Eames Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Eames Consulting Group Chief Executive Officer Guy Day
Guy Day

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Values, High Performance, Rewards, Recognition, Investment"

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eames is a well balanced business, a high performance culture driven from the top down whilst also a business that knows how to have a lot of fun.

A working environment where people thrive on working hard and are rewarded well for their efforts and performance, the commission structure is excellent and the potential to earn is excellent.

Investment in a new CRM system and the internal L&D function (new training program and induction processes) shows a commitment to constantly evolving the business and providing the best tools and training for all staff to be successful.

Senior Management are very reflective and always looking at how they can improve their approach, this is very refreshing. Communication channels are always very open and I have always felt I could voice my ideas and they have been listened to.

Eames is a business with a clear vision and plan for growth and development, I have experienced first hand how highly respected they are by their clients and candidates, a strong reputation is an excellent tool for any consultant to use to their advantage, I know it has made my life a lot easier when doing business development and growing my desk!

The people at Eames are some of the best I've worked with in recruitment!

Cons

I genuinely can't really think if any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, your people trust and admire you, keep it up!

Aug 18, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review.

2. "Forward thinking and rewarding!"

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inspiring, dynamic, forward thinking company with experienced and talented people to learn from. Market leading client partnerships across all specialist areas. Excellent infrastructure and support.

Cons

No real cons. With a recent investment in our CRM, remote working is now much easier.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead and drive a rewarding and fun environment

Jul 13, 2017 – CEO

Our culture is driven from the ground up, so to read positive reviews from colleagues at director level highlights how effective the infrastructure and platform we’ve built at Eames is. Thank you for... More

"As far as Agency recruitment goes, Eames isn't the worst but could do so much better."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Farringdon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Farringdon, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Business built to have huge success in the interim insurance space. Strong relationships with top insurance companies.

Managers have some understanding and empathy for personal situations.

You can go about your work the way you want to, but only to an extent.

Monthly company update meetings and staff socials are something to look forward to.

Successes are recognised across the group.

Cons

Recently it has descended into a KPI heavy environment even though they advertise that they aren't.

Phone times are recorded and used to make you feel like you are doing a terrible job even if you are billing.

If you are working permanent roles in the banking sector then absolutely do not join as there is little to no support and no development in this area.

Clients on the banking side on both contract and permanent are very limited and no exclusive relationships built so you are constantly battling 7-8 other agencies with much larger capacity to cover the market.

Lack of leadership and direction amongst individual teams and lack of overall leadership can make you feel a bit hopeless and lose sight of your goals.

They are under a period of huge uncertainty with the future of the business. It felt like they were getting the business ready for an eventual sale.

Advice to Management

Use KPI stats to encourage and teach consultants who are consistently underperforming to help them raise their own standards instead of bashing consultants who are billing because they were on the phone 8 hours and not 10 the previous week.

Have a clear progression path for all consultants as this has been lost and can make someone feel hopeless and helpless.

Understand that the competition is high in the areas you recruit into so support and attention is needed especially for the banking teams.

Jul 25, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback and positive comments about Eames.

As a successful recruitment business it is important to focus on a number of key business performance metrics: CV sends, 1st stage... More

4. "Recruitment consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eames Consulting has a culture unlike any other recruitment firm I am aware of, giving you the flexibility to work how you want to in regards to BD and candidate attraction while providing a supportive structure. The management team are very approachable and despite being expected to bill are always on hand to help. Eames name is gold in the market and for me this has made of the biggest impacts on my time so far. All in all if Financial Services recruitment is your cup of tea then I don't think you can do better than Eames Consulting, On a fiscal point, their Basics are really competitive and I think that have one of the most simple and attractive commission structures in the industry. If you are on here trying to decide which recruitment firm to move to, contact Eames before you make any decisions.

Cons

If I had to pick something I would say that all the ingredients are there to introduce remote working but it hasn't yet become an option.

Advice to Management

I really couldn't say much more than carry on doing what you are doing.

Jul 13, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a positive review. Getting the basics right is key – we aim to ensure our team have the best support, training, commission schemes and tools to be successful... More

"Great platform for contingent recruiters"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent brand in the insurance industry with access to numerous PSL arrangements

Cons

Despite talking up collaboration there's a lack of joined up thinking across the business when it comes to client management.
    KPI driven environment

Jul 13, 2017 – CEO

Continued focus on collaboration is important to us, especially in London where we are a 85+ team spread across two floors. Recent investment in a market-leading CRM system will give us a better... More

6. "Great platform for recruiters"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

- very grown up culture that uses KPIs to guide, not drive
    - impressive PSL list with all the big names in the FS market
    - strong brand name
    - back office support unlike anywhere else I've worked, from HR to marketing
    - transparent and honest CEO
    - a lot of knowledge in the business to learn from
    - clear progression plans for every employee with attainable targets
    - big investments recently in new cloud-based CRM and website
    - reward and recognise success with some fantastic incentive days out
    - social and fun environment, colleagues at every level mix and socialise together

Cons

- communication between teams could be better as spread across two floors

Advice to Management

- change can unsettle people if they don't understand why - be more open about leavers

Jun 23, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your positive feedback and taking the time to share your thoughts. Best of luck in your future career.

