EEI Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Gregory McDonough

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Word Processing Temp"

Former Employee - Word Processing Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Word Processing Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at EEI Communications (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learned a great deal about the advanced features of current software.

Cons

Could not advance into a permanent position.

Advice to Management

Should open office n DC or in Maryland near Red Line Metro stop..

2. "Recuiter"

Pros

Learned a lot about reviewing resumes, lots of talented design staff

Cons

some micromanagement, seemed to be risk averse

3. "Multimedia Specialist"

Pros

I had a very flexible schedule and they really worked with us when my wife got pregnant. It was a very family oriented company.

Cons

I was laid off when the economy tanked.

"Team-oriented organization"

I have been working at EEI Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is rarely a boring day at EEI - always a new challenge or something new to learn. No micro-management, employees are encouraged to work individually or as a team to think outside the box and create their own solutions or ideas about how something should be done. Work environment is relaxed, flexible scheduling. Surrounded by very intelligent team members who are highly skilled in their area of expertise. Employees are accountable to themselves and their teammates. Employees are encouraged to be proactive and learn new skills, participate in workshops, webinars, etc...

Cons

In a small relaxed office environment sometimes internal communication can suffer.

Advice to Management

Work on an internal communication processes. Provide occasional one on one feedback.

Jul 16, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your feedback! Internal communication can often be a challenge in a small work environment, and this is something that we certainly have been working to address. As always, please feel... More

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at EEI Communications (More than a year)

Pros

They were fortunate to have some excellent projects to work on.

Cons

Management made promises they never intended to keep. Delayed payments. even after work was completed.

Advice to Management

Pay your bills and reduce management's salaries.

"Response to Recruiting Manager"

Former Employee - Contract Trainer in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Contract Trainer in Alexandria, VA

Pros

There are still no pros about this company.

Cons

The current CEO was on the management team when EEI was actively selling services, and just as actively not paying their contractors. None of us will ever forget reaching out to upper management for help in securing payment for services already rendered. While the responses varied, the most common one we all heard was "Sit tight. You are next in line for payment." Those who chose to believe those words are STILL OWED over $30,000 EACH. The rest of us took EEI to court only to have EEI settle the day before each court date.

So for those of you reading the Recruiting Manager's Comment on June 19, 2014 with the advice "Please remember that anytime you have an issue or a problem, you can always reach out to a team member at EEI, including someone in upper management, who would be happy to work with you in finding the best solution."—I wouldn't expect to actually get a solution. Past behavior remains the best predictor of future behavior.

Advice to Management

Bankruptcy relief or not—pay your bills. How can you look yourself in the eye(s) when you know you were bringing home paychecks while loyal 20-year contractors were on the verge of losing their homes?

"The Business University (Formerly EEI Communications)"

Pros

Yay for bankruptcy! You get to keep your assets, not pay your contractors and start over under a new name!

Cons

Calling the contractors who are owed thousands of dollars to see if they would like to work for you again. (Uh, NO.)

Advice to Management

Really? Just pay your contractors, some of whom almost lost their homes because of your poor business decisions. And seriously, how do you look yourselves in the eye?

Jun 19, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comment. EEI Communications, Inc. continues to provide in-house and onsite assistance under the same name. However, as of February 2014 we no longer provide training services... More

"Great company with wonderful employees"

Former Employee - Instructor in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Alexandria, VA

I worked at EEI Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great experience.People are co operative and know how to deal with potential employees.I also learned few skills that they offer.Complaints were managed effectively.Provided a good environment for instructions.

Cons

Practically i didn't face any problem with the management.The company is somehow rejuvenating itself.I just had some minor issues due to this good come back.I had some problems with the employees.

Advice to Management

great comeback,take some bold steps.

Jun 19, 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad that you had a positive experience at EEI and that you were able to learn new skills here. We are sorry to hear that you experienced problems with... More

"Very professional, easy going staffing department, really helpful to me."

Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Graphic Artist in Washington, DC

Pros

The staffing department helped me a lot after I was laid off from my previous job, and lead me to my current position with a company that I love. Even though it was only supposed to be temporary, I was hired full time in July. Always professional and knowledgeable about the kind of work I was interested in and let me know about any jobs that could be a match for me.

Cons

Received a lot of e-mails about jobs I wasn't qualified for. Sometimes there are no assignments ready as soon as one ends, but that is a usual temp agency thing. Didn't always receive feedback on work.

"Was once a great organization, now they don't pay their contractors."

Former Employee - Contractor With EEI Communications in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Contractor With EEI Communications in Alexandria, VA

Pros

For many, many years, EEI Communications was the premiere training, editing, and staffing organization in the Washington, DC area.

Cons

Current management made a decision—and actually announced it in a company-wide meeting—that to save money and keep the company afloat, they would not pay their contractors in a timely manner for the work already delivered. Multiple lawsuits followed (monies were paid in full only after papers were filed with the Alexandria Courthouse), and those who could find work elsewhere moved on.

Advice to Management

Ethical companies pay their contractors for the work that they deliver. That new website looks slick, but settling up with the few loyal contractors that you have left would have been a much better investment in the future of EEI Communications.