EFI Principal Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Jacobson

"Principal Engineer"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Manchester, NH

I have been working at EFI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Interesting work, good benefits & employee stock program, good vacation allowance (unlimited w/approval), opportunity to travel

Cons

Corporate management are useless, focused on all the wrong things, treat employees bady, penny pinching to the extreme, then wasteful to the other extreme. Bought lots of successful companies, then completely changed & ruin them. Too many cliques within the company, harboring use-Les, worth-Les, Sycophantic people. If you like to get on by brown nosing, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stop seagul managing the companies you buy & let them run themselves the way they should be. Forget about revenue & concentrate on actual real profit (not the non-gaap rubbish you keep measuring everything by)

EFI2017-01-01

EFI Response

January 30, 2017Manager, Talent Acquisition Americas

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are thrilled that you have found your work here interesting and we are very proud of the benefits we offer to our employees. EFI being a global company has a responsibility to ensure that all of its business units work and ...

2. "Good for stability, Bad for Learning!"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at EFI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Job security. WLB Friendly staffs Cab facilities

Cons

No much learning. Outdated technologies used for some products

Advice to Management

Explore new Tech, Learn from startups

EFI2019-08-20
  3. "Workplace review"

Principal Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at EFI

Pros

Work-life balance, Transportation, time-off outings/team lunch

Cons

Domain/industry is not very happening and lucrative, Organisation is very bureaucratic

EFI2016-07-15
  4. "nice place to work"

Principal Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at EFI

Pros

1) Good work life balance 2) Free cab facility

Cons

1) Less chance to learn something new as most produts are built and maintaind in older versions. 2) Staggered appraisal process

EFI2016-03-14

"PE"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Culture. You can learn and grow here. Provides opportunity to scale up, so the right candidate does has opportunity. Good leaders.

Cons

Salary can get better atleast for the right candidates. This will help retain the resources who are skilled on domain front. Too many meetings, which is either updating status to visitors or upper management. EFI India needs to be treated as a matured organisation by HQ and not just a sustenance centre that helping meet the Bottom Line. I have been here several years and the control centre is always outside of IDC..., other that for a few initiatives that have triggered and managed completely out of India Centre.

Advice to Management

Please strike a clear ownership model for India operations. India centre has become a global kitchen for recipes cooked remotely and local dish is always left 'in the making'. We heard of RACI model? please get the RACI clarified for IDC Org. Trust me 90% of the leadership has no idea what they are accountable. The division i work work is too top heavy, some corrections are made now, but there is a scope of... much more. No leadership promotions without reviewing their people pulse score please. Leaders who's people pule is poor, are seen growing. There are lot of them who have stayed years and have good knowledge of Domain. Give them a carrier path. I felt stuck and i have lot more friends their who feel the same. Even if the carrier path discussion happens with the leaders, the answer is "wait" till we resolve this. HR needs to behave like a Global HR, proposing new carrier path like the other organisations have. Half our people leave in search of better titles.

EFI2016-02-10
  6. "A true silicon valley technology company"

Principal Engineer

I worked at EFI

Pros

- Technical leadership and innovative ideas are valued very highly - Provides a very flexible work culture and less bureaucratic environment - Maintains nimbleness for an organization of its size and scale - Executive leadership has demonstrated its versatility in diversifying the business over the years

Cons

- Matrix organization induced confusion in terms of product ownerships - At times, becomes conservative and adopts a risk-free philosophy

EFI2015-03-18

"Its good"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at EFI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, good benefits

Cons

no onsite for the engineers

Advice to Management

discuss on company's plan more often with employees

EFI2014-11-19
  8. "Fun and challenging workplace with great culture"

I have been working at EFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

EFI is a good place to work. Nice perks & Good Compensation rewards if you work smart and hard. Amazing people, and a good work environment that is growing year on year. The company is growing fast and keeps reaching its goals.

Cons

The direction or commitment is lacking due to which the target dates are never considered serious. The company is good to start with but then after a while the growth opportunities become very limited.

EFI2014-04-14
  9. "“Great place to work.”"

I have been working at EFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1) Great Work-life balance (Much better than Koreans and Japs) 2) Believe in Great work Culture (SPRINT): (S: Self Starter, P: Passionate, R: Relationship builder, I: innovative, N: Nimble, T: Transparent) 3) Develop great products (Note: EFI products have lot of respect and considered gold standard in Digital printing segment) (Note: Recently signed up for making high end Controllers for Landa Nanography B1... digital printer.) 4) Great vision 5) Great learning opportunities 6) Up to date technologies 7) Freedom to express yourself.

Cons

EFI India must have its own building in Bangalore. I am working here from last 7 year and EFI has shifted its office thrice.It is for the good cause (company expansion plans) but it did effect the commute time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

EFI2014-04-14
  10. "EFI great place to work"

I have been working at EFI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Environment: Leadership provides freedom to put your thought and they even go one step further to help your good ideas to get to maturity. Dedicated forum to present any new thought/process you have in your mind. 2. Culture: We have good number of Company events through out the year to show case the hidden talent if any. It has got a pure milk vending machine which I love the most. 3. Flexible work timings 4.... Open with Financials: One thing I liked about this company is when company was in financial crunch (due to US economic slow down) it openly came to employees for cuts and when it came out of economic crunch it openly came out with the revisions. 5. Company has got very aggressive Technical, Leadership and Sales team which gives one opportunity to learn and grow in ones respective area/s.

Cons

1. Some times you have to push yourself to keep up the pace with the team and development happens in the company. 2. Salary structure is not straight forward and aggressive HR management does every thing to make your salary look higher then what it is. Like including gratuity in the package.

EFI2014-04-10