EFI Lead Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

2.0
EFI CEO Jeff Jacobson
Jeff Jacobson

"Endless bug fixing, lack of new projects."

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good location and laid-back corporate atmosphere.

Cons

Most of engineering jobs are really maintenance jobs. The technology is outdated.

EFI2014-08-23

"If you are looking to be unappreciated and stabbed in the back, this is the place for you."

Lead Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at EFI

Pros

The hours are flexible and there are some employees that have the option to work from home. There are some really good people that do good work.

Cons

You better negotiate a good starting salary because you won't see much in the way of any raises, ever. The company only cares about getting to 1 Billion in sales by 2016 and will do whatever it takes to get there. Teams work in silos and there if very little cooperation and communication between the teams. Don't expect for any of your supervisors to have your back. I know mine didn't. Not only was I laid off... but I had asked to move to an up and coming team before I was let go and my boss did nothing to help me. After I was laid off my boss worked to get himself on the team. There is virtually ZERO chance for advancement. Company offers zero training and does nothing to allow you to grow.

Advice to Management

Management at this company doesn't listen to advice because they think they know everything. For years questions were submitted during quarterly conference calls to be ignored and never answered. This company is lucky that the people in the trenches that do all of the work haven't found new work. When they finally do get wise and leave this company will be on the path to implosion.

EFI2016-03-17

"Mixed Experience"

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at EFI full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Ability to work and contribute in areas not normally associated with a given job title. Day-to-day this was a fine place to work if you could ignore the bigger issues and the continual shrinking of the office headcount.

Cons

Company is overly focused on meeting quarterly numbers to the detriment of long-term goals. I worked in the Pittsburgh office and it was pretty much expected that there would be one or two people missing just prior to quarterly numbers being announced. There wouldn't be any notice/all-clear notice. You'd just notice that a cube was empty or realize somebody was missing a week later. Layoffs are part of the tech... industry, but shouldn't be a regular heartbeat so that a division can squeak out another percentage or two. Bonuses are tied to meeting corporate sales goals which makes perfect sense. But the goals were so overly aggressive that they weren't attainable. Middle management (at least in the Pgh office) were largely people that had little experience outside of EFI. There was little advancement or formal management training. So things which are commonplace in the rest of the industry like agile are either not implemented or not understood. I held out quite a while mostly due to inertia (and the vague hope of a severance package after a layoff) but finally left on my own accord. I'm very happy I did so.

EFI2015-08-17

"Fun people to work with but the compiany is Cheap"

Lead Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at EFI

Pros

Flexible work hours. Most team members are cooperativate most pelple are open and easy to talk with

Cons

eFn Cheap. Pay raise are little if any. Will higher at compitave rates, but will continualy cut benifits and give out little raies. Will not invest in equipment to improve proformance. I have been in meetings, thier were 6 people using laptops to get work done, 4 were employ bought. managment top priorities are cut costs and ship on time, this includes lets work him for 4 years with no raises.

Advice to Management

invest in your employes now. moral is getting low and if the ecomney picks up any you will have a hard time keeping people from leaving

EFI2010-08-27
  5. "Good company for work life balance"

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at EFI part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good and open work culture. Every body needs to be hands on technical.

Cons

no much variation in responsibilities, most of the work is of similar nature.

Advice to Management

you guys are doing good job

EFI2012-11-03