EMS CRM Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Mitch Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best Company I've Worked For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at EMS CRM (Less than a year)

Pros

EMS is the best company I've worked for. My managers/supervisors know my name and are willing to teach me the things I don't know/have never done before. Great opportunities to advance within the company. I feel like I'm more than just a number here.

Cons

None, have had a great experience so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Cool for something temporary."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE

I worked at EMS CRM (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing overtime available i guess

Cons

they do not offer PTO and you can lose your job over anything

"Horrible Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Omaha, NE

I worked at EMS CRM (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Made some friends working there.

Cons

The supervisors would let their employees yell at their customers. They really did not care about their customers at all.

Advice to Management

Be more professional and more mature.

"EMT"

Former Employee - EMT/Safety Coordinator/CLIA Compliance Officer in McKinney, TX

I worked at EMS CRM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training provided. Great people to work with.

Cons

The money isn't great, okay, but not great

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "EMS Land is a Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Row Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Row Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at EMS CRM (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well Trained Employees with an excellent safety program

Cons

I worked for EMS for over 4 years, They are a well managed company DHD

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. "Technical support"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Omaha, NE

Pros

easy. flexible scheduling, decent pay, laid back.

Cons

Instead of paid time off they have LWOP (leave without pay) you get 80 hours a year and can be used whenever as long as you give a days notice. So really, its up to you how you feel about it.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Worst mistake ever"

Former Employee - Neebo Guest Services in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Neebo Guest Services in Omaha, NE

I worked at EMS CRM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmospher was nice laid back and fun of sorts and the people were nice and all

Cons

Poor management staff, sups were of no use and hates to answer question after question because something was not working right. They would single out people to send home when down time was available and would not pay for that time to off or even a minimum of two hours pay. Also if you made a simple mistake you were fired over it

Advice to Management

Hey get to know your employees and if they have disabilitys to see why they do what they do and help find a solution to the problem Insted of just terminating them without knowing all the facts first

"Worst place ever to work"

Former Employee - Computer Support Technician in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Computer Support Technician in Omaha, NE

I worked at EMS CRM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helped me learn to control temper and deal with computer illiterate people without an attitude.

Cons

Discrimination against employees with medical disabilities and they tell you as long as you provide them with drs notes you will be ok. Well they r liars. I provided them with drs notes and I got injured on their property. Went to my follow up appt and got fired for it because I was 2 hrs 15 min late for work when I gave them notice I had an appt. I also was running a fever and got sent home and then returned to work an learned I got 2 write ups. 1 of them was when my daughter was in an accident and I had to run to the hospital to make sure she was ok. No room for advancements either and they have their office pets or favorite people. They will also hold u in an office for other employees to rummage thru your stuff and pack ur stuff up n tell u ur not allowed to go back to ur desk to collect ur things n that it will be brought back by lounge for you. I would NEVER recommend this place to ANYONE.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees better and quit firing people for unnecessary stuff. People r required to work sick or not...people r required to work in extreme weather conditions such as blizzards...people get wrote up and fired for medical reasons. It's a bunch of bull.

"Tier 2 Technician"

Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Tier II Technical Support in Omaha, NE

Pros

Great teamwork, outsourced company so the company we worked for at the time would cater in food monthly, bonus gift cards, positive feedback on calls.

Cons

No PTO, poor management, lack of communication between supervisor & HR, management seemed to not care about employees.

Advice to Management

Time off policies need to change. Vacation time, PTO, etc.

"Avoid at all costs"

I worked at EMS CRM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as a customer service rep. This was my first job where I worked with two monitors, multiple applications, I learned to multitask and I did customer service for about ten different clients. I gained these skills at EMS and was able to find a better job because of my time here. I only worked here for about eight months and the skills I gained here appealed to my new employer.

On Friday the management will bring in treats such as veggie tray, cookies, fruits. Sometimes they have contests where you can win prizes and gift cards. I heard through the grape vine that the "real estate" dept. is one of the best departments to work in and that they try to keep their employees happy.

I learned how to have thick skin. In life not everyone will be kind and you will deal with rejection and what better place to learn those skills than in a call center. You learn to deal with nasty customers and you get over it and move on. You learn how to not take things personally.

If you have a degree and you don't work in the customer service departments then you will get treated better. If you are a professional, supervisor, you will get treated much better than the customer service reps.

Strict attendance policy. This is good or bad depending on your view but since most call centers have such high attrition it's not hard to see why they have a strict attendance policy. I understood why they did though.

It's the type of job you can leave at work and not take home.

Cons

Almost zero mobility. Be warned that if you get hired in the "Shared Customer Service" department then you it's very tough to transfer out to another department you might like better. I tried to do this 2-3 times and I had the qualifications but they didn't want to let me go because I was trained on 10 clients at that point. That's why I only lasted eight months here.

No raises. I talked to people that have worked here for 2+ years and they complained of not getting raises. These are nice people who work hard and have good attendance. The view of management is that people are expendable so it doesn't matter if they quit, they can rehire new reps, train them for cheap, and continue to do that until the end of time.

High attrition. This place has one of the highest turnover rates that I've ever seen. People will drop out during training. I have seen people drop out after their first day or week. People will work up until their scheduled break/lunch and not come back. You know they have no intention of coming back when they leave their badge on the table. It's tough to find people who have worked here for more than a year or two.

Little room for advancement in a small company. Most people who work here just see it as a temporary place and just view it as a job, not a career, the money they earn here is just a way for them to pay their bills and until they can find something better. You will find a lot of college students here.

Favoritism. Lots of favoritism more than you see at other companies. At many companies the managers usually will try to be fair to everyone even if they have favorites.

Lots of gossip and drama. Management doesn't make enough of an attempt to squash the company gossip queen.

Sometimes they hire questionable clients such as a client that is an MLM company.

A couple of employees had relatives die and the HR dept. asked them to bring the obituaries.

Hard to change your schedule. In the "Shared Customer Service" dept it was hard to change your schedule unless you trade with someone. Or if someone quits then you can ask management for their schedule. But basically what you accept for your schedule, then that's what will stick.

Management doesn't like doing sup calls and will rarely do them. You have to learn to stand on your own and deescalate on your own. You are on your own here 99% of the time.

Advice to Management

Give people raises. Create a culture of respect.