East Baton Rouge School District Reviews | Glassdoor

East Baton Rouge School District Reviews

3.5
CEO

1. "EBRPSS is a good place to work for. Their constant change of superintendent and policies however, causes a lot of issue"

Current Employee - Teacher in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at East Baton Rouge School District full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary. Great Benefits. Good people to work with.

Cons

Difficult clientele. Requires patience of a saint. Demands a lot.

2. "A Sad and Frustrating School System ..."

Former Employee - Teacher in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at East Baton Rouge School District full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I always loved working with my students, and loved seeing them excited about learning !

Cons

Too much paperwork ... became more about completing paperwork than Teaching the children. I was a lead teacher in the system, and had to complete paperwork that other Teachers either could not, or would not complete ... and sadly it would take me out of the classroom, and my students would suffer the consequences ...

Advice to Management

Teaching is about the needs of the children ... not about more useless paperwork ... Also give the Teachers the opportunities to anonymously evaluate their own teaching peers, ( and any aides/assistants), within their own school, they know more than anyone who are the best Teachers ...and who is not attending to the needs of their students.... and then either fire the poor Teachers, or at least provide them support to improve ... It was very frustrating to see Teachers/ aides/assistants as well as Guidance, Secretaries, and most of all Principals, who didn't even try, and we would tell the administration and nothing was ever done ... I love Teaching and have continued it the Private schools.

3. "East Baton Rouge School District"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

Pros

Students and some of the parents are really great to work with. The teachers are really great and they will help you out with anything. There is quite a commroderie between the departments and it is just are really great place to work .

Cons

The pay is not very great. You are not allowed to be as creative in this district as you might be in others. At times it appears that the dress code is more important than the actual education of the student.

Advice to Management

Allow more movement for creativity in the classroom.