EOG Employee Reviews about "great benefits"
74% would recommend to a friend
(33 total reviews)
William R. Thomas
93% approve of CEO
Found 33 of over 346 reviews
Updated Nov 19, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits if you can come on as an employee and not contract" (in 28 reviews)
- "pay is good in houston" (in 27 reviews)
- "Some people are great but that’s few and far between..." (in 21 reviews)
- "Good work life balance" (in 7 reviews)
- "Ability to interact with some of the best minds in the industry, great culture fro self starters." (in 7 reviews)
- "Poor management" (in 19 reviews)
- "existent so some managers are awful to work for), strange S&E hierarchy, 'perception is reality' mentality, and often HR is absolutely useless for conflict resolution." (in 6 reviews)
- "No room for advancement really." (in 5 reviews)
- "Nepotism is very bad at this company." (in 4 reviews)
- "Not great base salary and political in certain departments." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of EOG and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Aug 22, 2020AnalystCurrent Contractor, more than 3 years
Great benefits if you can come on as an employee and not contract
As contract no benefits, no sick leave, no vacation, no bonus, no 401k..... not included in any company event and made to feel like an outcast.
- 4.0Jun 24, 2013Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsHouston, TX
Great benefits - 3 weeks vacation on the first day of work, personal days, 6 weeks of sick time, and flexible schedule
Tends to hire outside more than promoting inside. Company seems to stress hiring friends and family instead of looking at the abilities of its current employees. If you get hired, make sure you are working in your preferred position.5
- 4.0Mar 27, 2015LandmanCurrent EmployeeDenver, CO
Financially disciplined, great stock benefits, in best of positions in most basins
fairly lean, starting to become more top heavy - more middle management1
- 4.0Jun 11, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Innovative practices make EOG an industry leader Great benefits Good work/life balance Relaxed in-office atmosphere
Must work in-office, no telecommuting Interdepartmental lack of communication
- 3.0Sep 28, 2017TechCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDenver, CO
EOG is one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas companies in the United States with proved reserves in the United States, Trinidad, the United Kingdom and China. Great benefits!
Communication between upper management and employees.1
- 3.0Aug 4, 2022Accounting ClerkFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsFort Worth, TX
Some of the best reasons to work at EOG are the great salary and the benefits.
The downside to working at EOG is the culture, and lack of diversity and inclusiveness; particularly in the Fort Worth office. Minorities in supervisory and upper management roles is non-existent, both in the office and in field.
- 5.0Jan 1, 2013Accountant ClerkCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHouston, TX
Great benefits. Decentralized. Good salary. Most managers there are good managers and know what they are doing. Managers usually have been at the company for a while, not just someone off the street.
A lot of employees have been here over 20 years and do absolutely nothing. A lot are lazy. A lot of the non degreed employees here are the lazy ones and complain everyday.3
- 5.0Feb 8, 2022Engineering TechCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Great benefits, especially retirement contributions
No longer gives vacation time based on industry experience. Everyone starts at 4 weeks. It's great for younger less experienced but not for people with 30+ years2