Earthjustice Reviews | Glassdoor

Earthjustice Reviews

Updated Sep 25, 2019

Found 26 reviews

4.4
Earthjustice CEO Abbie Dillen (no image)
Abbie Dillen
  1. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Attorney

I have been working at Earthjustice full-time

Pros

A place that really cares about its employees.

Cons

Hard work but worth it.

Earthjustice2019-09-26
  2. "Great organization that cares about their employees and the environment"

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Earthjustice full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff is very friendly and welcoming. They really care about the work they do and their integrity in conducting their work. There are a lot of opportunities to meet different people and do different types of projects.

Cons

I don't think there are any cons.

Earthjustice2019-09-06

"Unlike Any Other -- *Trip is no longer the head of the org"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at Earthjustice full-time

Pros

This is a remarkable company that is different than any place I have ever worked. There are so many positives to write about. Obviously, there is the fight. Nothing provides good momentum and motivation like preserving the environment ESPECIALLY in our current time period. Second, people are genuinely nice. The organization is expanding, but what is good about that is that we are hiring the best of the best which... shows the thoughtfulness behind decisions. There are attorneys that come from the best schools and professional experiences who really know their SH#T and no one talks down to you; there is a level of humility that pervades. There are so many resources available for employees to understand how things work. There are tracks for upward mobility. There is professional development. There is guidance for self-care. There is flexibility. Again, I am amazed sometimes. It could very well be that compared to many other environments, this is simply the best experience that I have had thus far. I feel fortunate.

Cons

This is actually a positive that manifests itself as a negative. This is one organization that inserts diversity, equity and inclusion into everything it does. It is a huge part of the hiring process, the onboarding and the general work experience. DEI is everywhere. There is a department soley dedicated to this. Earthjustice is an organization that recognizes the differences among us all and encourages conversation..., trial and error engagement to make things better. There are resources, forums, working groups, discussion collectives for every type of group that wants to organize. Again, I have never seen this in an organization EVER. People get to voice their opinions about perceptions (and examples) of inequality that remains, or just their own DIS-satisfaction about any and all things related to race, gender, etc. That is unheard of in most companies. It is the disatisfaction that is jarring. Many people feel that the organization is not doing enough which is mind-blowing really because I feel that there would be rude awakenings for many that leave an environment like this one for other less inclusive ones. The fact that there is a forum for you to say to the leadership that they are not doing enough is a lot in itself.

Advice to Management

Keep being mindful. Keep being strategic.

Earthjustice2019-06-21

"Truly rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Earthjustice full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fantastic benefits -Many opportunities to foster personal and professional growth -Actually feeling good about the work you do at the end of the day -Genuinely supports people bringing their full selves to work -Makes constant, regular efforts to align DEI with all initiatives

Cons

- Inconsistency or created by (overly) rapid growth - Occasional struggles to maintain work/life balance in light of the rapid growth, and initiatives

Advice to Management

- There is a need to improve manager accountability

Earthjustice2019-05-08

"Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Earthjustice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Significant focus on Diversity/Equality/Inclusion efforts. Small and growing non-profit. No one is focused on titles but rather mission focused. Opportunities for advancement. Excellent work/life balance.

Cons

Non-profit = lower salaries but still somewhat competitive

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing. Folks who work for Earthjustice seem to be mission driven above all else. Earthjustice attracts earth warriors and conscientious sorts.

Earthjustice2019-01-03
  6. "Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Staff Attorney

I have been working at Earthjustice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being an environmental lawyer, it is the best place to work.

Cons

I don't have bad things to say.

Earthjustice2018-12-12

"New Hire Feedback"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Earthjustice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best environmental law firm in the nation! The organization is doing amazing work to protect our rights to a clean and safe environment. The staff make you feel at home and get you involved in their work as soon as you start. Great work environment.

Cons

No cons discovered as of yet.

Earthjustice2018-09-17
  8. "Good organization working to be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Earthjustice full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Casual environment * Hard working employees * Great benefits * Trying hard to be more inclusive

Cons

* Growing too fast

Earthjustice2018-06-21

"New Hire Feedback"

I have been working at Earthjustice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Earthjustice has an outstanding mission and reputation and works hard to support its employees, volunteers and partners. As a new employee I have been incredibly impressed with the time and attention given to on-boarding, training and available professional development opportunities.

Cons

I believe I'm too new to comment on any cons - so far my experience has been stellar.

Earthjustice2018-05-29

"Strong Mission, Good people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Earthjustice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Passionate, smart people, really effective and impactful program work, important leader in the sector, inspiring mission, *excellent* benefits. We're growing in new and exciting ways so there's lots of opportunities for creative problem solving.

Cons

Organization is still figuring out how to be this size and growing, some growing pains as a result as our systems can lag behind our capacity to support the growth. As well-meaning a culture as we have with lots of amazing people, it's still very hierarchical. Hierarchy isn't a bad thing, but it's not as useful for efficient work patterns when you take advantage of it while pretending it isn't there.

Advice to Management

Vision and mission are super important - but don't forget that we can't get there if we don't have strong and sensible systems in place to support the operational functions of the organization. Don't dismiss the details -- invest in and support the folks who you are paying to pay attention to the details and advocate for them so that we can continue to do excellent work!

Earthjustice2018-03-28