EY Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at EY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Remote work environment, great people, great work environment, average compensation

Cons

Getting used to the global scale

2. "Good culture, need more upper management - IT advisory"

Current Employee - Associate Analyst I in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst I in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at EY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Firm provides a plethora of learning opportunities and numerous connections. You will be working with people with various experiences and backgrounds.

Cons

EY is expanding fast until 2020 and this means more hires, less individual salaries compared to the other Big4 companies. Pay and promotional in increases aren't as competitive.

Advice to Management

Hire more seniors instead of staff, make pay more competitive to retain new hires for longer periods of time

"Good enough for seconds, not thirds"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at EY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm a boomerang, an established name we have for EY employees who leave and come back.

The people here are, with few exceptions, fantastic. Smart, collaborative, helpful, kind. They, and the possibility to grow my career in the direction I wanted, are what brought me back to EY after leaving for a year.

The workplace flexibility is amazing. Not being on the client-side of things (I work in Communications), I've been 100% remote for more than two years; before that 80% remote for 1.5 years. The hours are long, but I can work them in sweatpants if desired and make time to attend school plays as long as the work gets done. That's incredible.

Do good work, work hard, and get acknowledged is the reality in my experience. The converse is true as well. But I've found that things are fair here, and that's saying a lot.

EY is headed in a very good direction overall. I've proud to work here, though with a bit of a heavy heart I'm on my way out for reasons stated in "Cons" below.

Cons

Team reductions in my immediate team and within the department are what's driving many people out, both volitionally and otherwise. Relocating work to an increasing offshore workforce has cost more than one friend their job here.

I've found, however, that I'm stuck picking up the slack, and offshore resources are inadequate to cover the jobs they've taken.

I'm finding that I'm doing less and less of what I enjoy -- less of what I was hired for, really -- because we're getting leaner and leaner.

Pay is not bad, but certainly not up to par with the industry. I've heard this is true from colleagues in other non-client-serving positions.

I do not have the career opportunities I seek here anymore. Nor, due to the lean nature of our organization, do I have the possibility to forge my own career path as senior, trusted colleagues have done and advised.

Advice to Management

Cherish your people. Yes, individually that happens. But overall appreciation on the group level is waning. Manila and Mumbai can offer cost savings, but if it's at the cost of morale and in pursuit of a dollar-driven overarching goal (which it is in my and many, many others' experience) then it's perhaps best to reconsider.

5. "Put in 3 to 5 years, then leave"

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefit package: 401K, Pension, insurance, maternity leave. EY also has the best clients in Atlanta, so it's a smoother transition when looking for another job after EY.

Cons

Compared to the other Big 4, EY likes to perform additional, unnecessary, meaningless work that was not value adding. And you wonder why you're working till 2am everynight, including weekends.

Advice to Management

The staff shouldn't be your main focus, the seniors should as they are the ones who are really driving the engagements. Yet you overlook and overwork them any change you get. You want to improve team relations, start with the seniors.

6. "Senior Auditor"

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

4 day weekends for summer holidays; paying gym membership

Cons

Long work hours; not great for people with kids

7. "Good Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EY as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good internship. I interned with the tax technology and data analytics services. I learned a lot and they were always willing to help.

Cons

The group was new so sometimes it seems like you don't really know what the group is doing. Also the work environment, you can tell, is demanding as a fulltime staff. Though as intern, you are a little pampered.

Advice to Management

It's hard to give advice to a firm that has been around for some a long time. I would say to express to their college recruits that working at a big 4 accounting firm is not all fun, free dinners, free stuff. It is work.

8. "Happy"

Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at EY (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at EY were amazing! Very accepting of interns and a relaxed and fun environment.

Cons

Despite the fact that you are asked in what industry you want to work, you do not always get assigned to it because of the supply and demand.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job in understanding interns and their special needs.It is in your merit that I had such a great time despite the long hours.

9. "Employment Tax Intern"

Former Intern - Employment Tax in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Employment Tax in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EY as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people that will help you in anyway possible. Very time flexible and lets you work from home. They have great benefits.

Cons

If you are very outgoing and like to go to clients and talk to them then this is not the right position for you. I never was able to go to a client, however had many phone conferences with them instead.

10. "Not a bad company, some politics"

Former Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

EY is not a bad company to work for. Good, well oiled tools and systems for accounting and tax works. Salaries are on the average.

Cons

Some politics to get assignements not based on abillity, but that is the case everywhere. Have to pay respects where respects are due. Location is not great.

Advice to Management

Use more clear metrics to evaluate staff and provide feedback and promote. In accounting that should not be difficult

"Positive Work Environment"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

The quality of people they hire is second to none. The hire some very savvy technology people. They plan for the future. They have well thought out processes and procedures.
    The pay was reasonable for the work.
    I would definitely work for them again.

Cons

The commute to work was horrible, but that was offset by the ability to work remotely often.

Showing 210 of 12,691 reviews