Found 17 of over 346 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management" (in 18 reviews)
- "existent so some managers are awful to work for), strange S&E hierarchy, 'perception is reality' mentality, and often HR is absolutely useless for conflict resolution." (in 6 reviews)
- "No room for advancement really." (in 5 reviews)
- "Nepotism is very bad at this company." (in 4 reviews)
- "long hours and lots of driving" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of EOG and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Mar 7, 2019ProcurementCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The people are what make this company fantastic.
The company needs to progress with the times to allow more flexible work - life balance and the ability to work remotely would be a big step in the right direction.2
- 4.0Jun 1, 2021Senior AccountantCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsHouston, TX
Good work life balance compared to other companies.
Limited career opportunities compared to other companies.
- 4.0Apr 3, 2021Solutions AnalystCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearHouston, TX
Exciting projects, virtually no bureaucracy, great people
If you aren't very careful, the hours can get long. Have to make your own work life balance
- 3.0Apr 3, 2023Contractor - ITCurrent Contractor, more than 5 yearsHouston, TX
Innovative solutions Ease for business users
Difficult - work life balance Long hours working Wrong folks getting promoted
- 4.0Jun 11, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Innovative practices make EOG an industry leader Great benefits Good work/life balance Relaxed in-office atmosphere
Must work in-office, no telecommuting Interdepartmental lack of communication
- 5.0Jul 30, 2016Applications DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHouston, TX
- Promotes forward thinking and learning - Encourages using the latest technologies
- Work life balance can be a little hard to maintain at times2
- 5.0Feb 21, 2021Software Engineer ICurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHouston, TX
- Projects are very significant, can generate a lot of money - Job security if you're full-time - Free snacks and drinks in the HQ - Good work life balance
- Dependent on team - Contractors have less job security - Career growth opportunities are very stale
- 3.0May 5, 2020SCADAFormer Contractor, less than 1 year
Above average pay Healthy Culture Good work life balance
Lots of Contractors Little to no room for growth at the company