Eames Consulting Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eames Consulting Group Chief Executive Officer Guy Day
Guy Day

"No more than all other recruitment agencies..."

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Experienced people with recruitment experience

Cons

Poor training and a lot of pressure

2. "Used to be great but gone downhill over the last year or so"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice offices (except location) and some lovely people.

Cons

Senior Management. Owner too egotistical and not a people person with very little emotional IQ Management are inexperienced and overly process driven. Micro Management and control.

Advice to Management

Get a good leader who knows how to motivate and run a recruitment business. The last MD hasnt been replaced and this is a big mistake.

3. "Awful Company - stay away!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I cant think of a single pro for this company. Matthew Eames was a nice guy, the rest of senior management were appalling.

Cons

Cliques, unprofessional, family and friends are hired - it's not what you know but who you know. Definitely not a company that follows HR laws - don't expect to be treated fairly or feel valued.

Advice to Management

Follow HR laws and practices, or else you will land yourselves in hot water and stop the nepotism!

"New leadership needed"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good PSL list, responsive infrastructure due to size, autonomy, experienced senior consultants and some excellent middle management that need to be listened to! Some good tech clients and good potential for this section ;) good luck to my fellow guys here !!

Cons

Autonomy given to staff or is it lazy management? The business struggles to attract good quality hires - big headcount, low productivity.... Good question to those interviewing here. Confused company - insurance or banking or contingent or search? Very little strategy other than that defined by middle management for individual teams resulting in little cross sell and massive gaps in the business. Directors that are known to be lazy by the business but hide the truth very well from the CEO for own self preservation and keeping their position for rumoured sale as a result have lost some good individuals - strangely no one leaves positively or ever returns..... A reputation that seems to sadly be reality. Lots of leavers without explanation and poor business communication has added to the numbers which are on the increase and morale is very low. A business that will struggle to get to the next stage unless middle management are listened to and politics removed.... Limited expenses and very restricted budgets making client entertainment hard to compete In the market, the Directors enjoy spending it in the local restaurants - you can find them there.....

Advice to Management

Suggest the CEO gets closer to the business to find out what is actually going on ...... Perhaps the Directors need to go back to billing, running a desk and winning clients? It may earn some respect back from the business. I have moved somewhere smaller and the hands on approach really works and is respected.
    A business that is going through a tough time and known externally - the REC to RECs are trying to headhunt everyone, listen and act, some big changes are needed though ....

Jun 10, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. Management training is integral to our Learning & Development strategy. Our people are our most important asset and we’re committed to ensuring ... More

6. "UK business is badly broken - you must read this"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

its easy to get away with turning up late, disappearing for hours and not visibly being seen to do anything in the office. Why? Because senior management allow it -thats where they set their standards. Certain top billers are not questioned. so if you want to join a business where you can cut corners and billing 50k per year is acceptable, Eames is a business for you.

Cons

Poor management with a lack of sales drive, particularly on floor two. Generally, the Director population fill their time with internal meetings and only do deals only where they pick up work from someone who has left the business. Lack of performance management culture, until things get really bad - then and only then is action taken. Poor billings from most people, particularly the tech and change perm team apart from literally one or two people from a team of ten. That team is really broken. huge staff turnover. management don't know what to do. rather than firing consultants, start replacing directors. Change starts at the top. The market has changed and you've failed to adapt. Horrendous staff turnover, with lots of in-fighting, affairs and toxic politics - that is an absolute fact -

Advice to Management

lead by example change jobs if you dont feel you ca do your best. Lets be honest thats what a professional should do

Nov 8, 2016 – HR Director

We appreciate your feedback and comments about your time working for Eames. I agree with you that management and senior management set the standard and are responsible for managing team performance ... More

"bad management and no career progression"

Former Employee - Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission scheme was great when I was still working at Eames, but I heard they have changed it this year to 15% hold back on commission unless you meet your annual sales target, and payout 1 month later every quarter.

Cons

High attrition due to poor management. The technology manager was sacked just before he received his bonus. The old-timers are always acting friendly to gather information from everyone to feedback to management.

Advice to Management

You need to change from the top down!

Mar 31, 2017 – Chief Executive

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. I’m pleased to hear that you are positive about the Eames commission structure and it remains one of the most competitive in the Singapore ... More

8. "Horrendous Middle management"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Farringdon location is good.(rumored to move to the city soon). Some great people in director level. Office space is nice and airy.

Cons

Terrible Pay.
    Terrible Commision structure.
    Deplorable middle management.
    Staff Turnover is outrageous.
    Culture is non-existent.
    Incentives are miles behind competitors (I.e weekend trip to Paris for top annual Biller - £600,000+/year billed)
    CSR is a box ticking exercise (donate £650 to charity when you turnover £15. Mil+??)

Advice to Management

Promote managers who have the ability to manage. Not brain-dead salespeople who don't understand how to speak to people never-mind motivate/train/develop.

Solve your revolving door policy. 70% of staff here less than 12 months

Mar 16, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave some honest feedback about your time working here. Working at Eames is challenging, but is also rewarding! We regularly carry out benchmarking on both ... More

9. "Set up for experienced recruiters, poor development & training"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eames have a great brand image and are well placed within their chosen markets. The employees make it a fun place to work with a family feel

Cons

Very limited training and progression plans for junior staff with poor commission structure.

The company is better suited for experienced recruiters who can use the brand name to leverage off.

Whilst overall the staff make it a fun place to work, at times it can seem like two companies because of the two floor layout.

Advice to Management

Middle management are too young, inexperienced and more focused on their own billings than helping to develop grad / entry level hires.

Mar 16, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some honest feedback about your experience working here. We are a growing organisation and understand that there are growing pains as our business ... More

"Pros and cons"

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It can be good fun there are some lovely people. There is a good spread of clients and the reputation of the business amongst them is predominantly good.

Cons

Some behaviours amongst the consultants can be very unprofessional, more focused on their commission and deals than doing the right things by their clients or colleagues.

Advice to Management

Value other aspects of performance not just whether people hit a target.

Sep 6, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback on your experience of working at Eames. We also believe that our reputation with clients, and candidates, is strong. The focus on partnerships is at the core of our ... More

11. "Eames Consulting Group"

Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment with international colleagues who are dynamic and speciaslist in their area of specialisation

Cons

The Company is still young and they do not have international presence for job mobility.