Eames Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Eames Consulting Group Chief Executive Officer Guy Day
Guy Day

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Dynamic atmosphere, great colleagues with offices in a cool area"

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company looks after employees and their career development. Definitely generous when it comes to perks.

Cons

This is recruitment so it is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

Definitely need to communicate more with staff

2. "Consultative, strong brand presence, good people in business who know their areas well"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small enough that your opinion still counts, you have a say, big enough to compete with much larger agencies
    Very consultative in approach to both candidates and clients,
    More experienced colleagues then junior - credible group of individuals in insurance/FS space
    Hand on heart absolutely love working here - feel part of the business, feel engaged and listened too
    Good rep in market means it is not hard to drive business forward
    I have circa 20 years recruitment experience and this is one of the only firms where the CEO and senior management work closely with the clients and consultants - are effectively still recruiting and helping to drive business through the door, helping to facilitate introductions and have their finger on the pulse

Cons

Communication across different business areas was definitely a concern but with most things this is down to what you as an individual are willing to do about it - over the course of 2014 have seen areas taking responsibility to step up and work in collaboration across different areas

Advice to Management

To keep sharing information, to continue to allow people opportunity to be more involved across projects and business vision

3. "Dynamic, forward thinking company with great rewards for sucess."

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Market reputation, friendly and collaborative staff, strong support from senior management, excellent opportunities to drive ones own success with a strong infrastructure base to drive this forward from.

Cons

Not a lot, companyy rewards and supports employees in their quest to achieve their financial and professional goals.

Advice to Management

Ensure there is continual collaboration between the different teams to ensure visibility to clients of different teams expertise across the market. Ensure the entrepenurial spirit of the company is maintained. This spirit and atmosphere is a key factor in driving forward my worth ethic and commitment to the organisation.

4. "Restored my faith in the Recruitment industry"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was on the cusp of leaving recruitment as an industry and going into sales when I left my last job as I had become disillusioned with poor senior Management, moving goal posts and changing targets and not having the opportunity to have a greater say in the business, but following an excellent 18months at Eames I'm delighted I stayed with it.

Here I am treated like a grown-up and empowered to make decisions influencing the growth of my desk and my business.

The business have invested in training for me which has helped in a number of areas.

Great atmosphere in the office and the companies top billers are approachable and happy to help those who ask.

Bought into senior management who are readily available to help with any issues that need escalation.

Cons

Commission changed at the start of the year which was initially a concern, but has definitely changed for the better and means I'm earning more money.

5. "Dynamic fast paced culture which rewards success."

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lucrative commission scheme.
    Culture of promoting from within.
    Experienced consultants who genuinely want to help their colleagues and grow the business.
    Strong client base which is continually growing as a business development culture is firmly routed within the organisation.
    Well known brand within the insurance market, no call is ever a completely cold call.
    Managers and Directors listen to staff concerns and questions and seek to resolve them as honestly and as quickly as possible.
    Social culture, staff of all seniorities get on well. with each other.

Cons

Cross selling of other verticals within the business when speaking with clients could be improved upon. Although this is a minor point and something that is improving steadily.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture of listening to staff and keeping them informed around internal developments.

6. "A place that encourages growth and development"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eames has a brilliant ethos of encouraging internal promotions and progression within the company.
    You are encouraged to have a voice and express any opinions you have, you are also made to feel that your ideas are listened to and appreciated.
    There is a great social balance with senior and junior staff socialising outside of work together, everyone is made to feel welcome and part of the Eames family.
    Good training programs in place for new and established staff.

Cons

There isn't much the company offers support and training to those who need it and rewards generously when people do well.

"Fantastic culture with great infrastructure to succeed with very credible individuals in their specialist areas."

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing and ambitious business at the perfect point of growth to join to have an impact. Great balance of existing relationships to leverage from plus also the room to still make an impact. Strong brand and presence in the market place to leverage from the existing client base but also will allow you to realistically compete for new business in a very competitive sector. Very collaborative in culture - not often seen at other competitors. A "grown up" culture in comparison to other consultancies that will suit those who can genuinely self manage and motivate without questions.

Cons

None that I can think of

"Fantastic Career Move"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Eames Consulting 8 months ago with just 1 years’ experience as recruitment consultant. Eames took me on knowing i wasn't the finished article and has given me the opportunity to grow and expand my knowledge whilst working alongside some of the industry top performing consultants.
    They set me targets which were achievable and didn’t get hung up on the KPI’s but focused on the bigger picture (input=output). I feel part of a team, i feel valued and my opinions (although not always right) count and I’m listened to. I love the fact that people respect Matthew Eames and want to do well not just for them but also for him. He drives a fair team culture and is always on hand to help no matter what level in the company you are.
    I don't get up on a Monday and think i have to go to work today, I get up on a Monday morning and genuinely feel excited about what this week will bring. It is great to be part of a specialist well know brand with an atmosphere that is second to none.
    The training is good, the commission structure is great, and the salaries are fair what more can you ask for.

Cons

Collaboration between Contract and Perm desk with regards to partnering up on meetings has improved in some areas but there is still a long way to go. I think its down to individual shallow mindedness rather than company culture because as a whole collaboration is very good

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing... but promote permanent team to be more collaborative

"A Business within a Business"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

After spending two successful years at Eames I decided to go it alone and set up my own recruitment business. This I did for nearly two years and had mixed bag of success and failure a great work life balance shadowed by a uncertain future and continues battle to win business with clients who had no interest in dealing with an unknown brand, not to mention the lack of infrastructure and support, it was time to call it a day.
    Eames left the door open for me to return which is an example of the type of business they are. They have a fantastic brand coupled by a support mechanism and infrastructure to enable you to grow your own business. If you are prepared to work hard and put the effort in, you will be successful, its as simple as that. The senior management are fully supportive, offering their guidance, knowledge and experience to make you prosper.

Cons

The hours are long as many potential candidates are only available after work hours to talk, The people who work late tend to be the most successful, It's a sacrifice that pays off.

"unsurpassed subject knowledge"

Current Employee - Partner and Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Partner and Director in London, England (UK)

Pros

Having worked in the Insurance Executive Search market for a number of years, Eames Consulting Group offers the best platform for success not just in London but also across our key global hubs. Its track record of growth and year-on-year profits is testament to the robust management and strategy of the organisation and its ability to attract top talent within the verticals that we operate. The company constantly innovates and evolves and is nimble enough to offer both our clients and candidates a truly flexible and informed approach to recruitment.

Cons

none that readily spring to mind