EPES Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Logistics Specialist"

Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Kernersville, NC
    Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Kernersville, NC

I have been working at EPES Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, benefits, and other employees. Fun place to work at. Management cares about the employees and how they feel.

Cons

Compensation is not in line with other jobs in the industry or local area. lack of promotion and growth opportunities. Lower employees are left in the dark about company changes until they happen.

Advice to Management

Take care of your current employees so that they do not leave for greener pastures. Increase wages to be in line with competitive jobs in the industry and local area. Reward employees, not assign them more work.

2. "Middle management"

Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Greensboro, NC

I worked at EPES Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere in some departments. Excellent opportunity to move beyond your abilities.

Cons

Salaries too low to attract people who are good at the positions they hold. Promoting your own is a great concept but they need to have the skills. You get what you pay for. Or you keep what you are willing to pay for.

Advice to Management

Get the skills you need to run the business. Pay them what they're worth or they'l leave.

3. "Wonderful Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at EPES Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Been with Epes for 8 years, started at an Admin level. Since then I have had the opportunity to move up 3 positions/titles. This Company invest in their people through mentoring, coaching and developing. Management pays attention to what you do and how you perform. They focus on your strengths and not your weaknesses. They coach and develop you by building on your strengths to help you succeed in your current role and/or preparing you for your next role.

Epes has a dynamic training program for New Hires in addition to ongoing coaching and development for current employees, team leads and managers. They have 2 state of the art training rooms along with very knowledgeable trainers that have been with the company for years and have worked in operations before becoming trainers ...it is so awesome when you have a trainer that has actually been in the field and can relate instead of having a trainer that is trying to teach you something that they really have never done themselves.

The Culture is awesome and fun...very family oriented organization here. They listen to their people and are continuously incorporating the needs/wants of the employees to make this an awesome workplace for us all.

Epes is my Career...not just a job!

Cons

There are none at this time!
    Would not ever want to go anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do...putting your people first will always be the success of a business! You guys have it figured out...I can definitely say that!

5. "Great Company! Like one big Family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Pros

EPES cares for their employees like no other company I have seen or heard of. They provide so many great perks to us like a gym, frequent culture events, access to personal training, and an awesome work environment. This is definitely not the cutthroat environment some businesses have. I started as an intern and have grown with the company. They definitely reward hard work and promote from within. I love my job!

Cons

Anything Epes lacks, they make up for in caring about your family and about you as a person.

6. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Pros

I've been at Epes Logistics for almost 7 years and can honestly say this is the best company I have ever worked for! Over the course of my time here I have seen the company grow by leaps and bounds. Recent upgrades to the facility (dedicated training room, gym) have really made office top notch. The company culture has been great since day one and continues to get better.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The attention to detail and care for your employees is awesome!

7. "Exciting start, but quickly fizzled out after three months."

Former Employee - Operations Intern in Hampton, GA
    Former Employee - Operations Intern in Hampton, GA

Pros

Relaxed working environment. Was able to wear casual clothes. Friendly employees to work with. Work Life balance was great. No work on Saturday or Sunday. Closed at 5pm daily.

Cons

Poor Management. No structure. Employee track plan(Career Path was none existence) was not laid out. Needed more structure. Wanted more training for personal growth. Felt like degree was not needed for job.

Advice to Management

Please make satellite locations congruent to Home office in Greensboro NC. Please have clear concise job duties and responsibilities for interns. Please get more structure and better management.

8. "Working people to death"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at EPES Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young company with lots of enthusiasm. Good as a first job. It is an opportunity to learn the Logistics business.

Cons

Never enough people to get the work done. Can't keep people. It is like a revolving door. Can't attract the right talent because salaries are too low and the hours are too long. Very old software that does not meet the needs of the employees.

Advice to Management

Pay enough to get the right people in place. Pay enough to attract talented individuals and keep them. Update the company you have. Don't just buy up the competition.

9. "Great Job"

Pros

pay scale and bonus, good benefits

Cons

management did not always do what they said they would

Advice to Management

keep your word and commutation changes

10. "Excellent orientation process and career pathing program!"

I have been working at EPES Logistics full-time

Pros

HR & management truly support and help you develop to achieve your career goals.

Cons

Very male dominated industry and organization. It takes twice as long for a woman to reach the same point as it does a man.