Earth Fare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No one reads this in upper management don't give a crap about you (in 31 reviews)

• Home office made decisions that didn't take into consideration how that would affect the customers and employees (in 28 reviews)

"Terribly Mismanaged"

Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Charleston, SC

I worked at Earth Fare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Honestly, at this point in the company's history, there aren't any.

Cons

They will overwork you and underpay you. Those who work hard tend to catch all the flack for those who don't.

"DONT"

I worked at Earth Fare full-time

Pros

pros to working for earth fare... ha.. even 20% discount is not worth it

Cons

took over a dept that was in horrible shape, had 8 hours of training, brought up dept sales and numbers, corp cut hours horribly, made work load absolutely unattainable, corp kept adding more job duties. In a month period of time, lost 5+ employees, worked the entire dept alone 3 days in 1 week, had no help, then got fired for not performing all job duties expected of me. this company is a joke. i emailed and called HR bc i felt like my manager was bullying me. never got a response, then again was fired. def created a very uncomfortable work environment. the men dept heads were not treated like me. i was yelled out on more than one occasion in front of my staff. worst company i have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

more hours to depts to allow for customer service and all of the programs corp decide to do on a whim.. appreciate the employees who come to work everyday and do a good job. appreciate the employees who come in on their days off to work. appreciate the employees who "man up" and run a HUGE dept alone b/c people quit due to management or no hours... if management wants respect, they should give respect.

3. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Earth Fare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy working infor this company.

Cons

Pay could be better based on the cost of living in Asheville

4. "Not too bad"

I worked at Earth Fare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people are great. The twenty percent discount is nice. Customers for the most part are very friendly.

Cons

Not enough hours, expectations too high for amount of training and hours given. It is now more of a corporate environment.

"Worst place to work"

Former Employee - Manager in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Ocala, FL

I worked at Earth Fare (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Unless you feel like going to a stressed out daycare!!

Cons

They down grade you. Yell at you and tell you they will escourt you out the door.

Advice to Management

Go learn some customer service skills!!

"Don't do it!"

Current Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Earth Fare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best co-workers I've ever had.

Cons

I can't speak for every department but prepared foods/ deli is a nightmare. Broken equipment that never gets fixed or replaced. Always understaffed, my usual duties had me running the whole front line of pizza deli juice and coffee and bakery all while trying to figure out when I suppose to have time for production and cleaning and dishes. and unless you still have time to brown nose your boss it's still not good enough no matter how hard you try. Corperate is always making decisions without consideration to the employees, sometimes you will come in for a shift and all the sudden they sent out emails saying today is a bogo day and you haven't had any time to prep. Oh and even mcdonalds pays better.

7. "I enjoyed my career there, I wish the new CEO and Corporate leaders listened and valued the opinions of management"

Former Employee - Deli Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Deli Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Earth Fare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to work in multiple departments, move your way up, good upper management and corporate assistance for most of my career.

Cons

I left after almost 7 years of employment due to new CEO (three since I worked there) and corporate leaders. They seem to care less about quality customer service and more about saving a penny here and there. I understand that's how any company grows and expands but as a former manager I was having to cut hours to 90% of my team every few weeks due to corporate pressure to "SAVE SAVE SAVE"...when people lose 5-8 hours per week on their paycheck there isn't much keeping them from leaving. In return you lose A LOT of GREAT, EXPERIENCED, CULTURED team members and get staff who are paid .50 cents less than the person they are replacing. I would rather go to Chick-Fil-A over McDonalds, and Whole Foods or Harris-Teeter over Wal-Mart or Food-LIon even if my bill was a little higher because i'm willing to pay for consistent, quality customer service. Look at how short staffed they are next time you walk through the store.

Advice to Management

None, do what you do fam!

8. "Friendly place to work"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Earth Fare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, customers, discount on groceries

Cons

Lower pay than competitors i.e. Whole Foods, Trader Joes

Advice to Management

Pay your cashiers at least $12 an hour if you want them to stick around and have good moral. Their attitude about work will directly reflect to the customer what type of business earth fare is.

9. "Assistant Meat Department manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Meat Manager in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Meat Manager in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Earth Fare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good chances for promotion also willing to hire you back after leaving before hand. All around good company and making appropriate changes to be successful for the future.

Cons

Some department managers don't deserve the paper weight titles they were given. Pay is not the best in the world.

10. "Only work here if you're starting out in the working world"

Former Employee - I Did A Lot of Things in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - I Did A Lot of Things in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Earth Fare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with.
    If you're in school and not super dependent on money, it's a good place to work.
    If you like working in retail it's a good place to work and learn from your co-workers and customers.
    Employee discount is great.
    If you have the patience and skill sets they need, you can advance in the company.

Cons

Home office made decisions that didn't take into consideration how that would affect the customers and employees.
    Home office made many changes that were made suddenly and without a lot of forethought and often times, changed back or cancelled without warning, or made miniscule changes that took up a lot of time employees didn't have.
    The store would do well in sales, but home office would have store management cut department hours.
    Many employees worked full-time by working in more than one department and some were still on government assistance.
    I wasn't on government assistance, but I was full-time and did other work outside of the store.
    I was trained in 3 areas of the store and made less than $10/hour.

Advice to Management

You should work in a store full-time for 6 months to realize how your decisions are affecting your employees and customers. I don't think you realize the impact you're making.