KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

EDITED Co-founder and CEO Geoff Watts
Geoff Watts
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive company and amazing people!

Jun 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The feeling that they trust their employees to get on with their jobs (and give support where required) is amazing and isn't something I've experienced before - Employees are encouraged to get involved in projects across the company that interests them - There is strong commitment to collaboration across teams - Everyone is very welcoming and can't do enough to help - Work/life balance is very important to senior management and they offer a lot of support to help with workload management

Cons

- there is currently a lack of diversity but I know there are measures being put in place to address this and it seems as if the company really care about becoming more diverse

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to work with lovely, clever people

Jun 11, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible working hours with Remote First focus allowing you to WFH or office depending on your own style and needs. - Very open environment where ideas and suggestions are encouraged. - Good management, no micro-managing, and rewards performance. - VERY lovely colleagues, fun and supportive environment where people really care about each other. - Friday afternoon drinks/ socials. - Good parental leave benefits

Cons

- Could be more diverse

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not good

Sep 30, 2020 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a young team which is very sociable and welcoming. That was great with Edited being my first job out of Uni.

Cons

The job changed markedly in the first month I was there, to the point that the reasons I found the job appealing were removed from the job description. Previously the SDR role required a lot of conversations and presentations to director level prospects. It then changed into a cold calling factory - something I was assured it wouldn't be.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with great people

Jun 22, 2020 - Account Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work here really are lovely. I joined during lockdown and before I had time to even set up logins etc. I already had 10+ coffees put in by people who just wanted to say hello and have a chat. The work is great, you feel like you are all working towards the same goals, and they are growing into a really important area in the industry. Starting from home has been a breeze, and Im not sure how many other companies would be able to claim that. You are very much expected to drive your own work, and not micromanaged in the slightest.

Cons

So far one of the biggest appeals has been getting into their office environment. Obviously with lockdown that hasn't be possible for me, but that will come in time (I hope!)

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, full of amazing people

Jun 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

EDITED is truly the best place I’ve ever worked. No employer is perfect, but I think they come pretty close. Some of my favorite things about EDITED are the autonomy, lack of micromanagement, flexible work hours, work/life balance and tons of time off. The best thing by far though are the people. You get to work with such talented, smart, passionate people, both in the US and the UK. Everyone has been amazing, and I’ve seen so many life-long friendships be born here. EDITED is a super collaborative environment, even across offices, which I think the company does a really good job of. While the company is inching closer towards 100 employees, it still has a nice tight-knit feel to it, and things like bringing your own ideas to the table and trying new things is something that’s valued. You also get to work with an industry-leading product that’s helping change the retail industry, all while working with people at some of the top brands around the world. The environment here is also very fast-paced, and things can change quickly. To do well here, you need to be quick on your feet and comfortable with that. Management is great and will help you in any way they can, but there won’t be much hand-holding. Some would say that’s a con, but I prefer it and thought it should be listed with the pros. The senior management team, including the co-founders, are very approachable and you have direct access to them whenever you need to chat. They’re super transparent, even down to company financial information and how we’re doing. It’s rare to find that at most companies. I’ve been at companies large and small, and none of them come close to the experience you get here. This is definitely a company you can come into and grow so much, both personally and professionally. There’s so much opportunity, and I really feel it’s a place where you can go very far if you work hard and are passionate about the company and what you do.

Cons

If you asked me several months ago, I would have told you a lack of management in the US and dependency on Google Suite for many internal processes. Luckily, these are being solved, with US leadership hires over the past few months and rollouts of new tools that will help run processes more consistently and efficiently.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

An innovative company with a passionate team where you're given the freedom to grow!

Jun 12, 2020 - Account Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is full of intelligent and very passionate people who are encouraged to excel and given the freedom to try new things. The environment is very supportive and all members of the team (including senior management) are generous with their time. I've never worked somewhere where everyone truly believes in the product so deeply. I've learnt more about the retail industry from working at EDITED than I ever did in the industry itself. This is because senior management put a huge amount of trust in you and don't micromanage giving you the opportunity to present to CEOs of massive corporations and really impact retailers' strategies from early on in your career. There's a big focus on career progression and it's refreshing to see an approach to this that focuses on an individual's own career ambitions rather than just trying to fit people into a structure within the company that already exists. Work/life balance is also a huge plus and there's a great social life within the business encourage by FAB (Friday afternoon beers) and other activities.

Cons

Sometimes communication across teams isn't always the best but a lot of changes have been put in place to improve this and you can already see the positive impact.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A collaborative and forward thinking company with a great internal company culture.

Jun 10, 2020 - Retail Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative, Exciting, Dynamic, Supportive, Rewarding, Global, Forward Thinking, Great Internal Culture, engaging and supportive senior management.

Cons

Employee discounts, large number of internal tools.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Genuinely best place I have ever worked & have referred multiple friends to work at the company!

Jun 10, 2020 - Retail strategy director in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Career opportunities - in my first year at EDITED I was travelling across Europe presenting to CEO's & senior management of some of the world's largest retailers. My manager encourages me to carve my future at the company based on my personal aspirations. We recently launched a podcast & have run team-wide lunchtime lectures for the entire business for over 2 years. - Opportunity to be creative & try new things. Management love to hear your ideas. If it doesn't work - iterate & try again. - Work life balance - encouraged to adapt my work schedule to accommodate any requirements in my personal life - People - everyone is so friendly, warm & passionate. - Senior Management - all members of senior management are extremely approachable & have given me opportunities in my career that any of the company I have worked for would have only given to someone more senior or experienced. - Excited for the future of the business - we have a great product with a great team & a brilliant board. Looking forward to what the future holds!

Cons

More opportunity to get face time with the wider team (NY office & remote workers).

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

You can really see your impact in this fast growing company

Jun 9, 2020 - Operations & Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have the opportunity to get heaps of exposure, even if you're early on in your career, and make an impact in an industry-changing company. There's alot of openness and transparency which I really value also. People are so generous with their time to help you understand something better and care about what they're doing. The perks are great too - beer taps, barista, drinks fridge etc.

Cons

It's a very fast paced environment, which means it sometimes feels like there's alot to do and not always enough hours in the day to get it all done. But, we've definitely improved as a team in our project prioritisation.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

A strong team, working hard allows you to succeed.

May 19, 2020 - Product and Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers will support you 100% on career development internally. Don't wait for them to pave the way; push yourself, look for opportunity and you will do well at this company with full backing from your manager. EDITED compare themselves to a sports team, this is a great way of working if you would like progression, it encourages everyone to give honest and direct feedback without conflict. You can rely on your peers to support you to achieve more. Brilliant work/life balance opportunities and mental health support is regularly discussed with no questioning or stigma. A lot of pizza and beer!

Cons

Politics can get in the way of decision making that is required of management and this can be frustrating in terms of process, hires and company objectives.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews