EE&K Reviews | Glassdoor

Stanton Eckstut

1. "architect"

Former Employee - Architect in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Architect in New York, NY

I worked at EE&K full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and good benefits.

Cons

Depending on the senior manager/principle you work with the experience can be very different.

2. "a unique focus on large scale design"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I worked at EE&K full-time

Pros

great opportunities to shape cities, campuses and neighborhoods across the country and in China

Cons

a bit disorganized; need to focus more on design

3. "Great clients, fun projects, but management and pay are endlessly frustrating"

Current Employee - Staff Designer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Staff Designer in Washington, DC

Pros

The type of work and the clients are the primary reason I work here. I get a lot of satisfaction from the type of buildings and quality of architecture we do.

Cons

Management is very poor - there is a serious lack of communication among high level principals and the rest of the staff. Decisions about the direction the firm is going (or wants to go) are secretive and confusing. Pay and other intangible compensation is definitely sub-par. Example - my salary hasn't increased in 4 years, despite several requests and discussions with my supervisors. Principals in the DC office seem to have almost no control over these decisions, which are made by others in the NYC headquarters. I do think the DC office has a much better comeraderie than that of NY, but still the lack of intangible benefits is frustrating. If you just worked at 70 hour week to meet a deadline, don't think that means you can come in a little late on Monday, you'll be reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with the decisionmaking processes. Listen to your staff! I think one of the best thinks about EE&K is the high level of staff intelligence and competency. With only a very few exceptions the staff is highly knowledgeable, competent, and inventive. Treat us like you know that, instead of making decisions that affect our work environment and ability to succeed without consulting us.

5. "Overall, decent."

Pros

Nice coworkers
    Diverse group of people

Cons

Lack of communication between employees