EVERFI Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2020

3.9
EVERFI CEO Tom Davidson
Tom Davidson
Pros
  • "Incredible mission driven organization making a real difference(in 18 reviews)

• "You will learn a TON about business and hard work/strategy(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Mission-Oriented and Fast-Paced"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Rare combination of very meaningful work while also acting like a fast paced tech company. - Fantastic co-workers who are smart and hard working but also compassionate and team oriented. - The K12 portion of the business, bringing together companies to sponsor meaningful programs for students, has tremendous growth potential. - The workplace training products are also impressive and could be a growth area.

Cons

- Rapid growth and attempts to become more profitable have pushed people past their comfort zones in the last few years. However, lots of positive change has come from this too. - A few reviews on here seem to be the most negative possible take on the company coming from a portion of upset employees.

June 10, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! EVERFI is a fast-paced work environment and we're excited to see what the future holds as we continue to scale. Please reach out to talent@everfi.com if you'd like to share more about your experience.

"Underqualified Senior Management"

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The people are 100% the reason people stay at EVERFI for as long as they do. No doubt the best employee base you will ever have the pleasure of working with. -Casual workplace with fun events that happen in the DC office

Cons

-Co-founders are too involved in make huge company changing decisions, but aren't involved enough in the day to day operations to make those decisions strategically. -CEO pretends he loves transparency, but goes about every meeting like he's leading a pep rally and just rambles or hops over any of the negative things happening in the company. -Rest of the exec team tip-toes around the co-founders and CEO afraid to stand up for anything and let's not well thought out ideas/re-orgs/promotions get put in place. -It's not uncommon to see people that work closely to the co-founders skip from manager roles to VP roles, the favoritism is INSANE and despite the millions of reviews that say that it continues to happen. -"Yes" people get significantly further here than people that openly voice their opinions and ideas. -I have a feeling the management is writing positive reviews on here after every negative one that comes in.

May 18, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. EVERFI values and appreciates all of the feedback received on Glassdoor. This year EVERFI received Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies recognition and our learning programs have won some of the most prestigious awards in education. This is due to the ingenuity and strength of hundreds of team members led by proven leaders within our organization. We'd like to hear more about your personal experience as we're always looking to improve. Please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

3. "Great place to work with a fantastic mission statement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO, good work life balance, great coworkers, positive mission. It's a great place to work where people actually care about what we're accomplishing.

Cons

Sometimes the company still tries to move like a startup which is difficult due to its size.

June 1, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! Our company culture is one that is driven by impact, ownership and teamwork. We're so proud of the work that we do and all that's to come as our organization continues to scale. If you'd like to share more about your experience, feel free to reach out to talent@everfi.com. We're always looking for ways we can continue to improve.

4. "Amazing tech education company bringing critical life skills to million of families across the globe"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President Strategic Partnerships/Marketing in Santa Rosa Beach, FL

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For 12 years EVERFI has delivered millions of hours of online content tackling the most important programs for students and adults across the globe. The environment is incredibly collegial and all of our colleagues work with our peers in multiple locations across the globe and always share the credit which makes the work environment so positive and energizing.

Cons

The energy is so high here that often times we have to remind ourselves that the work day is over. We have so many exciting things going on and we continue grow internationally so the hardest thing is just keeping up with ourselves and all of the things we want to accomplish.

June 1, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We're thrilled to hear that you feel energized by your colleagues, our company culture and our mission. If you'd like to share more about your personal experience please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

"Mission-driven, fast paced company"

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people at EVERFI are undeniably the best part about working here. They are mission-driven, passionate, driven, results oriented, and friendly. The group of people I work with have turned into solid friends and truly care about me and my future. I've been at the company nearly 8 years and absolutely love my job and I can say many of my friends at other companies cannot say the same thing.

Cons

There is still somewhat of a start-up feel, but I actually view that as a pro as well because we are able to be creative and come up with new processes and even job opportunities.

May 14, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to hear you feel connected to your colleagues and that you enjoy the mission critical work that you do. EverFi is a fast-paced collaborative environment and we couldn't be more confident or proud of the team we have in seat.

