EFI Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
EFI CEO Guy Gecht
Guy Gecht

Pros
Cons
  • New management/ Upper management did not allow time to skill up with education (in 19 reviews)

• Senior Management has high expectations (in 17 reviews)

"engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at EFI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible, close to where I live

Cons

salary is low, no raise for a few years, salary is way below the market in bay area
    too much politics, when company had bad earning report, it only laid off employees who worked hard, but it didn't managers & directors who do not work on products but only play political games

Advice to Management

There are too many management layers, it would be better to reduce UN-neccessary layers, so this would improve product quality and reduce cost

"Time to change carreer, company vision is changing for the worse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meredith, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meredith, NH

I have been working at EFI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm not sure I know anymore

Cons

zero concern given to the "regular people"... The top brass do very well while everyone else is "getting by" seems to be the norm

Advice to Management

follow through on promises

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at EFI full-time

Pros

Free Soda, Free Parking, Nothing.

Cons

Management. No room for growth. Treated like a peon.

Advice to Management

Treat your veteran employees with respect and stand up for them when it comes to reviews.

"Stay Away! - Horrible company in comparison to Bay Area standards"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at EFI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide good benefits and have a cafeteria onsite. The campus itself is gorgeous and very modern.

Cons

This is a horrible company to work for. Management is all talk, no action and always play the blame game when a problem occurs. With companies like Facebook, Google, Apple, etc in the area it is not worth working here. You are better off at these more efficient companies or a start up. The pay is well below market standards and they will work you 10+ hours a day. New Grads especially should stay away! This company will provide no training or career growth.

Advice to Management

Board needs to get rid of the CEO and CFO and hire leadership that will get management to invest in its employees.

"Principal Engineer"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Manchester, NH

I have been working at EFI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting work, good benefits & employee stock program, good vacation allowance (unlimited w/approval), opportunity to travel

Cons

Corporate management are useless, focused on all the wrong things, treat employees bady, penny pinching to the extreme, then wasteful to the other extreme. Bought lots of successful companies, then completely changed & ruin them. Too many cliques within the company, harboring use-Les, worth-Les, Sycophantic people. If you like to get on by brown nosing, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stop seagul managing the companies you buy & let them run themselves the way they should be. Forget about revenue & concentrate on actual real profit (not the non-gaap rubbish you keep measuring everything by)

EFI Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition Americas

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are thrilled that you have found your work here interesting and we are very proud of the benefits we offer to our employees. EFI being a ... More

"Stay away!!!"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Fremont, CA

Pros

I found really NO Pros!!

Cons

- Lot and lot of politics!
    - Very low moral
    - Very poor salary
    - Too much pressure/expectation
    - Promotion is a dream never comes true
    - No salary raise
    - Poor work ethics

Advice to Management

Recognize the employees!!!

EFI Response

Nov 15, 2016 – Manager Talent Acquisition Americas

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry to hear you found no Pros with EFI. With an average employee tenure of 9+ years, many of us find lots of EFI Pros to stay and invest our time to grow our careers ... More

"Sad Times for EFI"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at EFI full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very flexible work schedule, decent pay and benefits. Lot's of company holidays,

Cons

There isn't much I can add to the posts written since the beginning of 2016. It's all very consistent with my experience. No resources or training for employees, no concern for customers, other than how much revenue can be squeezed out of them, etc., etc.

It is really sad, EFI has a large customer base that has grown to trust them and has not yet realized the level of dis-function going on internally at EFI. Mgmt is constantly making customer site visits to assure them all is well, when clearly it isn't. Products don't work and can't be used, yet more broken products continue to get pushed out the door on a regular basis. Promises to correct things are not kept because resources that could be dedicated to fixing the problems are diverted to focus on the vaporware needed to close 'the next big deal'. Or they have yet another round of RIF's (Reduction in Force) and long tenured, knowledgeable resources are laid off.

Yet somehow customers keep trusting them and giving them another chance. I think they don't want to believe the culture has changed and they can no longer trust that EFI has their best interests at heart. When customers realize this the repercussions will be significant.

It is unfortunate that what employees once regarded as 'a great company to work for' has fallen so far. Employees don't trust management. They don't believe they are listened to or appreciated. And they wont say anything for fear if they do, they will be in the next round of RIF's.

No one I knew had a personal or professional development plan at EFI, they had an 'exit strategy' - how long can I hang on - until I find another job? Can I make it to retirement? Should I stay until they RIF me so at least I get to take some cash with me when I go? The last option seemed to be getting the most traction when I left. What does it say about a company whose employees want to get laid off?

For a long time I thought mgmt really didn't understand or realize what was happening. Then one day it dawned on me that they totally understand what is happening, but they no longer care. This is the price the company has decided to pay to get to 1 billion dollars.

I wish them well and really hope they can find a way to pull out of this downhill spiral.

Advice to Management

Quit focusing on revenue and get back to focusing on your customers, if you want to keep them. Be honest and humble enough to admit the mess you have made and commit to fixing the problems you hare created.

"Don't Come Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

if you like printing technology, this is the place for you.

Cons

Management pretends to know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Resign.

"One of worst company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Fremont, CA

I have been working at EFI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great, this is only one pros to work at EFI.

Cons

Once you join the company, you will never get a raise. Manager will always come up with or other excuses. And If you come under bad manager, you can see lots of racial discrimination. They will make you work day and night and still do not appreciate your hard work.

There is No work life balance and upper management doesn't truly listen to their people at all.

I would not recommended this company a good place to work.

"If you are looking to be unappreciated and stabbed in the back, this is the place for you."

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

The hours are flexible and there are some employees that have the option to work from home.
    There are some really good people that do good work.

Cons

You better negotiate a good starting salary because you won't see much in the way of any raises, ever.
    The company only cares about getting to 1 Billion in sales by 2016 and will do whatever it takes to get there.
    Teams work in silos and there if very little cooperation and communication between the teams.
    Don't expect for any of your supervisors to have your back. I know mine didn't. Not only was I laid off but I had asked to move to an up and coming team before I was let go and my boss did nothing to help me. After I was laid off my boss worked to get himself on the team.
    There is virtually ZERO chance for advancement.
    Company offers zero training and does nothing to allow you to grow.

Advice to Management

Management at this company doesn't listen to advice because they think they know everything. For years questions were submitted during quarterly conference calls to be ignored and never answered. This company is lucky that the people in the trenches that do all of the work haven't found new work. When they finally do get wise and leave this company will be on the path to implosion.