EMQ FamiliesFirst Reviews | Glassdoor

EMQ FamiliesFirst Reviews

Found 49 reviews

2.8
Darrell Evora
  1. "Really fantastic place to work, learn and develop professionally"

I have been working at EMQ FamiliesFirst

Pros

-Strongly encourage by management to develop professionally (getting certifications, going to grad school, etc) and offered resources and lots of mentoring by senior staff/managers -Flexible work schedule, AMAZING benefits (even for part-time employees) including PTO, health, vision, dental, 401K (matched) employee assistance program, 50 hours of sick time GIVEN the second you start and THEN you start to accrue even...

Cons

-Like any job in the field, you can only go so far with a bachelor's degree -The idea of having a "quota" for MediCal billing hours sucks, but then again this is across the board for any company that bills MediCal. -Raises aren't always given every year (non-profit life)

Advice to Management

I honestly don't know. I think the company does a pretty dang good job of trying to keep us happy. When they couldn't give raises, the CEO made sure everyone got a little bonus in their paycheck and then sent a giftcard to every single employee too. It was a tough year but he still found a way to give us something and it really meant a lot. So many non-profits are so use to everyone being willing to sacrifice everything...

"Systemically challenged by lack of supportive internal-customer service."

Former Employee - Wraparound - Family Specialist in Campbell, CA

I worked at EMQ FamiliesFirst full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

One of the most powerful economic advantages that EMQ has in the current market, is its employees. Their employees have created a professional family orientation and bond, that has proven to be unbreakable.

Cons

The salient con could be found in the upper management's inability to remain relevant within the supportive services for the population, in which it was designed to serve.

Advice to Management

My advice to management, never forget why you were called into your current field.

3. "not a great place"

Former Employee - Clinician in San Jose, CA

I worked at EMQ FamiliesFirst full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

helping children that are in foster care

Cons

lack of support and safety

Advice to Management

management changes too often

"Clinician"

Former Employee - Lead Clinician in Fresno, CA

I worked at EMQ FamiliesFirst full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Fantastic & passionate coworkers. Very rewarding and great work experience. Never a dull moment. Flexible hours

Cons

On-call, salaries, documentation is ridiculous, executive management/corporation demands (can't commit to any one form of program evaluation & expects staff to complete surveys with families frequently 1-3 months which impacted time actually spent serving and working with families)

Advice to Management

Reduce documentation, bending over backwards for county social workers, excessive demands on team, listen to line staff's suggestions/recommendations

"EMQ"

I have been working at EMQ FamiliesFirst

Pros

Great people and mission to help

Cons

Inconsistent hiring and promotion practices

"Meh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

I worked at EMQ FamiliesFirst

Pros

Good benefits , generous vacation, stable non- profit , flexibility.

Cons

Over work staff, turnover was high, I had 5 supervisors in 5 years. Management can talk negative about staff. Management can sometimes have favorite staff members under their directions. Many times people feel the favoritism

Advice to Management

Hire assistants to help with staff or reduce case load and hire more staff. Quality of care is very important.

• "LMFT Clinician"

Former Employee - LMFT in San Jose, CA

I worked at EMQ FamiliesFirst for more than 6 years

Pros

Working with families and children with a supportive team was very helpful, given the level of need of the children and teens that we provided services to.

Cons

At times, the work load was stressful not only the clinical work itself, but the amount of paperwork needed outside notes and daily reports.

"Respects Voice; you definitely work"

Former Employee - Clinician Team Lead in San Jose, CA

I worked at EMQ FamiliesFirst for more than 2 years

Pros

Job stability; they provide a great range of programs and services to the community. There is room for professional growth if you show initiative and stand out in your work and voice. They respected my drive and opinions. I had an amazing boss and an amazing team. We worked hard and changed many lives for the better. They are one of the most advanced non-profits in community mental health and therapeutic services in...

Cons

Work hard and always have clients. But what do you expect in non-profit mental health. Pay... but again, what do you expect. Biggest con = hard to get supervision if you are trying to get hours for MFT MSW licensure.

Advice to Management

Get more supervisors to support ASWs and MFTis so they get hours. My boss was great with promoting my professional growth, but it should be agency wide. Have a way where more programs can interact with each other and collaborate ideas and interventions.

• "Good company"

Former Employee - Facilities Tech in Campbell, CA

I worked at EMQ FamiliesFirst

Pros

Good family environment good benefits flexible work hours lots of different types of people to work and play with

Cons

Too much paperwork promote people who aren't ready to be management

Advice to Management

Try to cut down on paperwork and peoples a nice of entitlement

• "HR Assistant"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at EMQ FamiliesFirst for more than 2 years

Pros

Great people to work with. Excellent benefits package.

Cons

compensation easily competed by other organization. Management is top heavy. Work life balance not present

Found 49 reviews