EFI Marketing Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Jacobson

"Good company"

Current Employee - Global Product Marketing Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at EFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy working with those in my team and those around me. The people within EFI are knowledgeable and work well together. The company has good benefits and a flexible time off schedule which enables working parents to meet the needs of both their career and family.

Cons

Leadership can sometimes be disconnected from the day to day inter-workings of the company, implementing changes without understanding how it affects logistics downstream. Although there has been a sincere effort to reduce the 'silo' affect, the company business units are still very disconnected from each other.

EFI2019-06-10

"Marketing"

Marketing Manager in Manchester, NH

I have been working at EFI

Pros

Good work / life balance. Managers don't micromanage and are positive for self initiative.

Cons

Disorganized management and HR. Management doesn't recognize accomplishments. Don't promote from within. A good old boy's club. Upper management is very well rewarded - in 2008-2010 while the whole company got a 5% reduction, executives got millions in stock grants. Management rates folks company wide for bonuses when things are going well but criticizes sub-groups when not. Mass migration of labor to India. The Fiery group gets preferential treatment despite many poor quarters. Company has regular layoffs which tend to be political and which has created a long term climate of paranoia and turf behavior. Company focuses primarily on new business and short shrifts existing customers. Most growth is through acquisitions which is symptomatic of a shrinking print industry. Outside of the Ink Jet group, not a great place to grow your career.

EFI2015-04-13

"Poor management and evironment"

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Met some great people from all different backgrounds

Cons

Terrible management and stressed out employees

EFI2015-02-12

"Marketing? Seriously! I was warned that EFI didn't believe in marketing, but I didn't believe it until it was too late."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at EFI full-time

Pros

They invented the Print Controller business and were created and managed by an industry visionary. While business was good, technology strategists could lead the company through growth, but like so many others (Xerox, Kodak, IBM...) once that market has matured, its time to transform and become a different type of leader. Transcend from selling the original 'product' to supplying the vision and value that product generated.

Cons

Zero corporate support or appreciation for the value of marketing. They continue to have an OEM-mentatlty and despite being a leader have failed to recognize that commoditization of their core business was eroding their future longevity. Thank god for wide-format printers and their consumables... for the time being.

EFI2014-10-08
  5. "Great people. Management and direction of company is a work in progress."

Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really loved the people and my immediate managers. For most of my career there, my immediate managers trusted me and let me try on new things.

Cons

As company grew, the culture changed a lot. It became less about rewarding people for great work, more about money, and political. Training is scare if you aren't on the "chosen" list.

EFI2013-09-13

"Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Las Américas

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place to work, nice environment.

Cons

Corporate strategies keep changing, it seems top management doesn´t know where to go.

EFI2014-12-16