Eastern Lift Truck Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 18 reviews

3.5
Eastern Lift Truck Company CEO Dan Pruitt
Dan Pruitt
  1. Excellent company to work for and great employees to work with.

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Arbutus, MD

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard working co-workers and very caring.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Management needs no advice they are excellent too.

2. Great Benefits, poor management

Former Employee - Mechanic in Pittsville, MD

I worked at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits is about it here

Cons

Poor management, total disregard for safety and osha. Not really welcoming unless you are a friend of a family that works there or you are family. You will not be given an equal chance.

Advice to Management

Replace management in branches to correct morale.

3. Customer Service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maple Shade, NJ

I worked at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time

Pros

Friendly, casual, team oriented workplace. You really WANT to work because you feel like YOU'RE actually making a difference (not just a number). Employer LOYALTY

Cons

Pro and a con; it is a family business. I didn't see any kind of horrible nepotism. Everyone in their positions were more than qualified. However, as a new employee, you may feel a little out of the loop. If that's the worst I can say, then I would highly recommend this company (at least in the administrative aspect).

Advice to Management

NEW TECHNOLOGY!! I am not the most computer savvy person and I certainly don't want to take away jobs. However, a little tech would make things so much more efficient and LOADS less paper.

4. Account Manager

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time

Pros

Company Car Gas Card Family Owned Company Hands off Management approach

Cons

Little/No Training or Development Way behind technology No expense account Little support from other departments Benefits outrageously expensive

Advice to Management

Focus on the people rather than the numbers all the time. Invest in the people (training, development, mentoring).

5. sales

Former Employee - Sales in York, PA

I worked at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

HR department is excellent and well organizied. I think they work under some very tough circumstances.

Cons

Where to begin? Training is non-existant. Management has no focus or organizational skills. It seems like "the good old boy network" at the York, Pa branch is alive and well.

Advice to Management

Advice to upper managent would be to conduct a thorough review of both the hiring an training processes. The company has tremendous potential.

6. Great Company!

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time

Pros

The people and culture. It is a family owned business and your voice is always heard.

Cons

Outdated computer system. Training could be better as well.

7. Used to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Company van, decent pay and benefits

Cons

Management is terrible. If you are part of "the club" you can have a job here for life. Customer service has gotten terrible over the past two years. Can't trust anyone that works there.

Advice to Management

Stop humping your coworkers. Owners should find managers that do not keep the truth from them.

Great company, but needs improvement

Current Employee - Outside Truck Sales Representative in York, PA

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

There are several outside/inside sales positions available in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and expanding territories. If you have technical experience, sales experience, know AutoCAD or another design program it's definitely a plus. They keep you busy if you don't have work. If you're going to be driving around a sales territory they provide you a company car and gas card. ...

Cons

The benefits aren't the best, but they do offer matching 401K, Long-term and Short-term disability, dental, medical, and corrective lenses. I had 3 cavities and with their insurance I paid $500 😞. I haven't gone to the doctor yet, but I know they offer 1 free physical per year. They don't offer any training. I've been with the company for almost 4 years and even though I meet my goals and do great work I've never...

Advice to Management

Most companies offer raises or promotions yearly for their employees. It shows that you're appreciated and given the opportunity to grow with the company. When you make the same salary for almost 4 years with no raise or promotion you tend to look for better opportunities elsewhere. I will most likely stay with this company for another year so that I can quit with full 401K matching after 5 years then work for a competitor...

9. Road service

Current Employee - Big Truck Team

I have been working at Eastern Lift Truck Company full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for great hrs great benifits family company forever growing

Cons

Must be able to work in the elements rain snow etc must be ready to go all day

10. Sales

Former Employee - Allied Sales Representative in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Eastern Lift Truck Company for more than 2 years

Pros

Great brand and resources and is a continually growing company in Central & Eastern PA.

Cons

Manager can be difficult to work for and will not own up to his own mistakes and/or lack of actions.

Found 18 reviews