Eames Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Eames Consulting Group Chief Executive Officer Guy Day
Guy Day

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Senior Management are very reflective and always looking at how they can improve their approach, this is very refreshing" (in 9 reviews)

• "Clear progression planning, market leading commission structure and support to help you to achieve more" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Extremely high turnover of staff, even for recruitment" (in 2 reviews)

• "Aggressive sales culture starting to deviate from more consultancy style environment, there is a divide growing between the old guard and new starters" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Business that focuses on growth and success"

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable culture that promotes autonomy, trust and high performance
    Strong recognition programme from commission to incentives that are achievable and fun
    Business boasts some very credible and experienced consultants and continues to hire some very impressive consultants
    Brand is well-known in core markets so easy to hit the ground running
    Lots of investment in the business from internal hiring, training and marketing

Cons

Hiring in the London business is a big focus so make sure to retain the culture and "boutique" feel of the company

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company actively seek feedback from their employees and take this onboard to continue to develop our employee proposition. We have a strong business culture and understand the importance of a positive work life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Continue to take onboard new ideas and initiatives to ensure we remain a great place to work.

Feb 17, 2019 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback.

3. "Fantastic Brand but Flawed"

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Fantastic Brand, really good people working there.

Cons

Far too many internal politics

"A business that listens to their employees"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have just recently left Eames to immigrate to Australia after spending the last 3 years at the business. They took me on as a grad, trained and promoted me up to Senior Consultant level and most importantly they helped me make a lot of money!

While every manager and his/her team are different, Eames generally operates with a comprehensive set of principles across the board making it a welcoming yet slick and professional place to work. They have an incredible client base already in place across banking and insurance, but also a great name in the industry if you want to build out a new market.

They are both proactive and reactive to our needs (the consultants) and because of this I have seen a lot of change and investment over the years in order to maintain their competitive advantage - senior leadership, commission & incentives, technology and training. While change can sometimes cause people to be unsettled, there was always good cause and the positive implications have all come to fruition in the last 6-12 months reflected in the record breaking month the business has just experienced – sadly making the decision to leave even harder.

There are hundreds of recruitment consultancies in London that lack professionalism and operate poorly, often giving a bad perception of the industry - Eames is thankfully NOT one of these organisations and I will really miss both the business and the people that work there.

I wish them all the best.

Cons

They don't have an office in Australia! Happy to help them set this up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - listening to your staff and investing in the business

5. "Great work culture & great place to learn"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Central (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Central (Hong Kong)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Work Culture
    2. Work-life balance
    3. People
    4. Good growth
    5. Great for people looking to build a career in recruitment

Cons

None that I can think of.

Oct 5, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your positive review about working at Eames in Hong Kong. I wish you success in the next part of your career.

"Choose the business you partner with carefully"

Former Employee - Partner in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Partner in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A handful of excellent SME remain but mainly on the permanent side

Cons

- Heavily KPI centric - an example would be not just the time you are on the phone but for how long
    - Politically charged environment - my experience has been it’s not who does well and drives revenue that is rewarded - it’s who is flavour of the month with the senior leadership team that is rewarded
    - Sinking ship - The contingent business especially the contract side is dying and has lost a huge number of their top billers / client engagement leads - it will be very hard to progress here
    - Capped commission - the management team are not looking for anyone to do too well here - they are not keen to reward people who drive in revenue appropriately- as it did with me they will look to remove business you have built and reduce your opportunity with the tag line from the owner being “this is my business and my platform” so tough basically!
    - Agendas - this business is not focussed on building and growth - it’s focussed on selling and with that it’s actively looking for cheap resource who they can manipulate with huge expectations on KPI and managers spending the day asking you where you could more - battery farm comes to mind

Advice to Management

Instead of asking your remaining staff to load up positive reviews wouldn’t it be easier to recognise your failings - everyone that has left has given similar feedback - surely the brand that has been built deserves better.
    I look forward to the CEO responding with his usual lack of substance :)

Oct 3, 2018 – CEO

This is the third Glassdoor review you have posted over the last couple months and, as is Glassdoor’s policy, your previous reviews and my earlier responses have been replaced by this one.

The... More

7. "Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good collaboration/cross selling between different teams
    Excellent relationships within insurance
    Good commission structure with further incentives for excellent performers

Cons

Office could do with a refurbishment but otherwise good company with some good recruiters and managers to learn from.

Sep 14, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your review. Good timing on your comments regarding the office, we are mid-way through a refurbishment in London!

"consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Ealing, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Ealing, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medium size botique company, less kpis, strong commission structures, Owner is on site and very involved

Cons

its very much set up for people who are well established and guns in there market from years exp

Sep 12, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Our legacy in the markets in which we operate mean we've got an incredible opportunity for talented recruiters to hit the ground running and... More

9. "Moving forwards"

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eames has a strong reputation and a great client base, especially within the insurance sector and gives consultants a great platform from which to succeed.

The high performers here are up there with the best in the London market and there is every opportunity for talented newcomers to bill significant figures within their first couple of years.

There's a good social culture, incentives have been tweaked to be more inclusive for all levels and there has been a big recent investment in learning & development, the CRM and a Sales Director to drive the business forwards.

The back office teams are strong & more than capable of supporting growth.

Cons

The company has been through a period of change, with high staff turnover and a number of senior people have moved on over the past couple of years as the company struggled to continue on the mid-2010's upward growth curve.

Whilst painful at the time, I believe the company is now in a better position to grow and the culture is much more positive, with management no longer having to spend a disproportionate amount of time trying to pull people who didn't want to change along.

Advice to Management

Be bold, keep chasing experienced hires from competitors (as competitors have done to us in the past couple of years), some fantastic people have joined in the past few months.

Follow through with the investment in the AC programme, training & making Eames the best possible place to work.

Aug 27, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your positive comments.

10. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Farringdon, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Farringdon, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional & supportive outfit with high achieving consultants and wealth of experience

Cons

slower on boarding and training than used to

Aug 27, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the review and your honesty. With our new Head of People and Performance in place, streamlining our on-boarding and new starter training is high on the agenda.