EarthLink Telecommunications Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Entry Level Job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pasadena, CA

I worked at EarthLink Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your tech person such as myself, this is the place you want to be.
    Flexible Schedules

Cons

Office politics DO APPLY!!
    Pay is entry level even for seasoned professionals.

Advice to Management

Reduce politics.

2. "Sales Position"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Good co-workers. Convenient location. Good pricing.

Cons

Unhappy customers. Very tough place to succeed at. Too much turnover at the management level.

Advice to Management

Decide on which direction and focus that you want your sales people to have. Improve your sales commission plan and make it easier to understand.

3. "Work at Earthlink, witness a Corporate Red Wedding."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at EarthLink Telecommunications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people who still work here are pretty great. It's like having comeradery with someone you've been through a war with. There are some knowledgable, compassionate employees who really care about their customer, and want to give things (management) the benefit of the doubt. Steady paycheck, some benefits, but those are reduced quarterly now.

Cons

Working here is like watching an episode of Game of Thrones. You don't want to get attached to anyone because you know anyone can be gone any day. It doesn't really matter how long you've been here or how good you are at your job. fifteen year veterans were let go and replaced with temp employees. People who openly lie are promoted, Human Resources is a joke and most reps quit as quickly as they started. Systems are all outdated and never work. Production would be increased by at least 100% if they had systems and programs that worked more often than they were broken. IT was eradicated and moved to India. They make terrible investment mistakes, and ever since the company went public, it has been a circle of the drain that started out slow, but is now rapidly speeding up. There is no communication between management structures and employees. The "core values" feel like something that was cut and pasted inspirational posters you would find in a doctor's waiting room. Basically, this place is a farce. I've never seen anything so close to "Office Space" in my entire life. I've worked for other companies and enjoyed myself for far less money, and far fewer benefits due to the openness, honesty, and sincerity of the company. Leaving those businesses to come here was a big mistake and will be corrected.

Advice to Management

Congratulations. You have achieved the lowest point of morale I have ever witnessed in a company, and that includes offices emptied by a recession. My advice to you is to continue doing what you're doing. Obviously it's working out well when you have people crying in their cubicles, customers calling to cancel orders due to halt in processing thanks to massive layoffs,and the main response anyone gives when you tell them "I work for Earthlink" is "...Earthlink still exists?" Fantastic, Earthlink. On the ball as far as Corporate Stereotypes. Someone's gotta keep that image alive.

"Earthlink in Arab, AL"

Current Employee - IT Operations in Arab, AL
    Current Employee - IT Operations in Arab, AL

I have been working at EarthLink Telecommunications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a low stress environment where you are allowed time to learn the job. Peers are very willing to help.

Cons

It is a little unorganized as far as communication between company departments. It seems that the company is still trying to settle in after the buy outs.

Advice to Management

Streamline communications between departments

5. "Firing everyone but the right one"

Former Employee - Account Director II in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Director II in Dallas, TX

I worked at EarthLink Telecommunications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Good Operational Support Staff

Cons

CEO fired everyone else for the job he could not do. Missing the big picture of changing from low cost commodity telephone company to a high value IP services company.

Advice to Management

Invest in your datacenters, VOIP product and help desk. These are the gems of the organization.

6. "Felt like just a number. Very cold place to work. Told everyone there jobs were safe then soon after started chopping."

Former Employee - Field Service in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Field Service in Boston, MA

I worked at EarthLink Telecommunications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I cannot think of ANY. They claim they care about there employees but that is so far from the truth.

Cons

Job is never safe no matter how good your work is. Upper management has no clue.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people actually DOING the work.

7. "My job title as Transmission Manager"

I worked at EarthLink Telecommunications full-time

Pros

Best internet service provider in Iraq.

Cons

Hard work and minimum wage

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

Pros

Results oriented teams. Positive, competitive culture. If you like fast-paced, challenging environments, you'll find your place here. Performers are valued and recognized.

Cons

Compensation is below industry average, but there are spot bonuses, awards and circle of excellence trips. Promotion opportunities are limited though...

9. "good"

Pros

great experience working with the team, great environment

Cons

Internet problems, speed issues but overall was good

Advice to Management

keep it up

10. "good company"

I worked at EarthLink Telecommunications (Less than a year)

Pros

the payscale was better than normal

Cons

the kitchen was too small