EVERFI Washington DC Reviews

Tom Davidson
  1. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can gain great experience and have the opportunity to take ownership of your position

Cons

You can wear many hats

EVERFI Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! If you'd like to chat more about your experience and how we can continue to build on internal communication, please don't hesitate to reach out to talent@everfi.com.

2. "Leader in Online Learning"

Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at EVERFI for less than a year

Pros

Growth-focused, super educational internship. Fast paced and competitive environment.

Cons

Office location in Georgetown, Washington, D.C. was pricey to get down to and park at on an intern's pay.

EVERFI Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to hear that your internship was a opportunity for you to grow and develop and we hope that you'll consider EVERFI for future opportunities. If you have any other feedback that you'd like to share, please don't hesitate to reach out to talent@everfi.com.

3. "Mission-Oriented and Fast-Paced"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Rare combination of very meaningful work while also acting like a fast paced tech company. - Fantastic co-workers who are smart and hard working but also compassionate and team oriented. - The K12 portion of the business, bringing together companies to sponsor meaningful programs for students, has tremendous growth potential. - The workplace training products are also impressive and could be a growth area.

Cons

- Rapid growth and attempts to become more profitable have pushed people past their comfort zones in the last few years. However, lots of positive change has come from this too. - A few reviews on here seem to be the most negative possible take on the company coming from a portion of upset employees.

EVERFI Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! EVERFI is a fast-paced work environment and we're excited to see what the future holds as we continue to scale. Please reach out to talent@everfi.com if you'd like to share more about your experience.

4. "Great place to work with a fantastic mission statement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO, good work life balance, great coworkers, positive mission. It's a great place to work where people actually care about what we're accomplishing.

Cons

Sometimes the company still tries to move like a startup which is difficult due to its size.

EVERFI Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! Our company culture is one that is driven by impact, ownership and teamwork. We're so proud of the work that we do and all that's to come as our organization continues to scale. If you'd like to share more about your experience, feel free to reach out to talent@everfi.com. We're always looking for ways we can continue to improve.

5. "Great Culture and Mission"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Terrific mission to support. It feels great to be a part of the good that EVERFI does to empower and educate people through its software and events that address really tough issues. -Leadership is transparent, fair, and trustworthy. There is frequent communication of company-wide expectations, goals/progress to goals, and wins & losses. -Positive, easy-going, trusting, and supportive atmosphere. Employees are given a lot of freedom to work independently to achieve their goals, but colleagues and leadership are always ready to support through collaboration and knowledge sharing. Everyone roots for one another to succeed. My experience at EVERFI has been invaluable. In my time with the company, there has been a lot of opportunity for professional & personal development and there are constantly new business challenges to address and learn from. Sure, there are tough days like most companies, but it is just a fun and rewarding place to work overall. EVERFI is a special company that does great work and is full of awesome people.

Cons

-Unique product structure with a bit of a learning curve

EVERFI Response

We appreciate you taking the time to write a thoughtful review. It's a combination of our employees, our mission and our collaborative environment that make EVERFI such an awesome place to work. If you'd like to share more, please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

6. COVID-19

"Unreal Performance during COVID"

Current Employee - Education Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Joined the company for the mission. Been a hard balance because the company is trying to really build a good subscription software business while also tackling really hard issues -- campus rape, financial illiteracy, substance abuse. But when COVID hit us, the leadership team showed us everything. Compassion, empathy, space to deal, compassion for our kids. CEO has been really upfront about the pressure facing all of us as we deal. I see my friends going through this right now and hear nightmare stories about how they have had no compassion, no relief and a bunch of mansplaining as it relates to child care and "dealing". EverFi has been incredible during this. Credit to having women leaders who get this. Really an unbelievable chance to be a company that has so many interesting people around it, work in impact at a big scale, and do it with really talented people.

Cons

Sometimes the executive team hires folks who have no clue on mission and try to apply normal world metrics to something that is admittedly pretty complicated. Don't try to just pull from tech people, get people who really believe in the mission and that will carry down through the voices in the company.

EVERFI Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We realize that this is an unprecedented time for all and our employee well being continues to be one of our top priorities. We are grateful for the creativity, leadership and agility of our team as we transitioned into this remote work environment. If you'd like to share more about your personal experience, please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

7. COVID-19

"A Tale of Two EVERFIs"

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at EVERFI full-time

Pros

If you evaluate EVERFI with your heart, it’s an exceptional company. The mission attracts kind, intelligent, and decent people who are committed to social good and cultural inclusivity. The C-Suite is caring and courageous, and has been rock-solid through COVID-19. The roster of clients, ranging from the biggest and best of the Fortune 500, to sports leagues, to individual icons — coupled with the courses they sponsor (mental wellness, financial literacy, compassion & anti-bullying...) is uplifting. EVERFI really does convene organizations and individuals from all walks of life to address major social issues with education programs that are proven to work. If that doesn’t make your heart happy, then what does?

Cons

If you evaluate EVERFI with your head, you’re gonna be scratching it a lot. The company hasn’t figured out whether it’s an aggressive scaleable SaaS business that builds tech-driven, repeatable revenue products; or a slower custom content/network convening organization that builds topic-driven educational programs and delivers them via a unique (but pretty inefficient) implementation model. If EVERFI’s a thoroughbred tech company, then it needs way more investment in product, market research, and engineering to build truly innovative tech tools (not content) aligned to validated market demand. Career growth and pathing is weak, compensation is below market across the board. Favoritism can be rough... EVERFI says metrics performance matters, but it’s being an always positive yes-person that seems to get people far.

EVERFI Response

We appreciate you taking the time to write a thoughtful and honest review. As a company grows, it must be flexible and aligned in order to achieve great things together. At EVERFI, we want all employees to feel supported and connected to the mission of the organization regardless of division or role. As always, we will take this feedback back to our leadership team. If you'd like to share more, please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

"So glad the CRO got fired"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good mission, great people work here.

Cons

The fact that the former CRO, Bobby Moran, was hired in the first place is insane. He was a terrible leader, completely removed from reality, and at our most recent SKO, begged the company to trust him. It may be difficult for the revenue team to recover.

EVERFI Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. If you'd like to discuss further, please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

9. "Great People, Great Mission"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at EVERFI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Truly an inspirational mission. -Great people from all walks of life. -Beautiful office in a good location.

Cons

-Challenges with growth (growing pains) -Turnover in leadership team

EVERFI Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our employees and our mission are at the heart of what makes EVERFI great. We are so proud of the team that we have in seat and the work that we're accomplishing and we're excited to see what the future holds as we continue to grow as an organization. We're always looking for ways to improve so if you'd like to share more about your personal experience please reach out to us at talent@everfi.com.

10. COVID-19

"Great Job navigating through difficult times!"

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at EVERFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Caring company, looking out for employees, doing what is right

Cons

figuring out how to navigate through pandemic - but with staff's best interest at heart

EVERFI Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! During this time of uncertainty, we're proud (now more than ever) to be part of such an amazing organization that remains focused on our customers and our local communities while keeping the health and safety of our employees as its top priority. During this time, we'll continue to offer support and resources across the organization (along with some things to keep us connected - think: employee led virtual workout classes, guided meditation, and FI-mily Storytime to ensure that EVERFI families have the opportunity to stay connected).

Found 65 reviews