East Houston Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Job is great"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Houston, TX

I have been working at East Houston Regional Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the people I work with and am extremely grateful for the opportunities thy have given me. They hired me right out of my clinical's.

Cons

Not a full time job. work all hours of the day and night not a set schedule

Advice to Management

consider not everyone can make it to work when it floods due to far distances and high water, and people do get sick and need to call in on occasion.

2. "Not ideal for the ethical"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at East Houston Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a job, you get a paycheck, and experience.

Cons

Understaffed, high management turn over, under-supplied, not evidence based practices, lots of gossip and bickering.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap.

3. "Nurse Tech (CNA) could be worse"

Current Employee - Nurse Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Nurse Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at East Houston Regional Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay above minimum wage

Cons

-Too many patients to one technician (how can we provided adequate care for everone?)

-Sometimes nurses are unwilling to help with a patient that is physically unable to move, we can't do it all by ourselves. I hate bothering the nurses but when it concerns patient safety I will do what I must.

Advice to Management

Please consider getting more techs on the floor. The ratios for nurses to patients is not safe. The ratios for aids to patients is definitely not safe. You continue putting out surveys wondering what is wrong but you are not listening to us! Also, reward hard work with raises or some incentive to stay. The turnover rate is high here because other hospitals are willing to provide better working environments and higher wages.

"Great team; minimum pay"

Former Employee - Nurse Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Nurse Technician in Houston, TX

Pros

Working at this hospital was rewarding. They gave incentives (work bucks) to hard workers. Most of the nusres where willing to help.

Cons

They don't pay CNA's enough for all the physical labor this position requires. I would recommend if they paid more.

Advice to Management

If you care about you employees please pay more.

5. "radiologic tech/cath lab"

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Pensacola, FL

I worked at East Houston Regional Medical Center (More than 10 years)

Pros

All professional and caring work environment-Physicians extremely engaging and made for a pleasant environment

Cons

Would have liked a more disciplined work area

Advice to Management

Cross training in the cath lab-all employees should be active in all areas of the cath lab

"Excellent place to learn your trade"

Former Employee - Emergency Room RN in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Emergency Room RN in Houston, TX

I worked at East Houston Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the ER at East Houston because nobody wanted to give a new grad a chance. You will learn how to do more than you can imagine if you open up and learn. Self scheduling, free parking, great doctors, nurses, staff in general. Good rapport with local EMS agencies. Fantastic opportunity. You will get out what you put in.

Cons

Insurance is not great, tuition reimbursement is not great, pay is competitive. Lots of grumbling by everyone in every department but every job is that way I suppose. We all can't work for Google. Lack of accountability at times leads others to just do enough to get by.

Advice to Management

Better insurance, better reimbursement for tuition. Force accountability, raise the pay, cut the staff that consistently gets over and drags down morale. Make this a place a first choice in employment instead of a last option.

"Love the people; HCA policies are rediculous."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at East Houston Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small hospital, friendly environment. Cross-training encouraged. Good benefits.

Cons

They do not pay competitively. Policies are over-bearing.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more competitively and you won't have such high turn-over.

"this place sucks"

I have been working at East Houston Regional Medical Center full-time

Pros

free parking,dark scrubs, i cant think of anymore

Cons

lack of transporters, they do not pay time and a half on most holidays, area is ugly, they r big on productivity,cafeteria sucks

Advice to Management

pay time and a half on holidays otherwise the only people that will be working there are people that need a job desperately because they couldn't get hired anywhere else, be competitive in pay and dont worry about productivity so much as quality.