Early Warning Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Paul W. Finch Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • As a newer member of the team, I was happy to come in and find that they place great value on work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Love the free coffee bars on all the floors with REAL creamer (nothing grosser then that powder creamer at most jobs (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Very, VERY insecure managers and c-level execs especially the CTO (in 4 reviews)

• No one seems to know what anyone else is doing and many of the employees don't even seem to know what they are doing (in 3 reviews)

"Great Company"

I have been working at Early Warning Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have just passed my 2 year anniversary with Early Warning and it has been one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. There continues to be an undercurrent of constant changing, which contributes to a quiet, but high-paced environment. It keeps me challenged and on my toes, which I love. I have always felt supported by management, and colleagues. There is a small company feel, but with big opportunities.

Cons

The constant growth and change can result in a feeling of lapsed communication. But I have noticed that this is recognized and seems to be a priority for upper management and one that is being addressed.

"Where mid-level bankers go to be in charge"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Early Warning Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent, affordable healthcare; snacks, coffee, etc.

Cons

It's a long list: C-level execs that lack C-level training; middle managers that cannot be trusted; staffers that avoid work while stabbing one another in the back. Department heads are hired even when it is clear they lack know-how. As has been send in many glass door posts: take the five-star, "awesome" reviews with a grain of salt: HR "asks" people to post positive reviews. Bottom line: Don't expect anyone to have your back. That would require a degree of decency and decent people don't stick around long at EW.

Advice to Management

Advice falls on deaf ears.

"Consider this your early warning"

Pros

The benefits, PTO, 401k match at 4%, nice building and amenities. Security is phenomenal and concierge too. Covered parking garage avail.

Cons

Management is poor, high turnover, and quite the unethical immoral behavior. They'll make you work long hours with no notice prior and if you can't, well that's not an object. Several people have indicated they went to HR and HR is of no help, management is backed and can demand long hours and whatever they please.

No training is avail and noticed a few others put this in their reviews ... best you know your job before you come. 1 week tenure is like 1 year in the real world. New hiring classes almost weekly with 10-12 people, they're growing fast and long term the setup isn't feasible.

Seemed like a great place to start from the ground up but many great folks have left and the good ones don't stick around too long. Scariest is when people don't look like their badge photos taken on day 1 just a few months later. It means they're worked so hard and stress is so high that it's impacting them drastically. Wouldn't recommend this place at all.

"Company and HR Department is a joke"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Early Warning Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and tea. Decent food trucks for lunch. That is all.

Cons

Company is owned by the big banks and so there will never be any equity or stock program for employees. They pay well below market I assume for all positions. It is chaotic and there is no direction for employees starting from their first day at the company. Management will write you up and blame you for issues you were never aware of or trained on. The executive team operates like a "Good old boy club" if you catch my drift. If you are offered an opportunity here or even an interview you should pass unless you like having your career on a treadmill going nowhere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the sub-par leadership and false hope for employee growth.

"Work for this company only if you are desperate. It is a house of cards"

I have been working at Early Warning Services full-time

Pros

Decent benefits. Company is owned by the big banks which is the only reason they are still in business.

Cons

Poor management and culture. Company has no vision and high rate of turnover. HR department has no regard for employee concerns. I have seen quite a few employees get put on notice and eventually fired for no reason other than they spoke to HR about a company problem.

Advice to Management

Clean house in regards to the more tenured employees in leadership roles. These "senior" employees are just keeping the status quo and are more interested in doing the bare minimum to make it to retirement instead of helping the company grow. They are the reason the company is being held back.

"Pretty Cool Place to Work"

I have been working at Early Warning Services full-time

Pros

Been with the company for almost a year and its been a cool experience; company is growing fast, so there are a lot of career paths and internal candidates are treated well. Love the free coffee bars on all the floors with REAL creamer (nothing grosser then that powder creamer at most jobs.) The atmosphere here is busy and we all work hard but the company takes good care of us; brings in meals if we are all working on a tough projects, gift cards to say thank you and my co-worker got some special recognition with a thank you bonus for something cool that did, which blew my mind, when does that happen. Company is doing some pretty cool tech stuff and I work around some VERY smart people, which pushes me. The company is growing like crazy, we just bought a company in San Fran and its been a bit chaotic but nothing I haven't seen before in my career. They have a great on boarding program that is well structured and they have you sit with IT and get your laptop set up on day one, my last job I had to wait a week. I met with HR a few weeks back to talk about my new hire experience with them, they apparently meet with all new hires, which was new to me, I had not had a proactive HR department before asking me how I was doing and what I needed. It was nice that the company was checking up on me and ensuring I was doing ok. I had a few questions and she followed up with me as she said she would. All in all I am happy I joined and have been able to take part in the cool new projects we are doing.