"Difficult to feel valued"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good reputation amongst clients and candidates
    Regardless of the number of consultants leaving, the business has retained some of their big fee generators
    There are some exceptional people still working with the business

Cons

As the review title says it is difficult to feel valued. Demand around KPIs' expectation, feels less like a business for seasoned professionals to join, management is hard to buy into. Typically saying one thing but actions are complete opposites. Decisions are made without consequences thought through (commission changes were to be implemented but due to the negative uproar, the leadership team had to rethink their tact but unfortunately what came through was the how senior management think - not to motivate but to penalise their staff. No doubt a new ' commission structure' will be announced. There is a genuine concern around whether people feel safe (this comes from their more successful consultants) rather than those not doing so well. A true feeling across the teams of not being valued.

Advice to Management

Think through decisions, how would you want things delivered to you if you were on the receiving end. Stop hand picking advice from people who are not going to challenge your thinking, or are similar in thinking to you.

Jun 23, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am of course, disappointed to see you have left the business with a negative outlook and would like to address some of the points you have... More

"Great business in some ways but an odd culture. The owner was inspiring but oblivious to shortcomings of his seniors."

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owner's drive and focus carried the business and was inspiring!

Cons

The management team were very political and some senior billers quite lazy and hugely overpaid in relation to their billings. The owner spent all his time supporting one very senior biller with business development. It was rediculous and actually made a lot of people angry especially as this senior biller was hugely overpaid. The owner was oblivious to this error in his actions. It seemed as the business and founder were there to support this senior member of staff....very odd!!

Advice to Management

Address the conflicted values in the business.

Apr 30, 2017 – Chief Executive

Thank you for posting a review and for your positive feedback on Matthew Eames' drive and focus. I should point out however, that his support, notably efforts around business development extend... More

"Let's be honest..did I make the right move? ...YES!!"

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time

Pros

- Working with people who have actual 'financial knowledge' due to being key sector leaders in the their chosen industry for a long period of time .

- Great clients; insurance and banking, despite being small. When it comes to client interaction and retaining talent for a global business, there is great amounts of constant repeat business due to consultative service that is given to every client. Also every client is known to every individual, current and new business so there is no ownership

- Great, responsive reliable CEO. A CEO where you can speak to face to face anytime unlike other businesses where they are locked away in a office or you see once every year. This CEO creates solutions and wants you to do well even if sometimes things don't go to plan for a long period of time. You can tell he wants you to achieve the highest and be known to other senior members in a positive light and most importantly make you make money! He actions positive change and listens to opinions bad or good which shows the CEO is open minded and wants the business to be different and do well and the people who he has invested in. Very transparent, trustworthy but also sees who is 'actually working hard' compared to some industry where there's is allot of noice but no doing. I believe this business has a very knowledgable CEO , not just from a business growth prospective but financial factual market knowledge which is vital for a business like this.

- Coming from a global business and reporting to a regional director who was in the office once every 3 weeks, however at Eames I have a director who is in the office everyday. Professional and honest but someone who believes in you and will back you as sometimes this industry can get a little political which is in every company. I believe I have a leader which makes me want to do more. He also wants you to be the best in your field of industry sector. Due to his great career within financial services,he has great client relationships which helps to open doors to strengthen the growth of the sector you operate in. He helps you to grow, that is by working with you and not against you. Makes you feel part of the team, even if you are not siting next to him. Adapts to the way you work in order to get the best out of you but also fixes anything that is asked for him to do, big or small. He listens, and takes on any concerns. Any ideas you have to grow your area, he will advise, action what you want to do and give you the autonomy. He is hands-on in making you successful, that is if you ask and show passion that you want to develop in your career with actions. He never assumes but instead he asks if there is something/ up or needs clarification as assumptions can lead to many conflicts. He also tailors each individual on how they should be managed to get the best out of them which you conform to when you want to grow your own team of successfully individuals. He also makes money himself!

- Office atmosphere is great with humble characters. I.e they make money, don't close theirselves away from the employees and have great respect for others. Very professional and a respectful diverse atmosphere with fun along the way! People work together despite what team you are in.

Cons

No Cons. Just Need to hire more senior individuals in order to get the knowledgable flow going. This is what makes this business different compared to any small international business.

Too many birthdays which means too many chocolates and sweet snack in the kitchen, very tempting when someone's trying to be healthy :)

Advice to Management

Don't listen to negativity and do what you are doing becouse it's working!!

Get rid of the ones who are not wanting to do well and have no vision to be directors or mangers as that's the future for the business when it comes to growth. Some are born leaders and some are billers, which both are vital hence the ones who are lacking motivation need to be spoken to .

Mid level consultants (more than a year of industry experience) are babied too much and management needs to stop being tooo nice, as sometimes you have to be foward, in order for them to learn and see the reality on how much hard you are doing for them to succeed as certain things are served on a plate for them.

Overall business is great, positive professional atmosphere, reliable management and most importantly a knowledgable solution based CEO.

May 10, 2017 – HR Director

It is great to read such positive comments about working for Eames and your encouraging outlook for the business.

I am delighted to hear we’ve lived up to our promises on providing you with a... More

"Great company. Great people"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eames is a fantastic place to work in every aspect. During my 2 years with the business, I was given the autonomy to build and successfully manage my own desk. This was largely due to the mature approach that Eames has successfully instilled across the business. The company is guided with KPI’s but not driven by them, which is unlike a lot of other agencies of its size. With Matt Eames leading from the front from a business development perspective, it sets a great example for the rest of the company. The addition of Guy Day has brought an energising revamp, whilst managing to retain Eames’ core values. The atmosphere strikes the perfect balance of a fast paced sales floor, whilst maintaining its professional manner, and offers great opportunities for all staff.

Cons

Communication between teams could be improved to maintain better internal and external relationships.

Advice to Management

With change comes turnover - keep hiring the right people

May 8, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience working with us and your positive comments around some of the senior leadership in our business.

It’s always been and will... More