Eagle Creek Reviews in Pierre, SD | Glassdoor

5.0
Eagle Creek President, CEO & Co-Founder Ken Behrendt
Ken Behrendt
1 Rating

Pros
  • If your a person with entry level experience, than the company is willing to train you with pay (in 4 reviews)

• Give new college graduates an opportunity to get professional experience in different technologies for fortune 500 companies (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • their offices are in the middle of nowhere and that really sucks if you like living in a larger city (in 6 reviews)

• they will assume you also know Javascript and will throw you on to a in progress project with little to no ramp up time (in 3 reviews)

"Great Job and great company!"

Former Employee - Software Consultant in Pierre, SD
    Former Employee - Software Consultant in Pierre, SD

I worked at Eagle Creek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at the Pierre Project Center for close to 3 years. I thought it was a great experience. The only reason I left was because of an ill family member. I relocated to Pierre from a similar size town in Iowa so I was used to the small town feel plus they gave me money towards relocating. The training was excellent and prepared me to move into the consulting role. Its good to see a company that as a solid career path for the consultants

Cons

The only downside would be that the project centers are usually in small towns in North and South Dakota, so that could be considered a con to some people that are used to larger cities.

2. "Despite the economy we're In a growing exciting market - a real opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pierre, SD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pierre, SD

Pros

In a hot market despite what's going on in the rest of the economy. Opportunity to learn and advance skills with technologies that are used by many big companies - can pick up great knowledge and expereince that will advance the career.

Cons

Some of the projects are high priority - have to work hard somethimes to meet customer deliverables and project deadlines (what's new?). Could do with more management communication & recognition.

Advice to Management

More regular commincation - keep us in the loop. Maybe some more recognition after a tough project or some tough deadlines are met.