EFI Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 498 reviews

3.2
EFI CEO Jeff Jacobson
Jeff Jacobson

"A company lacking in both new technology and care for its employees"

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people for the most part - they want to get things done. Adding product lines through acquisition has been good (especially Nozomi)

Cons

No work/life balance Senior leadership out of touch with the people that DO the work HR team is a mess - not really there for the employees or each other it seems - they are robots pushing paper

Advice to Management

Work on culture and really hearing what your employees are saying. Stop talking out both sides of your mouth about building a great organization and then in same breath about failures and budget cuts. People are working crazy hours to make things happen, but if sales can't get the products sold - those people that have worked so hard to produce the products get punished. Re-vamp your HR team in the US - they... are lacking the business acumen to really move the needle.

EFI2019-04-09

"Not good for Upwardly Mobile"

Former Employee - Contractor

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent people, relaxed environment. Great for a work life balance.

Cons

No growth, not innovative, you will not learn anything here to bring to your next job.

Advice to Management

you suck

EFI2019-04-04

"It's a hoax"

I worked at EFI full-time for less than a year

Pros

none... but Glassdoor requires 5 words.

Cons

Temp to hire means work work work then fire

Advice to Management

At least be honest about your intentions. Actually train your new employees, and hire quality people, not xyz's sister and their friend and their brother. And trust your employees to actually do the work with out having another employee spy on them.

EFI2019-04-29

"A company that has lost its direction - completely!"

Former Employee - House Cleaner

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I cannot think of any.

Cons

The quarterly scramble to bring out the new product - the only one that sales is committed to selling. There is a broad portfolio with no incentive or motivation or leadership within the Sales and Marketing organization to drive sales for the products that have been delivered. Instead, they sell and promise solutions that do not exist in a timeframe that is unachievable. Then internal departments are pressured... to deliver to this absurd smoke and mirror show. Quality -?? Now that is a joke. While Senior Mgmt. talks the talk on quality they then quickly throw that out the door for the sake of revenue. They have burned out most employees with the knowledge base that knows the technology.

Advice to Management

You are only as good as those who work for you... try to embrace the concept of valuing your employees. Senior Management is a joke.

EFI2019-04-24

"Efi is a dynamic environment"

Current Employee - Management in Manchester, NH

I have been working at EFI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

benefits, location, people, vacation time.

Cons

Work Environment, Upper Management, Realistic work schedules

EFI2019-03-29

"?"

I worked at EFI full-time for more than a year

Pros

NO NO NO NO NO

Cons

Company headed in a downward direction

EFI2019-03-10

"ok but not ideal"

Former Employee - QA Tester

I worked at EFI part-time for less than a year

Pros

You work from home but to even survive you must work around the clock with little sleep and even less time for your family. If you are expecting...” You can work anytime, but you only have one hour to unclaim a project or you'll get a penalty, so make sure you're really committed...”

Cons

vYou are trained but few graders that review your work follow the standard that you are taught. There is no other way to say it. You will be marked...”

EFI2019-02-06

"Sunshine an blue skies turns into tornado storms"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Ypsilanti, MI

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful co-workers and flex time.

Cons

Smoke and Mirrors It is all an illusion - a deliberate and calculated deception, often in the context of politics. Dangled a carrot (promotion) in front of me for too long. Enticed me with the promise of said promotion, while claiming I was invaluable. Encouraged me to get the leverage of an external job offer to gain said promotion. Strung me along. Had me believing something that was false for a long time. I... could go on and on. The lesson here is, NEVER SETTLE.

Advice to Management

Stop being so incredibly deceptive and selfish.

EFI2019-02-26

"Slow to accept change / unwilling to document their processes or project mgmt"

I worked at EFI

Pros

none that I can think of

Cons

Programmers wrote millions of lines of code without any routine or formal documentation which made change orders and QC and process improvement very difficult with no accountability and no proper project management; lots of inertia to change

EFI2019-01-09

"Exercise in futility"

Former Employee - Indentured Servant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at EFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The products have new and exciting technology.

Cons

Where do I begin with the cons? We joke about upper management's quarterly meetings. It always starts with, we're doing so great, we had xx in sales and we've hit the marks.... but you guys still suck. Employees are overworked and have lost any sense of motivation. Nobody even tries to suggest innovative new ideas because they are stifled and ignored. Work environment is very clique-ish and unfriendly. It's... definitely not conducive to creativity or ideas. If you're looking for a promotion from within, you can forget that notion right off the bat. Management is extremely top heavy and no end to that in sight. CFO inflated the sales numbers to affect stock prices and ended up getting bit on the rear end, as stock prices fell over 40%. Speaking of stock, the shareholders are all that matters in this company.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Even just a little bit.

EFI2019-01-04