Easterseals Reviews in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

2.9
Easterseals CEO Jim Williams
Jim Williams

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay, lots of driving and you will always be at part-time (in 27 reviews)

• There is a large lack of communication on the south team from upper management (in 26 reviews)

1. "Hours a little disappointing."

Current Employee - Behavior Interventionist in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Behavior Interventionist in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Easterseals part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility with hours and the job itself is very rewarding. Working with kids is fun and you feel like you have a purpose.

Cons

Very few hours and supervision can be lacking. It seems like it is easy for employees to get lost in the system.

Advice to Management

I definitely would say that they should try and manage cases better and give a more structured plan for treatment.

"Expanded way too quickly and quality of care has continued to sink"

Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA

I worked at Easterseals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot while working here, especially early on, because the quality of the program was high and the atmosphere was very team-oriented. When they suddenly had to bulk up staffing to fulfill a huge new contract with Kaiser, though, things began to unravel.

Cons

No sense of community. High turnover. Inadequate training - specifically hiring inexperienced Behavioral Interventionists who did not receive enough training or ongoing support and guidance. Benefits and starting pay were also cut during this time. The review process was disorganized and inaccurate, relying on feedback on the quality of my work from a supervisor who never observed me or responded to my emails or phone calls about the case we worked on together.

Advice to Management

I actually feel sorry for the management because they were clearly in over their heads and could not manage. Most of the managers I met were very dedicated to the cause, but there were simply not enough hours in the day or resources to keep the program afloat.

"Highly unorganized. Going through a growth spurt at the time of my hire."

Former Employee - Autism Behavior Interventionist in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Autism Behavior Interventionist in Oakland, CA

I worked at Easterseals part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very kind co-workers. Interventionists, most supervisors and managers were friendly and approachable.

Cons

Upper management did not keep promises regarding territory I would be working in. Low-balled regarding salary upon hire. Limited training--2 weeks less than what was promised upon hire. Lack of quality on-going training. Repetitive trainings that covered the same scenarios.

Advice to Management

Heed the requests of your employees, unless you don't want them to stay?