6. "Great Cause, Great People"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic people who care about the company's mission and each other

Cons

Pay is not competitive with other industries, however the work you do pays for itself

May 18, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you feel connected to your colleagues and to the mission of the organization. EVERFI offers a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries to ensure we remain an employer of choice. As always, we'll share your feedback with our leadership team but please reach out to talent@everfi.com if you'd like to share more about your experience.

7. "Great Culture and Mission"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Terrific mission to support. It feels great to be a part of the good that EVERFI does to empower and educate people through its software and events that address really tough issues. -Leadership is transparent, fair, and trustworthy. There is frequent communication of company-wide expectations, goals/progress to goals, and wins & losses. -Positive, easy-going, trusting, and supportive atmosphere. Employees are given a lot of freedom to work independently to achieve their goals, but colleagues and leadership are always ready to support through collaboration and knowledge sharing. Everyone roots for one another to succeed. My experience at EVERFI has been invaluable. In my time with the company, there has been a lot of opportunity for professional & personal development and there are constantly new business challenges to address and learn from. Sure, there are tough days like most companies, but it is just a fun and rewarding place to work overall. EVERFI is a special company that does great work and is full of awesome people.

Cons

-Unique product structure with a bit of a learning curve

May 18, 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to write a thoughtful review. It's a combination of our employees, our mission and our collaborative environment that make EVERFI such an awesome place to work. If you'd like to share more, please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

8. "Impact Driven Org Partnering With Some of the Best in Business"

4.0
    Current Employee - Strategic Partnerships

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

EVERFI is a mission driven organization that was founded to help level the education playing field by providing students and teachers of all demographics with the tools they need to address some of life's biggest challenges. EVERFI's asks it's employees to go and do. With the right mindset, hard work, and mission oriented drive any employee can thrive at EVERFI.

Cons

EVERFI partners with some of the largest organizations in the world, and is held to incredibly high standards by those partners. As a company that is still relatively small and nimble, EVERFI can be pulled in many different directions by partners and sometimes lacks the ability/willingness to drive the business forward regardless of partner input.

May 18, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As always, we'll share this with our leadership team. If you'd like to share more about your experience, please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

9. "Exceptional company and people"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-A self deprecating sense of humor throughout the whole company (don't take ourselves too seriously) -growth opportunities for top performers -great team members who work hard and have fun -people who are mission driven and care about the students we serve -You will learn a TON about business and hard work/strategy -People really care about you here -Focus on diversity and inclusion to strengthen our team -Transparent leadership team who is honest and lets team members behind the curtain

Cons

With growth comes some challenges, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. With unlimited time and budget I think our products and platform could use a facelift but thats not always in the cards at the speed I would like it. With limited time and tons of demand for new programs our product and engineering team at times feel like they are trying to stay afloat rather than innovating. they are GREAT people and great team members but if I had to list one area for improvement it would be to have more product innovation to help our end users better use our resources.

10. COVID-19

"Unreal Performance during COVID"

Current Employee - Education Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Joined the company for the mission. Been a hard balance because the company is trying to really build a good subscription software business while also tackling really hard issues -- campus rape, financial illiteracy, substance abuse. But when COVID hit us, the leadership team showed us everything. Compassion, empathy, space to deal, compassion for our kids. CEO has been really upfront about the pressure facing all of us as we deal. I see my friends going through this right now and hear nightmare stories about how they have had no compassion, no relief and a bunch of mansplaining as it relates to child care and "dealing". EverFi has been incredible during this. Credit to having women leaders who get this. Really an unbelievable chance to be a company that has so many interesting people around it, work in impact at a big scale, and do it with really talented people.

Cons

Sometimes the executive team hires folks who have no clue on mission and try to apply normal world metrics to something that is admittedly pretty complicated. Don't try to just pull from tech people, get people who really believe in the mission and that will carry down through the voices in the company.

May 12, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We realize that this is an unprecedented time for all and our employee well being continues to be one of our top priorities. We are grateful for the creativity, leadership and agility of our team as we transitioned into this remote work environment. If you'd like to share more about your personal experience, please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

Found 192 reviews