Eastman Kodak "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Eastman Kodak Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Internal Auditor (Millennial)"

Former Employee - Senior Internal Auditor in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Internal Auditor in Rochester, NY

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The employees at Kodak are friendly, hard working, and care about the future of the company.

- The work is challenging and presents a growth opportunity for newer employees.

- The company is forced to pay a premium for quality employees, so negotiate wisely.

Cons

- The "stable" businesses at Kodak are experiencing predictable annual declines, which the company offsets through cost cutting (i.e. layoffs) and selling off smaller parts of the business. This has been going on for decades and it will likely continue. As a result, the lack of job security may be too risky for some, but certainly not all perspective employees.

- High pressure work environment (at times), very little international travel, wages are getting less competitive relative to risk, and the company's health insurance is not very competitive either.

- No two processes are the same at Kodak and process improvement suggestions fall on deaf ears, or are met with excuses.

- The average work week was between 60 and 80 hours.

- Those who give everything are rewarded with more work.

Advice to Management

Increase senior management exposure to daily processes.

Eastman Kodak Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We really appreciate this well thought out feedback about your time at Kodak. It’s wonderful to hear that you had a really positive experience with your co-workers and found your role challenging! We... More

2. "Secuity Architect"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work life balance is very progressive

Cons

very difficult to bring in fresh and new thoughts on work environment

Advice to Management

Change management needed

Eastman Kodak Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! Kodak is driving a culture of empowerment. It is critically important that our employees feel comfortable sharing their innovative ideas. If you feel... More

"Human Resources"

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dynamic teams, learning and growth opportunities

Cons

Overall work environment/atmosphere is not inspiring given the challenges the company is facing.

"Kodak"

Former Employee - Scheduler of Labor in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Scheduler of Labor in Rochester, NY

I worked at Eastman Kodak (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great starting pay and opportunities for upward mobility. I started as a high school co-op. After my year, I was offered a position.

Cons

Job security issues gave coworkers anxiety. They always worried about job cuts. It made the work environment stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Advancement within departments would have been nice instead of finding better positions outside of the department.

"Culture needs improvement to attract young"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Webster, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Webster, NY

Pros

The company is good about giving flexibility to people in terms of working from home when needed and most employees seem loyal to Kodak

Cons

The old corporate feel and structure is still alive and well despite managements effort to address. Talent is a major issue as is work environment which borders on depressing given the lack of investment in the office space over decades.

Advice to Management

Management is seen as out of touch to the typically employee and as having a short term stint at the Company while they are hiring there 'friends' in newly created positions and paying excessive salaries for the market cap of Kodak. Pay structure seems to be formulaic so hard decisions and conversations don't have to be had.

6. "Solid crew, sad environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Rochester, NY

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Kodak I had great co-workers and was paid well especially given the low cost of living in Rochester. I found it to have a supportive environment for new employees.

Cons

The company was in disarray and was laying off people right and left making the work environment very stressful. I also found living in Rochester to be challenging, preferring bigger, more economically stable cities.

Advice to Management

Make the work environment less dismal.

7. "Very trying"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees were tops! The employees I had the privilege to work with we're absolutely terrific. Their ideas to better the company were exceptional.

Cons

Nobody listened to employees. Not only did Sr mgmt have their own agenda, the local sr. mgmt had their own agenda. Sr. mgmt positions in Roch and Dur were based on what can I get for me, how much power can I get. It was so sad to see a company basically destroyed based on the antics of senior mgmt. Lower mgmt levels lived under constant duress by having to succumb to sr mgmt desires. Say something against sr mgmt you were black balled or termed. I have never experienced such hostility in any work environment. When a mgr started finally speaking up that individual was released along with the entire support staff under the guise of company downsizing. So many good, faithful employees were impacted. Unfortunately the new company absorbed the bad eggs and they continue to fester. The new mgmt needs to go undercover and see how not only company employees are treated but even the contract workers.

Advice to Management

Speak with lower tier company and contract employees. You will have to do it anonymously or the contract workers will be terminated immediately. It is a little harder to term company employees but it will be done. Guaranteed.

8. "Low Morale and Uncertain Future"

Former Intern - Legal Department in Rochester, NY
    Former Intern - Legal Department in Rochester, NY

I worked at Eastman Kodak as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Department I worked in was very nice, senior staff were very friendly

Cons

Terrible morale due to layoffs in many other departments. Everyone was wondering "who is next?" and made for a very poor work environment
    The State Street location parking lot is unsafe

9. "Manufacturing Engineer"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large corporation with lots of different opportunities in a centralized geographic area.
    Traditionally has been on the cutting edge of technology for the industry.

Cons

Decline of traditional films has forced downsizings and closures of departments.
    Work environment has diminished due to these and anticipated future events.

Advice to Management

Value the strengths and experience of your workforce, and leverage it in existing and new opportunities.

10. "bad experience"

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good money, some great colleagues

Cons

clickey work environment, management tried but failed to improve it

Advice to Management

stop supporting school yard activities of employees, work towards inclusiveness and openess