East West Independent Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
East West Independent Founder and CEO Scott Pickering
Scott Pickering

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good company with friendly atmosphere and good compensation."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at East West Independent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay with a congenial work atmosphere. These guys do a good job of teaching people how to be confident in the marketing industry. Anybody with the right attitude and work ethic can achieve success in this firm.

Cons

Work days are lengthy in time because we have to do face to face sales for a long period to achieve desired output.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Classic Pyramid Scheme"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at East West Independent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment, with fun people.

Cons

You’re there by 10 every morning, earlier on the weekends and don’t get off until 8 or 9, which would be fine if it wasn’t solely commission based. There are several other companies in a small building with dozens of employees all selling something, for example Xfinity. You travel to various Walmart’s in the Atlanta area daily & are not compensated for gas. They state you can move up quickly and tell how much you can make, but it’s almost impossible. States you would get paid weekly, but I was told I would get paid until 3 weeks of me being there, which I didn’t last that long. Seems like a place that takes advantage of recent grads & those desperate for work.

Advice to Management

Don’t mask the job with clever word play, be honest with people & allow them to decide if they want to work for your company.

"Hard work = Huge Growth"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at East West Independent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never seen so much progression, so quickly! The people here are amazing and upbeat. It's nice to be in an environment where people actually want you to succeed.

Cons

You have to be willing to be taught.

Advice to Management

A coffee bar would be awesome!

"Don't do it."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Smyrna, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Smyrna, GA

I worked at East West Independent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People were super nice. The job itself was fun. You are not going to get bored with it. It's a sales job, so if you know u can sell, it might be a good fit for you.

Cons

If a company tells you they care about you, yet they only have two toilets when they have 80-90 employees in the office, do they really care about u that much? You're told not to bring water into the training room you'll be in for hours, and they do not want you to leave the training room. It's sales, and they try to make it sound like something more than that. They offer you the opportunity to move up and be a owner in a couple of years, but only the best of the best will ever actually achieve that. You have to drive everyday to a Walmart in the Atlanta area to sell xfinity, and you do not get paid for gas. Days are long. You can easily be at work from 10-9 everyday. There are no benefits, but if you don't want to work they are fine with that. You're not paid on salary, you're paid off commission. I worked there for two weeks and even though the boss and I agreed to a base pay per week, he refused to pay me. And even though he promised he would, he never did after weeks of trying to reach him. The thing that made me quit was that the boss was super unreliable. After I got hired he said that me and him would get lunch that weekend, but he never responded back to my messages. He also said multiple times he would help train me, but then the next day would come and he never actually did. I honestly think this job preys on young college grads who really want a job, and are anxious to start making money. If u don't have to, don't come work here.

"Crew Leader"

I have been working at East West Independent full-time

Pros

Opportunity to learn and grew. Strong support system

Cons

Not recommended for people who relying on excuses. Strongly recommended for people that are self motivated and ready to learn

Advice to Management

More cohesiveness in training

"Training"

I have been working at East West Independent full-time

Pros

Never a dull moment. Your always learning something new. Great people skills gained.

Cons

There are no cons. Best job ever.

Advice to Management

Keep it up doing a great job.

"Great leadership and learning potential"

Former Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer
    Former Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer

I worked at East West Independent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with all the managers here has really increased my professional potential and taught me more than I could've learned anywhere else.

Cons

There really are none. I love it!

"Bogus"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at East West Independent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning opportunity. To show the young and inexperienced what NOT to go for in a job while on your way to a career.

Cons

NOT a real job. Scam.

Advice to Management

Cut the nonsense. These rave reviews are worded as if they are a training manual. Completely bogus. Stop scamming young, naive people. I am warning EVERYONE about this place!

"Shady pyramid scheme disguised in clever wordplay"

I worked at East West Independent full-time

Pros

You might be reading this because you saw their post on some online job board or you already applied, scored an interview and are trying to find out more about this company. If you have zero experience in the real world and have never held a job before, then go for it. If you want to work 100% commission without seeing any of that money for several weeks, go for it. If you enjoy, face to face customer acquisition which is also known as going door-to-door or stopping people on the street to get Xfinity, by all means, join to be a part of this ridiculous corporate pyramid scheme. This business is shady as all get out. All the dazzling reviews with zero cons you see are fake. Don't waste your time if you want a real job you can put on your resume.

"Steer Clear"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Marietta, GA

I worked at East West Independent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are friendly. Decent coffee.

Cons

Interviewed and was hired on as a Customer Service Representative. Turns out this position is a SALES POSITION, in which you have to turn a quote before officially becoming a "Customer Service Representative", after which you still have to be a Sales rep.

This is one of those classic false narrative companies.

Advice to Management

Stop flooding your Glassdoor page with fake reviews. It's painfully obvious.