Eagle Creek Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Eagle Creek President, CEO & Co-Founder Ken Behrendt
Ken Behrendt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If your a person with entry level experience, than the company is willing to train you with pay (in 4 reviews)

• Strong business model, focus on lucrative areas of IT, high redeployment rates (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • their offices are in the middle of nowhere and that really sucks if you like living in a larger city (in 6 reviews)

• they will assume you also know Javascript and will throw you on to a in progress project with little to no ramp up time (in 3 reviews)

1. "Decent company"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Eagle Creek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They placed me at a very good company with nice people. My assignments was long term. There is good work life balance. If the client isn't a good fit, they have other ones that you could work it. But I was happy with the company I was at.

Cons

None that I can think of

"Danger, stay away"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant

I worked at Eagle Creek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get some experience and it's better than starving... at least some days. May get lucky and get to work with good people but it's a crap shoot.

Cons

Executive bullying, not coordinated, always trying to fix failing projects. They make you sign very oppressive work agreements where you can be terminated for anything at anytime yet are forbidden to ever say anything negative - and they have people checking for that so they can sue you.

Advice to Management

Stop driving away the talent that makes you money.

3. "Sr. Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Eagle Creek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong business model, focus on lucrative areas of IT, high redeployment rates.

Cons

Typical challenges of working within IT services: heavy competition, changing markets, fluctuations in the economy.

Advice to Management

Continue to leverage everyone to there potential.

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Consultant in Pierre, SD
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Consultant in Pierre, SD

I worked at Eagle Creek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Give new college graduates an opportunity to get professional experience in different technologies for fortune 500 companies.

Cons

Requires you to work in a remote area of the country(South & North Dakota) and various employment contractual agreements.

Advice to Management

Do what ever is required to keep consultants satisfied with their work and compensation.

"Employee"

I have been working at Eagle Creek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work with, it is a great place to get exposure to very large scale complex project. The company has been growing and it has been a blast to work in a fast paced environment that rewards you for the work you put in. Accountability rests at all levels and the management teams do a great job providing individuals with the opportunity to succeed.

Cons

If you and not a motivated individual that takes control of your own day it can be intimidating, There is not a lot of hand holding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! And keep growing the company!

"A Sinking Ship"

I worked at Eagle Creek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

>If you have little experience it is very easy to get a job, interview process is short and non technical.

>Have admin rights to your PC so you can do pretty much what ever you want.

Cons

>Unrealistic timelines for every project, they will tell the client we can do a 12 month project in 6. Make you work 55-60 hour weeks with no overtime pay.

>Management knows little about actual software development. If they give you the time of day, it is hard to explain any issues you are having with your project.

>Projects are far and few between. You will constantly hear the phrase "In the Pipeline" while working here. But that is a dry pipe, projects rarely come up and if they do end abruptly.

>You will never work on the technology you trained in or are qualified for. If you know C# they will assume you also know Javascript and will throw you on to a in progress project with little to no ramp up time.

>No communication or direction when on the bench. You will sit at your desk for weeks wondering what you should be doing or working on, with no idea if your going to be put on a project anytime soon.

>Moral is always very low in the office, everyone is either waiting to be fired or looking for another job.

>Offices are in the middle of nowhere. I would not recommend living in the dump that is Valley City, ND.

>No room for advancement. You will be stuck in the same position the whole time here, with very low pay.

>Claim to be an "Onshore Company" but will hire contractors that need sponsorship to work on projects.

Advice to Management

Keep track of your turn over rate, I'm sure its pretty high. Actually show respect to your employees while they work there, not once they have one foot out the door and you are clinging to them just to not make yourself look stupid to clients.

7. "Honest review"

Current Employee - CRM Consultant in Pierre, SD
    Current Employee - CRM Consultant in Pierre, SD

Pros

- If you are a fresh graduate this is a good entry level place to earn the experience needed to move on to a better job.
    -Very relaxed atmosphere, depending on the project you will have a fair amount of downtime daily.
    -You get what you put into it. If you want to get certifications in your downtime and they are beneficial to EC they will reimburse you for them.
    -Pay reflects actual work done. Honestly for the amount of work I do, the pay is on scale with the amount of effort I put in.
    -weekly center employee appreciation events. Cook outs, birthday celebrations, breakfasts something every Thursday.
    - Recognition, if you are the type that needs constant recognition from your peers you can get the monthly soaring eagle award and a $20 gift card. I've gotten 8 in a year.
    -has potential to jumpstart your career.

Cons

- their offices are in the middle of nowhere and that really sucks if you like living in a larger city. It's almost 4 hours to a major city.
    - starting pay is way less than the national average and it doesn't get much better.
    -Job insecurity. Project ends if you don't get on a new project or earn a certification or something you will get fired no matter how long you have been with them.
    -2 year contract for new hires. You are locked in a 2 year agreement so if you can't hack it for 2 years in South Dakota you shouldn't accept the job.
    - Next to no management direction given, I was told when I was being assigned to a project and I was given a suggestion of what to do between projects other than that the management gives no direction unless you ask,
    -Insurance sucks due to the minimum ratings for insurance thanks to the Affordable Healthcare Act the insurance really sucks.

Advice to Management

Put more effort in seeing what employee needs are.

"Shady"

Former Employee - Software Consultant in Pierre, SD
    Former Employee - Software Consultant in Pierre, SD

I worked at Eagle Creek (More than a year)

Pros

It pays US currency at least.

Cons

It doesn't pay nearly enough. Management has no idea what programming is or how to do it. Salesmen run the company into the ground on a daily basis. Their training was a scam that never happened. They think Drupal is an extension of Java ( the VP told my 'class' this).

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who knows how to run a software business, not a guy who is permanently herding cattle for fun.

"Hired as CRM Consultant"

Former Employee - Software Consultant
    Former Employee - Software Consultant

Pros

The company dress code is very relaxed. I showed up for my interview in dress pants, shirt and tie, but my immediate supervisor was wearing shorts and a flip-flops.

Cons

Never performed job that I was hired for. I was guaranteed a certain amount of training using a specific CRM software, only to not receive any CRM training and only perform QA. During the initial interview and training they make it sound like the benefits are great and the work environment can't be matched. This is far from the truth. They do not care about you as an employee, only their bottom line. I had nothing to do for weeks, but since they only hire on salaried employees, I was still required to work 50-60 hour weeks. I trained myself in some CRM, but this was only supposed to be on my own time. This job was a big waste of time that did not benefit my career what-so-ever.

Advice to Management

The management needs to be upfront with the new hires of what the job is really going to be. No recent college grad would take this job if they knew it was only for QA.

"Sr Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Eagle Creek full-time

Pros

Nothing - just get paid for showing up to the client and work hard with false expectations. Basic learning experience.

Cons

Outdated management style - no direction, no management skills, bully management with no human skills. They did well years ago but not in the last 7 years. They are out of touch with traveling employees, outdated in technology and google most of the answers to customers. False promises to employees, no bonus, no 401k matching. Don't wage your time trying to work here.

Advice to Management

Sell the company or shut it down! you will be out of business. Your business model does not work because you are outdated.