EF Education First Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Dr. Edward Hult
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at EF Education First

Pros

Atmosphere and corporate culture is great, pay is fair

Cons

No cons, would work with them again!

EF Education First2017-09-26

"Lots of opportunities, little organization"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities for those who work hard and prove themselves Travel Great benefits

Cons

Low starting salary for entry level positions

EF Education First2018-08-27
  3. "“Great Place To Start Your Career""

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best school director to work with! great co-workers, great corporate culture (innovated, detail oriented, people oriented; also there are trainings for staff, there are celebrations of holidays/ events like recently 50 years anniversary of EF), there is always an opportunity to grow personally and professionally.

Cons

while peak time the part-time employees (summer interns) should be trained well to deliver the best experience for our customers

EF Education First2015-07-13

"Good job if you want to party hardy on a company's dime and don't have a life outside of EF"

Current Employee - Web Project Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very inexpensive health care, good coverage. Management also has low ethics so there's very low expectation of employees. (pro, if you are lazy). Once in a while they will let you take one of their tours on the house.

Cons

Low pay, low standards, low company/culture ethics, not professional environment, not organized, too many meetings to discuss more meetings, too many egos.

Advice to Management

Why not use some of the entertainment money to compensate your employees better. Lots of us would rather pay our high Boston rent than get drunk, again.

EF Education First2013-10-03
  5. "Great for me, not for everyone"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Merit based pay, visa support, room to be creative & take risks

Cons

Sometimes chaotic, communication can be lacking

Advice to Management

Better to have vacancies than unqualified staff

EF Education First2019-07-06

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Manager - Projects in Hong Kong

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome place to work if you're self-motivated and if you are full of ideas

Cons

Not so good compensation package

EF Education First2019-03-27

"Recommended as a step to find a career"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Zürich

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of projects to take care of (all sales oriented). Possible jump to other positions. Great colleagues.

Cons

Lack of knowledge in top-management positions. Salespersons are promoted to positions where they have little to no knowledge. There's no clear future path. Things are done on a weekly basis and driven by Country Sales Managers. The 360 (yearly) evaluations lack a purpose, they serve just as an incentive to push you further into accepting more requests. There's no real improvement to be taken from those feedback sessions. Salaries are beyond market rates. (25% below)

Advice to Management

Start taking more seriously all aspects of the business. After several years it's clear that we're trapped in the talking monkey problem. Our goal is to put a monkey on a stand and have him recite a few verses from Shakespeare. We keep focusing on building the stand, and we do not realize that without the monkey, the project lacks all sense. We build a new stand every quarter, burning out people that look at long-term career improvements and a sense of accomplishment.

EF Education First2018-01-15

"Good Ambiance but lack of profesionalism"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Zürich

I worked at EF Education First full-time for less than a year

Pros

*good ambiance *good atmosphere *work hard play hard attitude *give opportunities to change job within the company *a lot of opportunities to travel worldwide

Cons

*huge disparity in the wages (not based on skills at all) *no HR or real HR, when you have a conflict with your manager you are screwed and ask to leave, no HR to balance *half of the manager are not trained manager (although some do their job well) but a big part have no management experience or skills or know how to manage a team (especially in IT)

Advice to Management

- train your manager - trust the good one - get rid of the not good one. Leadership management is key in a company - get a HR department and system to help growing people or let go others on fact and not emotions - be more fair to the staff a lot of good people leave because of that unfairness

EF Education First2017-12-31

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people! The culture! The passion! I don't really feel like I'm going to work, since I'm working with something I'm so passionate about and I get to work with amazing and inspiring people who truly believes in our mission. The entrepreneurial culture allows me to be creative, there's not many templates to use or strict rules to follow which, to me, is very empowering because I can do things my way and I get challenged every day. In such a large and global company I get to travel, meet and talk to people across the globe on a daily basis. As long as you're open location wise, there are career opportunities in every corner of the world.

Cons

If you are a super structured person you might not enjoy it because things can be quite unpredictable sometimes (which I think is exciting and challenging). They could be putting more effort on work-life balance. Since it's such a decentralised organisation, a lot is up to the individual manager to decide upon.

EF Education First2017-06-12
  10. "My EF experience"

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Hong Kong

I have been working at EF Education First for more than a year

Pros

EF Is a place for international do-ers. Challenge-seekers who are ready to make things and travel the world at the same time. It's a fast-paced environment with a lot of growth opportunities. By the way - best organizational culture in the world.

Cons

The company does not work as many other places as we know it - meaning no many internal processes are structured. Many employees can get lost since no many systems are interconnected. EF is also not known for its educational cycle.

Advice to Management

Continue having fun! :)

EF Education First2015-07-10