KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ESRI (UK) Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2022

Found 35 of over 35 reviews

4.2
ESRI (UK) Managing Director Stuart Bonthrone (no image)
Stuart Bonthrone

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and would definitely recommend as an employer.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Esri (UK) has great people on the ground who are positive and willing to help get the job done.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Many genuinely nice and capable colleagues.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Some of the benefits are good and you can get the chance to attend various events in the UK/Europe and in the US.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company, with a community conscience.

Apr 25, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee-centric in all business matters, great place to learn the craft of GIS, key supplier of software and services to support customers (and non-customers)respond to Covid 19. Private company so not pandering to external shareholders which is brilliant.

Cons

A very flat organisational tree so if you are looking to rise through the ranks there are relatively few opportunities.

Talent Attraction manager

Thank you so much for your review. All vacancies are advertised internally and we are committed to the development and progression of our people. Your line manager or HR can help guide you on potential career paths

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Supportive

Aug 26, 2022 - Administrative in Aylesbury, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely friendly people who are always willing to help each other. Lovely modern head office building. Lots of perks including bonuses, medical assistance, support for mental health etc. Great culture and would definitely recommend as an employer.

Cons

Very few cons in comparison to other organisations.

Talent Attraction manager

Thank you for taking the time to add this review. We think our employees are what makes this a great place to work and will continue to look at ways additional ways we can support and reward them

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A good company

Sep 10, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- In general, people at ESRI UK are kind, welcoming, and care about the planet. - Good bonus scheme

Cons

- HR, despite claiming to be there for the employee, are not. They are the same as any other corporation. - Claim employees do not meet expectations without evidence and make a narrative that paints the company is a good light.

Talent Attraction manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry that this was not the right role for you. Esri UK are an employee focussed company and we want everyone to succeed. There are open and robust processes, including regular meetings with both your line manager and HR to ensure employees have the training they need and realistic, clearly defined goals so they understand how to be successful in their role

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Antiquated and Underpaid

Mar 27, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly colleagues, good work-life balance, technology solves real problems

Cons

Salary is far below market average, very few opportunities for career progression, lack of diversity (particularly in management roles), processes and policies are stagnant and outdated, employee questions and concerns are ignored

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Attraction manager

We are sorry you felt your experience at Esri UK was not positive in all areas, but are pleased our flexible approach to working gave you a good work-life balance . We carry out extensive yearly salary benchmarking and our salaries are favorable when also taking into consideration our extremely generous annual bonus scheme. Individual merit increases are also available for those employees whose role and performance merit it. Staff surveys are carried out and action plans and employee focus groups put in place (open to everyone) to look at any concerns and help decide on any policy changes and improvements for all our employees. Employees can also raise any issues or concerns during their regular line manager meetings. Diversity is something we continue to focus on, we have successfully recruited far more employees from diversity groups over the past couple of years and have a diversity team continually looking at more ways we can promote and increase our diversity.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent company with great prospects

Oct 21, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, people and flexibility

Cons

Location of the headquarters in Aylesbury

Talent Attraction manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. Esri UK has been based in Aylesbury for many years and with the option now for so many of our roles to be hybrid (a mixture of home and office) or largely home-based we hope that it now better suits those employees who have chosen to live further away.

6. 5.0

Great company

Oct 13, 2021 - Lead Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly company, good to work for, good benefits and career progression

Cons

I don’t believe there to be any cons

Talent Attraction manager

Thank you for your review, it means a lot to us that our people are happy at work!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good place to work

Oct 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Other of autonomy within roles

Cons

Be prepared for on site work

Talent Attraction manager

Thank you for your review and we are really pleased you enjoy working for Esri UK. Whilst we have all been able to work remotely more often , client site visits do remain a vital part of some roles and it is great that you have highlighted this for any potential applicants to note.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great culture but pay constraints

Sep 12, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Aylesbury, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really good friendly culture. Genuinely creates an environment to support a positive well being and genuinely cares about delivering customer success.

Cons

Big pay discrepancies within roles - doesn’t seem to be parity. It seems as though once you’ve joined, your initial salary limits how much you can earn at Esri UK. Merit rises are few and far between.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Attraction manager

Thank you for your feedback and it is great to see your recognition around our continued efforts to ensure employee wellbeing and customer focus. Pay across job roles does vary depending on individuals experience and responsibilities . Salaries are reviewed every year and merit increases awarded for those developing within their role.

9. 4.0

Good place to work

Jun 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and nice culture

Cons

No flexible working before pandemic. Below average Salary.

Talent Attraction manager

Thank you for your review. The total reward package for our employees is regularly reviewed and enhanced, and we believe it is competitive when the range of benefits and generous bonus paying up to 20% per annum are taken into account. Whilst employees have always been able to request flexible working, as a company that values it's employees and has taken an 'employee first' approach during the pandemic, we are pleased that we will be able to further widen the options available to our people.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for!

Feb 4, 2021 - Project Manager in Aylesbury, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great ethos, strong leadership.

Cons

Very busy at times, base salary too low.

Talent Attraction manager

Thank you for your review. We do offer a strong employee benefits package which is continuously being reviewed and improved, together with a very generous yearly bonus

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews

ESRI (UK) Reviews FAQs

ESRI (UK) has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at ESRI (UK) to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ESRI (UK) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ESRI (UK). This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

72% of ESRI (UK) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ESRI (UK) 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ESRI (UK) to be culture, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.