EF Education First Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2019

3.6
EF Education First CEO Dr. Edward Hult
Dr. Edward Hult
Pros
  • "Great work environment where workers are really valued(in 151 reviews)

• "Free travel opportunities (get to go on the tours they sell for free, either once a year or every other year depending on your position)(in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • "Depending on your role, expect to work long hours during "busy season"(in 100 reviews)

• "Low salary especially in city like shanghai(in 86 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Inspiring mission, incredible opportunities to see the world while developing your skills"

Current Employee - Director in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Everything we do at EF is about helping people build bridges across borders and cultures, spark mutual understanding, and create new opportunities. It's a mission that feels incredibly relevant right now. - Travel opportunities: I spent more than 3 months traveling abroad last year to some of the most amazing places including Spain, Sweden, UK, France, and Germany. Everyone travels once a year, most travel far... more than that. - The people. EF people make coming into work every day energizing and fun. - The benefits. Probably among the best on offer in Greater Boston.

Cons

- EF isn't for everyone; and in particular, folks who are looking for lots of structure and a clear path to promotion on an annual or semi-annual basis. People who aren't a good EF fit probably won't be happy here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Staff events and professional development opportunities were fantastic in 2018. Not surprising that EF consistently ranks in the top 2 on the Globe's Top Places to Work list.

EF Education First2019-01-08

EF Education First Response

January 14, 2019Senior Director of People Operations

Thank you for this feedback! Our mission, people, professional development and benefits and perks are the most common things our staff refer to when they talk about why they love working here. I love that you saw so much of the world last year. I hope 2019 brings more amazing opportunities your way!

"Beatiful company"

Current Employee - Teacher and Residential Advisor in Thornwood, NY

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) excellent staff camaraderie 2) unique multi-cultural environment 3) outstanding meal provision 4) plenteous opportunity to be creative and extend one's ideas into the working environment 5) lovely campus and atmosphere 6) organized

Cons

1) a bit slap-dash and busybody from time to time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

EF Education First2019-08-23
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Fun job, amazing experience"

Current Employee - Activity Leader

I have been working at EF Education First full-time

Pros

Its an excellent company to work with. Work mates and whole team are extraordinary. Such a fun and great experience.

Cons

Have quite a lot of responsibilities and the pay does not match the amount of work.

EF Education First2019-10-20
  5. "Great culture, great people, little pay and mobility"

Former Employee - Tour Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I worked at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Travel perks, over-the-top company events, fun culture, great people

Cons

Slow mobility in moving up in roles, little pay because they know a lot of people want the job

Advice to Management

Pay your sales people more so they don’t leave after doing really well to other companies that will give them more money.

EF Education First2019-10-18
  6. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has great culture, working with fun people

Cons

Very low pay, high turnover

EF Education First2019-10-16
  7. "If you're looking for a company that cares about and values its employees, look no further."

Current Employee - Enrollment and Match Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for less than a year

Pros

EF is truly a community that values its employees. At a surface level, it's very obvious that the benefits and salaries are more than generous. The people in my department are extremely respectful, and there is a huge effort put forth by management to be communicative and transparent. This is really a company that values teamwork, support, communication, and the happiness of its employees. I haven't been here long,... but this is already, very clearly, the best company that I have ever worked for. It's no wonder that most people who work here stay here. If you're looking for a company that cares about and values its employees, look no further.

Cons

I haven't been working here for long, but so far the only con that I can see is that sometimes it gets windy between the Boston campus's buildings. I think I'll live.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it amazingly. Your communication, consideration, thoughtfulness, and passion for what you do is completely evident and identifiable in every interaction.

EF Education First2019-10-09
  8. "A great company for new college graduate"

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was an amazing environment to work at for recent graduate that wants to explore international education

Cons

After a few years, there are not that many opportunities for growth. It was difficult to keep up with the SF living standard after awhile.

EF Education First2019-10-17
  9. "You get what you get"

Current Employee - Educational Tour Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time

Pros

Working with incredibly interesting and adventurous people, MULTIPLE travel perks, fun office events/meals/drinks provided, well-known global education company, opportunities for growth and development (IF you put in the work - not rocket science), opportunities to join focus groups based on your strengths/interests which will help you develop in the long run, great PTO (in addition to said travel perks), great... benefits, beautiful office

Cons

The pay - BUT, $5-10k travel perks a year and a fun environment make it bearable and worth it, and it doesn't look any different than any other entry level salary in Boston

Advice to Management

Goal structures across teams (and even within teams) are totally unfair. There should be a product wide fixed guideline to hold everyone accountable for the same level of growth. Working for a more challenging manager screws you out of being able to earn your bonuses (but I'm thankful for everything else that comes along with a challenging manager).

EF Education First2019-10-03
  10. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Resident Advisor in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at EF Education First part-time for more than a year

Pros

Resident Advisors receive free room and board as benefits for living on-campus. Great work-culture and fun environment when supporting international students. Rewarding work.

Cons

Living on-campus means that you will need to be available to support students even when you're not on-duty. Company encourages a "can-do" attitude which means that you may be asked to complete tasks which are beyond your listed responsibilities. This could also be viewed as a benefit, depending on your goals.

Advice to Management

N/A

EF Education First2019-10-01

"great people - not great pay"

Current Employee - Tour Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people, great perks, great mission

Cons

you will be poor and perks cant pay the bills

EF Education First2019-09-26

EF Education First Response

September 30, 2019Direector, Global Recruitment & Development

Thank you for your feedback! We are very proud of our culture, mission and our people, and I'm happy to hear you enjoy working with interesting colleagues and towards our mission - Opening the world through education. We are always striving to be competitive in terms of pay and we will take this feedback on and follow up. Best regards.

Found 1829 reviews