EQ3 Furniture and Accents Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Peter Tielmann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Easy sales job with decent furniture"

Current Employee - Design Sales Associate in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Design Sales Associate in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice furniture, Commission can be really good. Lots of down time. Must work weekends. Manager is very nice and easy to like.

Cons

Although commission can be good it is often unreachable. Manager has good communication with clients, not so great with employees.
    Benefits are HORRIBLE. Too expensive and not good coverage.

2. "Rude staff and dishonest management"

I worked at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time

Pros

Nice looking showrooms. Decent furniture at reasonable prices.

Cons

Never trained and expected to sell, not given proper tools for success, given outragous goals without the means of attaining them, managers were aloof and dishonest, staff was competative and rude! , staff and managment were not educated in the field of design or furniture, they didnt pay me 1 weeks salary for their errors, accused me of not doing my work several times when I had and then ignored my attempts to prove my acomplishments, inconsistent policies with each manager, both managers in the SF Bay area had poor taste, bad manners and bad grooming habits. Really unpleasant people.

Advice to Management

Be honest and properly train all employees. Also communicate with each other so there is at least some consistency in the workplace. Hire staff with skills sets withng the design industry and work on creating a better team environment so your employees can be cordial and pleasant to one another.

"Full time senior sales"

I worked at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good furniture, and some times perks. Team was amazing to work with.

Cons

The company sees you as what you sell, if you cannot do 30k in two weeks they will not see you as a person. This company is broken, their was a family aspect to it at one point, but now it is all corporate . No matter how hard you work they will never pay you more, and don't even think about asking for a raise. If they tell you, you can grow if you accomplish A, B, and C they are only pulling you threw the mud. The manager will take advantage of asking you to do more that what your job should be, and never thank you for the work you have done. His belief is that no feed back is good feed back and will only discipline. if you feel like doing more work for less pay, and being stressed out to make you commission then you are perfect for this job. WARNING they never keep their word on anything.

Advice to Management

Live up to your word, "Lead by example" as you always say. You need Jim back!

4. "EQ3 sales"

Pros

Management who care. A president and Vice President who listen to your concerns. Good commission structure.

Cons

Poor POS infrastructure.
    Some unavoidable shark tank mentality.
    Sub par product quality

Advice to Management

Keep tabs on the sharks killing morale. Improve product quality.

"Do not work for this company!"

Pros

-Decent products that I found very appealing

Cons

-Absolutely horrendous pay structure, terrible management.

"Retail Sales Associate"

I worked at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great, Canadian designed and manufactured product. Good mid-range pricing with low and high options. The product tends to sell itself, especially the upholstery. Management is great, solid leaders. Sounds like lots of positive changes planned for the future.

Cons

Learning curve when you first start, especially for someone who hasn't worked in furniture sales before. This position is good for quick learners and self-starters.

"Poor overall business strategy and customer service"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I always had fun in my interaction with the clients. I also loved working with some world renowned brands we had in the store.

Cons

Very poor salary structure based solely on objectives which are not adapted to the times when you are working, meaning that if you can only work on weekdays from Monday to Wednesday, you will never attain the minimums to get commissions. The EQ3 furniture brand is often of poor quality and the customer service is terrible and slow and it's the sales rep that gets all the crap from the customers. In Quebec, the company refused to adapt to the local culture. No chance of being promoted whatsoever.

8. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, nice product, great discount, some benefits.Commission plus hourly wage

Cons

Lots of head office restructuring and management changes in past year.

Advice to Management

More training and consitecy needed for retail stores.

"Hierarchical and under compensated"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I felt at the store level management was supportive. However their corporate vp's were difficult to work with. Their product design is excellent.

Cons

Their customer service at the corporate level is very poor. As a sales associate you often feel unsupported by the corporate customer service while trying to resolve issues. The company has a bad reputation for this and quality control which made me feel embarrassed to work for them.

The store was rigidly hierarchical and managers protected their turf fiercly. I did not feel like I was given all the tools necessary to properly care for the customer. I often had to ask management for permissions and passwords to do very simple things. The commission is low and the sales targets are designed so only a handful of associates will make the target each period.

Advice to Management

Most sales associates are highly skilled and underemployed.. use their skills instead of feeling threatened by them.

"Rewarding challenges, demanding workload"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I worked at EQ3 Furniture and Accents full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-All hands on deck. I was highly involved in the development of marketing strategies and implementation, which contributed to professional growth and exposure to more demanding responsibilities, compared to my peers of the same level who were working in other agencies or companies.
    -Coworkers were great to work with.
    -I felt valued by senior management and executives.

Cons

-Demanding workload eventually led to overtime and weekends, and then to burnout.