KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

EOG

Is this your company?

EOG

Add a Review

EOG Employee Reviews about "oil and gas"

Updated Apr 21, 2021

Found 8 of over 258 reviews

3.9
EOG Chairman and CEO William R. Thomas
William R. Thomas
Pros
  • "Great HR, great benefits, good culture, safe(in 15 reviews)

• "Great company and great culture(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Non-renewable energy industries have a stigma, but EOG is focused on being as environmentally friendly as possible, setting standards in the industry(in 10 reviews)

• "Little to no career planning and development(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of EOG and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "oil and gas"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Intern

Geo Intern Review

Apr 21, 2021 - Geology Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and good pay. This is one of the best Oil and Gas Companies to work for by far.

Cons

Work locations are not ideal.

2. 5.0
      Former Contractor, more than 5 years

Good, honest company

Dec 13, 2020 - Health, Safety and Environmental Manager in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and a good work ethic

Cons

The oil and gas prices

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Tyler Division Closed - December 09, 2016

Sep 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I LOVED my job at EOG Resources, Inc. and I was good at my job and I was compensated very well for the work that I performed and I would still be working there at the Tyler Division had it not closed. I worked 6.5 years and I was vested in the company. EOG Resources, Inc. had awesome benefits, health insurance, vacation policy, sick leave, SARS, etc. All things considered, EOG Resources, Inc. was simply the best company I have ever worked for and also the worst.

Cons

Closure of the Tyler Division was a bitter pill to swallow and was totally not expected on my part. I knew the industry had not been doing well but never in my wildest dreams did I think the office would ever close. I mean, we had employees that had been working there for over 20 years. Other O&G companies had weathered the storm and I thought EOG would follow suit. Apparently I was wrong! Note to Management...Other options could have been explored and tried before ultimately closing the office. There were many cost saving opportunities that were missed and never implemented over the years. Opportunities for transfers could have been made a year in advance and a skeleton crew could have been left in Tyler since all our work is done electronically anyway without any employee losing their job. Because now here I sit almost 2 years later with over 3100 connections on LinkedIn, a bachelors degree, 9+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry, 25 years of total work history and I still can't find a job in Tyler, TX or surrounding area...not full time permanent, not temporary, not anything. I feel like there is a stigma associated with working at EOG and other companies won't even consider me for a job.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best oil and gas company

Mar 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team oriented approach, focus on results rather than politics

Cons

Ups and downs inherent to the oil and gas market

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Drilling Fluids Engineer/Consultant

Feb 12, 2016 - Drilling Fluids Engineering Consultant in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is the pioneer and leader in optimizing and developing new drilling technology including fracking. They run a tight financial ship and I expect them to be one of the survivors during this down turn in the oil and gas industry. Would happily consider returning to work with them during next upturn.

Cons

They are probably among the highest paying if not the highest paying and it is for a reason. They demand a lot (which could also be considered a pro) and one usually finishes their hitch completely exhausted.

Continue reading
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

Sep 26, 2015 - Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dedicated employees, ahead of the curve in energy sector. Great executives and upper management. Many great mentors across the company

Cons

Compensation on the lower end compare to other top notch oil and gas companies. Gives many stock compensations but takes 5 years to vest

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company to Work For!

Jan 6, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at EOG Resources for 6 1/2 years. It is, without a doubt, one of the greatest places I have ever worked. Unfortunately, while those below $2.00 at the pump gas prices are great for drivers, they are hurting the oil and gas and other support industries.

Cons

It can be difficult for a woman to get very far in this "good ol' boy" industry. However, I was ALWAYS treated with courtesy and respect by the oil men in the field.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Contractor

Software developer

Jan 22, 2019 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great people, huge potential for professional development

Cons

Oil and gas not stable environment

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews