EagleView Reviews in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rishi Daga
1 Rating

"I have always been proud to work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at EagleView (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast-paced, never a dull moment place to work. A lot of the people at EagleView have been here forever and it's a very eclectic group which makes it fun. For a young company, we have accomplished a lot and there is a pride that comes with working here- cool technology, fun and friendly work environment, and not a lot of politics. We have a lot of freedom to get our jobs done without being micromanaged or having to push through a lot of red tape.

Cons

Like any young company, we have had our share of growing pains, but it is still the best place I have ever worked.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and honest with employees and respect the culture that keeps all of your best employees here and engaged.

2. "Start-up to big boy company growing pains, but mostly positive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at EagleView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, vibrant and chill culture. Company offers great perks including quarterly bonuses and will invest in your career advancement if you speak up and show a positive attitude and competency.

A mix of the "OG's" who have been with the company during it's younger years still speak of the "Good ol' days" and seem to struggle with the Vista acquirement and some of the changes brought down from that - the reality is EagleView is turning into a big boy company and that brings a lot of required restructuring and process changes.

Speaking from someone who has worked at other companies, this is the best company I have ever worked at and those who think the grass is greener somewhere else are highly mistaken - many find that out the hard way and decide to return it seems.

- Typical company benefits, health, dental, eye, life insurance, 401k
    - Free food in the kitchen, ping pong and playstation as well in the kitchen
    - Quarterly bonuses if you hit objectives
    - Offers professional development and career growth/ tuition assistance if there's a valid need.
    - Seem to try to hire within/promote within when able
    - Typical Holidays and paid time off accrual

Company has healthy growth and profit.

Cons

Nitpicking from my side;

- 401k could be better with some kind of matching
    - Health insurance is sub-standard in my opinion, I've had better options at previous companies as it seems that the current insurance is a bit high.

Advice to Management

Management could focus on seeing which departments are absolutely slammed with work and adjust hiring accordingly. Hiring seems to currently favor the departments that have a direct effect on profit or product development, which makes sense, but as the company grows so does the pressure it puts on other departments to stay on task and on top of work.

The recent moves that have been made to senior staff seem very positive and I feel they're solid changes that will create a big impact for the future.

3. "Mostly good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at EagleView full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some good smart people working here.
    Good benefits.
    Successful company.
    Work/life balance

Cons

The development organization is basically unmanaged.
    Priorities keep changing.
    Product management is almost non-existent - sales trumps everything.
    No effort to advance engineering staff professionally.
    New senior management since takeover by private equity is uninspiring - bureaucracy is taking over.

Advice to Management

Let Product Management do what they are there for.

4. "Quality Analyst"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Bothell, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Bothell, WA

I worked at EagleView as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment
    Flexible Working hours
    Growing Company

Cons

Low Pay
    In Bothell
    Skills don't particularly translate to other companies

"Great Company with Normal Organizational Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I worked at EagleView full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EagleView has done an amazing job of fostering a work hard, play hard environment and hiring a team of talented, passionate personnel. Its rapid growth has not stymied the start up mentality of innovation and customer focus. The staff truly cares about creating the right solutions for customers and industries. Inter-departmental collaboration is heavily encouraged in order to create these needed solutions, creating a welcoming work setting with people always willing to teach and assist. The product has gone far to change multi-billion dollar industries (insurance and construction) and has potential to impact numerous others.

Cons

With all fast-growth software companies comes organizational, accountability, and communication challenges. There is no formalized training or performance reviews in certain departments, which can lead to confusion over task ownership and lack of constructive feedback. However, I imagine the recent purchase of EagleView by Vista Equity Partners and the addition of a new Product Strategy department will do worlds to improve these obstacles. Compensation is based on Bothell cost of living, not Seattle COL.

Advice to Management

More formalized reviews with constructive criticism and direction.

"EagleView - fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Bothell, WA

Pros

Good total compensation package- great benefits. 2016 and they still have a co-pay medical plan. Fun company meetings, laid-back atmosphere. Free food, and a free weekly yoga class with a great instructor. We won Best Place to Work in both cities that we have offices. Team bonding- the customer service team goes out to play dodge ball or laser tag, while other teams might go out to lunch or do something else fun monthly. Lots of company growth.

Cons

No training opportunities (or at least very few), might get hit by a stray Nerf gun bullet.

Advice to Management

More training opportunities to prepare for eventual advancement. The company doesn't actual do official reviews and encourage instant feedback. I think it would be nice if you encouraged managers to chat with employees about their performance semi-yearly to ensure that these conversations are actually happening. I'd love to see us offer more internship opportunities across all departments.

"Great company with the best leadership/management I've experioenced"

Current Employee - National Sales Executive in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - National Sales Executive in Bothell, WA

Pros

Fantastic leadership, great culture, realistic quotas, tons of support, growing company

Cons

None that I can think of outside of constant change because of high level of growth. To me that's a positive, but may not suit everyone.

"Like when two eagles make sweeeeet majestic love in the sky."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at EagleView full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sarcasm, free food, free sarcasm, jokes, interesting technology, a solid core of individuals. The company has a great core of early hires that have kept the company weird and creative. Operations is a smooth running engine, the Sales team has evolved into a solid work force, and the company continues to make money ham over fist. Like some kinda really fancy ham, that your uncle prepared over the last 30 hours. Accounting and HR are what you would want out of those departments, in that I still have no idea how they work but money is good and problems are low.

Cons

Development has no real management so it's really "Who's line is it anyway?" Where the points don't matter and the odds of you getting positive or negative reinforcement is real low. Marketing is pretty non-existent. I think these are things that will get rectified at some point, but right this second working in Dev is a lot like your absent father bursting in a room, saying something weird, and then leaving for the next year.

Advice to Management

Most of the departments are so solid that there's no real advice, it really comes down to structuring the development work so that new products can be made and you can capture lightning in a bottle at least twice.

"Still loving it almost four years in!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at EagleView full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative, exciting technology. Rapid growth. Awesome, award winning environment. Great people. Free food. Fun team building events.

Cons

The pace definitely isn't for everyone. You have to be comfortable working hard and know how to navigate through the change necessitated by the company's rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep emphasizing how important the employees are.

"I would rather be unemployed than work here again."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I worked at EagleView full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits (until they started switching providers). Tuition reimbursement. Work environment laid back with jeans and t-shirt. Truck loads of junk food to keep you working (if you like that stuff). Random nerf gun fights and foosball table.

Cons

I've witnessed being lied to, bullying, backstabbing management and executives, druggy employees, underpaid and overworked, upper management protected no matter the circumstance, employees promoted to management based on seniority with no education or management/leadership skills, constantly being sued by previous employees/investors and being investigated by L&I. HR is a run by unqualified uneducated self-centered paper pushers that did nothing if issues aroused and discriminated against employees after finding out about medical conditions. The hiring process is slow and painful. Executive team didn't care about employees since they were only interested in selling the company. Don’t be fooled by the “best places to work” since all the votes were from internal employees due to HR pushing so hard. They offshore their product and their entire setup/code is a hack which constantly breaks, outage after outage, sprint after sprint. I have a hard time believing some of the positive reviews below because they sound like being written by internal people to lure new people in since all the great talent left. Avoid this place at all costs, you have been warned.

Advice to Management

My advice to Vista Equity Partners would be to do interviews on everybody and clean house from top to bottom. Find honest employees, management, and executives that also have true leadership skills. A regular random drug test would also be a good start.