Eastern Lift Truck Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Dan Pruitt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time

Pros

The people and culture. It is a family owned business and your voice is always heard.

Cons

Outdated computer system. Training could be better as well.

2. "Used to be a great place to work"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company van, decent pay and benefits

Cons

Management is terrible. If you are part of "the club" you can have a job here for life. Customer service has gotten terrible over the past two years. Can't trust anyone that works there.

Advice to Management

Stop humping your coworkers. Owners should find managers that do not keep the truth from them.

"Great company, but needs improvement"

Current Employee - Outside Truck Sales Representative in York, PA
    Current Employee - Outside Truck Sales Representative in York, PA

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are several outside/inside sales positions available in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and expanding territories.

If you have technical experience, sales experience, know AutoCAD or another design program it's definitely a plus.

They keep you busy if you don't have work.

If you're going to be driving around a sales territory they provide you a company car and gas card.

They also offer you the choice of a laptop and iPhone.

Depending on your experience and area you live they could have you working out of your house, out of your car, in a office nearby, and occasionally going to company meetings.

If you work hard and show that you're a loyal employee they do notice eventually.

Cons

The benefits aren't the best, but they do offer matching 401K, Long-term and Short-term disability, dental, medical, and corrective lenses.

I had 3 cavities and with their insurance I paid $500 😞. I haven't gone to the doctor yet, but I know they offer 1 free physical per year.

They don't offer any training.

I've been with the company for almost 4 years and even though I meet my goals and do great work I've never received a raise or promotion. I've spoken to management about this and they typically give me an excuse like "we'd like to see you sell more before we consider you for a raise" and I get more work with the same pay.

I make $40,000 per year salary with typically $5000 in commission.

My co-workers that have more sales experience then I do make $55,000 per year salary and between $10,000-$20,000 in commission.

Advice to Management

Most companies offer raises or promotions yearly for their employees. It shows that you're appreciated and given the opportunity to grow with the company.

When you make the same salary for almost 4 years with no raise or promotion you tend to look for better opportunities elsewhere. I will most likely stay with this company for another year so that I can quit with full 401K matching after 5 years then work for a competitor or find a new career.

If I do receive a raise or promotion I will stay with the company.

4. "Road service"

Current Employee - Big Truck Team
    Current Employee - Big Truck Team

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for great hrs great benifits family company forever growing

Cons

Must be able to work in the elements rain snow etc must be ready to go all day

5. "Sales"

Former Employee - Allied Sales Representative in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Allied Sales Representative in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Eastern Lift Truck Company (More than a year)

Pros

Great brand and resources and is a continually growing company in Central & Eastern PA.

Cons

Manager can be difficult to work for and will not own up to his own mistakes and/or lack of actions.

6. "Great Family Oriented Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ideal working hours, paid holidays.

Everyone treats you like family, all the way to the owners.

Micromanagement is almost non-existent.

Cons

Not many, but advancing is hard if you don't fully immerse yourself in the culture. Definitely seems promotions/raises are based around your ability to be a part of the family, as well as performance.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! However, as the company continues to grow, be better prepared - i.e. updated CRM tools, updated record keeping, etc.

"Account Manager"

I worked at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time

Pros

Great owners who care about their employees. Family owned. Fellow colleagues are always willing to help. Owners and Managers were the best I have ever worked for as Customer Service is their key for the companies long term success

Cons

Collection meetings are intense but necessary part of job

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Excellent Company!"

Pros

*Great Family Culture
    *Stable Company - 45 years and counting!
    *Excellent Benefits
    *Opportunity!
    *Industry Leader
    *Leadership listens to employee base

Cons

There are no Cons !

"BEST COMPANY I'VE EVER WORKED FOR!"

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time

Pros

*Best company I've ever worked for!!*
    Owners and management actually care about their employees.
    Stable company, growing company!
    So many growth opportunities company-wide
    Warm family like friendly nice environment!
    ***I WAKE UP EVERY DAY HAPPY TO GO TO WORK***

Cons

If I HAD to say something I'd say streamlining communication company-wide. A lot of the branches are somewhat de-centralized with communication sometimes...

Advice to Management

Keep being AWESOME!

"Sales"

Pros

Quick hiring process, fuel card, company car, almost immediate benefits, training, somewhat flexible work schedule, cell phone, expenses paid monthly, customers are nice to deal with.

Cons

Intense pressure on employees, high turnover of technicians, moderate turnover of staff in sales and branch personnel, unrealistic sales goals, low morale, management is not engaged with their employees, hostile work environment, no mutual respect among staff and management, good ol' boys network

Advice to Management

There is no advice to give, because the management staff will not want to listen. It would be a waste of energy.