ESP Safety Reviews | Glassdoor

ESP Safety Reviews

1.3
Richard C. Brown

"This company is run with an iron Russian hand."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

The organization provides benefits and salary that are competitive and cost of living sustainable. The employees are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Cons

Communication is difficult due to language and cultural barriers. Think "Catch-22", Boris and Natasha style. Expect to work overtime without compensation.

Advice to Management

Stop berating your employees. Try to say hello and smile once in a while.

Dec 22, 2015 – Human Resources Recruiter

Our company is professional in practice and culture which is common in America. We strive to make the workplace comfortable and friendly. We encourage open dialogue and inter-departmental ... More

2. "I worked at ESP Safety, Inc."

Former Employee - Professional in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Professional in San Jose, CA

I worked at ESP Safety full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very small company with less than 15 employees, many opportunities to learn but required self-motivation. Friendly co-workers

Cons

inconsistent, non-technical and indecisive, and inexperience management, provided, opaque, and difficult for employee to build confidence. Employees received very negative or limited feedbacks from their job performance. Always afraid of expressing their thoughts from the constant threat of being fired. Yelling and disgruntling are parts of the upper management communication to their employees. High turnover due to random letting go or firing employees. Employee received no annual job performance or bonus as promised by employer. Poor benefits, PTO is ten days annually includes sick leave. Employee overworked many hours with out pay or recognition.
    The favorable posted review was mislead, and I don't think this company will never be succeed unless, they understand how to treat their employee and that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to company. success.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your employee, open communication, create a comfortable environment to build and nurture confidence in your employees. As mentioned above, employees are the pillar of your company, and the great resources that you can learn from in order to succeed and reap profit.

Dec 22, 2015 – Human Resources Recruiter

Yes, we were behind schedule in providing annual reviews, but we have long since caught up and now provide timely and comprehensive annual performance reviews. For new hires, we also provide ... More

"Antiquated management style"

Pros

Small company, lots of things to learn if you are motivated, helpful coworkers

Cons

Opaque, inconsistent, even indecisive, nontechnical management, little feedback, the constant threat of being fired, a boss who yells at people, high employee turnover because of random firings, very poor benefits, horrible time-off policy (ten days per year including sick leave), low pay. This is not the way to develop competitive technology-based products. I do not believe the favorable reviews posted. I am not disgruntled. I can tell that this company is never going to succeed by treating people the way it does.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your people, learn to respect your employees, and quit firing people without reason. People are your greatest untapped resource.

Dec 22, 2015 – Human Resources Recruiter

We provide timely performance reviews with comprehensive feedback to employees. Employees are also eligible for performance-based bonuses. Our salaries and benefits are competitive, yet we are ... More