Cons

I have heard people grumble about parking but most people have reserved spots. Company is growing so quick it feels like we are growing out of our building at times.

Advice to Management

More remote work please!

"Fun and Growing North Scottsdale Tech Company"

I have been working at Early Warning Services full-time

Pros

Office location is great; beautiful North Scottsdale location and right off the 101 and Frank Loyd Wright, so perfect for anyone that commutes to this area. Lunch time there are lots of great options for eating out and enjoying some time away with co-workers. Around the corner from a lot of healthy food options and walking trails. Company encourages a healthy life style, my co-worker is part of their on site weight watchers program, talk about convenient and there is onsite Yoga, Barre classes, showers, bikes you can borrow and a running club. I am a coffee addict, so the free coffee bars on each floor is great as well as the healthy lunches the company provides if you can't get out of the office, and they just take it out of your pay (only a few bucks) so easy! Company has a concierge service, where you can order lunch from every day, they choose a new location every day and you submit your lunch order and it gets deducted from your pay among lots of other cool stuff they offer, like bags of fresh local veggies you can get. Vibe is great, it is SO fast paced and busy, you will never feel bored or that your day is long as it is growing with new locations and new things to do. There is also a breakfast food cart and lunch food truck if you're hungry and find you have too much to do. I enjoy my manager who is supportive and cool with remote work and is flexible, which was important to me as I am a new parent. If you are a parent it is great to work here, they work with you to flex your schedule so you can take care of your family and also dedicate yourself to work, great to work for a company that respects parents and their need to sometimes have to leave early or come in late or leave when their school calls. SO GREAT! That makes me want to stay and work harder. As a lead at work I have some great career opportunities and so many jobs are open if I was looking for a new role I could apply and feel supported. My lead role has had me rub elbows with HR a few times and I like their partnership mentality they have here at this company, you see them a lot and often due to this structure and its nice to have someone to bounce things off of outside of your manager esp in my lead role, where you run into things! Surprised at what I read recently about HR on this site, this is not my experience nor the prevailing thought around the company. Company also does social events to say thank you such as family events with your family and third Thursday happy hours! Monthly happy hours with beer and wine? Im in! and needed! Good place to work and I love my co-workers who always have my back. Not always the case in a tech world and it feels good.

Cons

I would like to see maternity/paternity leave as a benefit and communication could be better from the top down when something big happens at the company, I want to know and HOW it impacts me.

Advice to Management

Remember to communicate changes they hear in meetings they are in, so we know as a team how to proceed. More All-staffs would be great but in Scottsdale.

"6 Months later I'm still very happy I joined Early Warning"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Early Warning Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Salary, Concierge Services, On-site Massage, Weekly Produce Drop Off, Paid Time Off. The company is growing extremely fast creating a lot of opportunities. I worked for a fortune 50 company for over 15 years and thought I'd probably never find another company with benefits as good if not better and Early Warnings total benefits package is as good if not better.

The location is conveniently located near the 101 and Frank Lloyd Wright. Plenty of lunch options near the office. The office culture is very positive for the departments I interact with. Most of the people I work with are talented and hard working. There is a lot of excitement around the launch of Zelle. All of the company growth is creating new opportunities. As the company continues to grow I expect there to be additional opportunities across the board.

Paul Finch, the CEO is very approachable and not your typical CEO.

Cons

All of the growth is creating the expected challenges of any company doubling in size in 2 years. If you don't like a fast pace quickly changing environment this probably isn't the place for you. There are some employees that are having a hard time adjusting to the rapid change.

The company is in the Finance space so there are more than enough regulations. It's not the companies fault but more an observation of the industry and all of the government regulations you have to deal with.

Advice to Management

The systems need to evolve to support all of the company expansion. A lot of processes could be more efficient with better systems.

9. "Great environment"

I have been working at Early Warning Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a newer member of the team, I was happy to come in and find that they place great value on work life balance . There is a work place culture that fosters respect and professionalism .

There is even a company concierge that is there to help you with dry cleaning, pick up your lunches, send faxes, ship packages and so much more. It is refreshing to find a company that has that environment.

Cons

They are experiencing tremendous growth and changes. Some team members are not as on board with change as others.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on the right direction culturally .

10. "Proud to work here!"

Current Employee - Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Early Warning Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to make a career. I have worked for early warning for a few years now. Very exciting times due to growth and innovation! Aside from a few unhappy people that can't handle growth and change, my coworkers and management team are wonderful to work alongside of.

Cons

I don't really have any, minus a few unhappy people. I think you get that at any company though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Advice to Management

Like many reviewer's have said, be on the lookout for more investment in system upgrades and process