Easton-Bell Sports Reviews | Glassdoor

Easton-Bell Sports Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2019

3.4
Easton-Bell Sports CEO 	 Terry G. Lee (no image)
Terry G. Lee

"Get what you put into it"

Former Employee - Intern in Scotts Valley, CA

I worked at Easton-Bell Sports full-time for less than a year

Pros

diverse, talented team members with good opinions challenging and engaging projects team members willing to help, but still ownership over your own projects timeline driven projects move forward and achieve results bike rides at lunch fun location

Cons

lack of direction at times

Advice to Management

would like to see more department collaboration

Easton-Bell Sports2015-01-17

"Ok Company"

Executive Assistant in Burbank, CA

I worked at Easton-Bell Sports for more than a year

Pros

Casual Culture. Creative, health conscious.

Cons

The employees tend to be arrogant and have egos.

Easton-Bell Sports2016-02-10

"Product Driven"

I have been working at Easton-Bell Sports

Pros

Strong Marketing Plans, top notch product, dominant in its industry

Cons

no room for advancement, more communication needed

Easton-Bell Sports2016-01-14

"Work hard, play hard."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Easton-Bell Sports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great working environment within the marketing and product departments. A lot of fun events and promotions plus working with athletes was great.

Cons

Other departments were very negative and small-thinking. Continued budget cuts made planning difficult.

Easton-Bell Sports2015-04-18

"A dream job in the beginning, not so much in the end."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

I worked at Easton-Bell Sports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoyed getting to know and, on occasion, work with the many great people in other departments/divisions (the "worker bees" in action sports, nearly all of the creatives and the folks in IT, in particular). As the company is now BRG Sports with a reduced brand portfolio overall (no more Easton), the company likely has a slightly smaller feel; although with the major Easton team sports... (baseball/softball/hockey) being located down in Van Nuys and the Riddell offices being in the Midwest, there was always somewhat of an "out of sight, out of mind" feel to it. In the relatively short time that I was there (~3.5 years), I personally felt like I was able to receive a "real-world MBA" and get paid well to earn it - I learned a LOT in my time with the company.

Cons

About a year after I got to the company, a handful of business executives were brought in to "change the brand culture" and try to focus the product lines of the more established divisions. Unfortunately, that strategy was completely at odds with the rapid growth plans of the division in which I worked - and the execs were resistant to considering any fundamental differences in the markets between the sport that our... division represented and the more established divisions in the company (which often led to dissension in meetings). It also felt like the HR department, from the top-down, was way less "Human-focused" than anything else.

Easton-Bell Sports2014-09-04

"BRG Sports"

Current Employee - Manager in Scotts Valley, CA

I have been working at Easton-Bell Sports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fair and respectful of the employees. Lots of potential for the brands involved and a great industry to be involved in.

Cons

Somewhat corporate for such a small business, with an old school approach. Many executives lack an understanding of the culture they are serving. Senior executives are largely not involved in details, which a void of accountability between departments.

Advice to Management

Fewer mangers that work remotely . . . you need leadership on the ground and in your offices. Rethink your entire Asia organization.

Easton-Bell Sports2014-08-04

"Good Company that went Downhill quickly"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Easton-Bell Sports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you live in the San Fernando Valley it's a good place to work. Great people. Great Products. Gym on Campus for employees. Okay company to work for but the upper management is out of touch with their resources. The company is out of date as far as modern digital presence and brand recognition goes. Our group was in charge of designing and maintaining the digital brand presence as well as other digital marketing... for all of their websites and they decided that our group was not a necessity so they laid us all off along with many other project management, digital development people. Easton-Bell Sports eventually had to sell off their brands piece by piece because they couldn't compete with their competition. Maybe they should have focused more on growing their digital brand and online digital marketing presence.

Cons

Upper Management are out of touch with their resources. Office is in a bad neighborhood. Building is out dated. Located in the very ugly San Fernando Valley so you'll have to get used to the extreme heat in the summer.

Advice to Management

Great company to work for but the upper management is out of touch with their resources. The company is out of date as far as modern digital presence and brand recognition goes. Our group was in charge of designing and maintaining the digital brand presence as well as other digital marketing for all of their websites and they decided that our group was not a necessity so they laid us all off along with many other... project management, digital development people. Easton-Bell Sports eventually had to sell off their brands piece by piece because they couldn't compete with their competition. Maybe they should have focused more on growing their digital brand and online digital marketing presence.

Easton-Bell Sports2014-06-16

"Good experience"

I worked at Easton-Bell Sports

Pros

Management interested in employee performance

Cons

Management needs to communicate plans

Easton-Bell Sports2014-05-18

"Fantastic place!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scotts Valley, CA

I worked at Easton-Bell Sports full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere Talented coworkers Fun and positive company culture Discounts on products Big parking lot Great location close to the ocean and trails

Cons

People seem to stay in the same roles there for a very long time.

Easton-Bell Sports2014-05-11
  10. "Great people, Great work, Great experience"

I worked at Easton-Bell Sports

Pros

The atmosphere encouraged creativity and hard work to accomplish team goals. Smart and experienced coworkers from top to bottom. Fun and rewarding company.

Cons

Not a very defined direction from leadership. No weekly or monthly discussion of future product plans or anything that defined where the company would like to be in 5 years and how it planned to get there.

Easton-Bell Sports2014-04-18