EFI Reviews in Meredith, NH | Glassdoor

EFI CEO Guy Gecht
Guy Gecht

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great place to be part of"

Current Intern - Support in Meredith, NH
    Current Intern - Support in Meredith, NH

I have been working at EFI as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Team attitude, everyone I have had an opportunity to work with are willing to help you and the customer. I didn't think I would find a company in the middle of NH that takes cares of its employees like EFI does. It was worth the wait becoming a permanent employee.

Cons

Extended period of time to convert from Temp to Perm employee.

"HR Rep"

Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Meredith, NH
    Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was hired directly
    New facility in 2018
    Fiery side of software business is less bad
    The printers are big and impressive
    Many work remotely

Cons

This is a classic case of a manufacturing environment spending as little as they can. Meredith facility is an OSHA nightmare with bugs and mice left to infest the premises. These people are given nothing- no perks and they don't even give raises at the time of promotion- my boss was. Ew to her role and informed me her old boss was incompetent and her boss was a drunk. I was told stories about male employees who harasses customers stole equipment but were still employed due to their "good ole boys" connections. This location does not buy into the companies SPRINT propaganda. I was told I was hired to improve employee engagement as well as helping the HRBP with onboarding. These people could care less about the welfare of their employees you can tell this because they have done nothing for them in 15 years. I was fired for suggesting improvements and told that S a new person I was supposed to shut up and do my "job" which consisted of watching videos. These people stalked me for a month with a series of 5 interviews many of which were missed by them or haphazardly rescheduled. This place is a snake pit in the two weeks I was there we have five high level resignations. Good riddence!! Stop wasting people's time!!

Advice to Management

You're a mess. You want this to be your demo facility and bring your world wide clients there? You can start by cleaning the "guest restroom" which I've seen cleaner ones in subway stations. Practice your own corporate culture and do something about the vermin and trip hazard wires before you get a real lawsuit. Which your Meredith HRBP will leave you open for when she discriminates against people by "firing for fit"

"Time to change carreer, company vision is changing for the worse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meredith, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meredith, NH

I have been working at EFI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm not sure I know anymore

Cons

zero concern given to the "regular people"... The top brass do very well while everyone else is "getting by" seems to be the norm

Advice to Management

follow through on promises

"manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Meredith, NH
    Former Employee - Manager in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, stock purchase plan

Cons

poor strategic vision, employees not valued

5. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Meredith, NH
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great work environment, pay is high, benefits are great, work experience and career growth

Cons

They do lay offs normally every 3-5 years and unfortunately if you are at the bottom, or a newly hire, you may get the boot.

Advice to Management

Stop laying off people who work hard and lay off the people that take advantage of expense reports

"Things could be improved..."

Former Employee - Production Tech in Meredith, NH
    Former Employee - Production Tech in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good people to work with; interesting work

Cons

corporate management needs to appreciate their employees better..local management was very good,but their hands were tied by upper management. Too many vague reasons for no pay increases,yet corporate was always bragging about getting to be a "billion dollar company"...You didn't do it alone..try rewarding the folkes who got you there.

Advice to Management

quit buying new companies,and appreciate the employees here that help contribution to your Billion dollar company goal

7. "Valuable Learning Experience"

Former Contractor - Test Machine Operator in Meredith, NH
    Former Contractor - Test Machine Operator in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly. Plenty of Opportunity to learn the job. Good Experience. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Pay was very good

Cons

Maybe too friendly - too relaxed. Job was good when they were busy. Business slowed down and work force was quickly reduced. Was hired to run a machine - Company was happy if you could also fix the machine and maybe do some programming - No On site manager - unclear of what needed to be done - Lots of printers - Ink and chemicals being used - air quality could have been better

Advice to Management

Please be more upfront with employee and more professional. Have an on site manager with clear expectations of what needs to be done and what is expected of the employee. Company needs to hire good workers instead of keeping them as long term temps

"The line between reality and fantasy is often ignored at great cost."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Meredith, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Meredith, NH

I have been working at EFI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Sets goals & shares with employees on quarterly basis for growth & profitability.
    -Flexibility available when one needs to work from home as needed (personal issues or winter storms).
    -Salary and Benefits seem to be higher than most companies in the state.
    -Has an active and mobile safety committee committed to employee safety.
    -Currently is very busy and has employees wearing many "hats" so there is a perception of job security.
    -Very aggressive in the desire to grow profit through growth and acquisitions.
    -Recognizes 3-4 qualified employees per quarter from across the entire company with an MVP type award.

Cons

-The aggressive desire to grow profit through growth and acquisitions is NOT matched with enough labor force nor time to effectuate the overly zealous build plans quarter to quarter. Burn out and discontent should be expected if things continue as they are.
    -Changes are often frequent, incomplete and implemented in way UNDER lead time and without adequate testing.
    -Time and financial waste as a result of the ECO process is not adequately measured and tracked for reduction as a way to enforce accountability and efficiency among stakeholders.
    -Employee surveys are advertised as "anonymous" but if the department you work in is small enough, they really aren't. There is pressure to complete these surveys with no guarantee the a properly conveyed contribution to improvement by a respondent will get adequate review.
    -Blaming/shaming is a standard operating procedure on a DAILY basis- oftentimes, this is done in open-air meetings.
    -Under these conditions (listed above), employees are strongly admonished to keep a "positive" outlook and attitude and any inkling of discontent is met with sharp criticism and the "victim" label. This is not conducive to building morale and encouraging a more active and positive employee engagement.

Advice to Management

-What you do great:
    Allowing for ways for a better work-life balance for some employees (probably more for the salaried individuals than hourly). A great benefits package is offered.
    -What you need to hear and then do something about:
    Get your feet back on the ground and your collective heads out of the clouds and truly evaluate what can REALLY be done vs what is desired in the build plan. STOP with the shame/blame procedures. It's demoralizing and will not go anywhere in retaining talented employees.
    -Grow the business without trodding your own employee base under foot.

"Politics and Games"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Meredith, NH
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Meredith, NH

I worked at EFI as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The people who worked here were excellent to work with. Newer management was also a pleasure to work for.

Cons

Older seasoned management plays games with contract employees and says one thing and does another.

Advice to Management

Grow Up.

"Fast-paced high tech company that rewards productivity and creativity"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Meredith, NH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Meredith, NH

I have been working at EFI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people from many different engineering disciplines all working together to bring innovative technologies to market, set in a beautiful location.

Cons

Some of the facilities are old and run-down looking. Priorities are constantly changing. Difficult to lure top-quality engineers to this location.