Eaton Reviews | Glassdoor

Eaton Chairman and CEO Craig Arnold
Craig Arnold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance manageable only if living within 5km radius (in 69 reviews)

• Entire decision making happens in US (in 27 reviews)

1. "Zero work-life balance"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Arden, NC
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Arden, NC

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people-co-workers. A real family atmosphere.

Cons

No work-life balance. 7 days a week is expected.

Advice to Management

Might as well be talking to a wall.

2. "Stay in the us make quality products"

Former Employee - Extrusion Operations in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Extrusion Operations in Aurora, OH

I worked at Eaton full-time

Pros

Good place yo work for

Cons

They are shuttimg down everywhere moving out of the us to line there pockets more

"Terrible drama filled company."

Former Employee - Material Handler in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can move up.

Cons

The management changes every other month, the door revolves more than often and you find yourself training another new employee every other day. Fights break out and you have to get out of the way of a bad situation fast, but the situation is always sweep under the rug and the drama escalates because managements way too lazy to get the bad seeds out of the plant who just come in for the drama rather than work witch causes the feuding.

Advice to Management

Clean up the drama filled employees and your plant will operate better.

"Demand Manager in Jackson, MS"

Former Employee - Demand Planning Manager in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Demand Planning Manager in Jackson, MS

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. Some managers are flexible with personal time off. Was a good company in past years but had diminished in recent years.

Cons

Young inexperienced leadership at site and Division not prepared to lead. Make impulsive decisions without thinking them through. You're only a number and not a person. Would not recommend anyone applying.

Advice to Management

Care about and treat employees with respect. Quit focusing on short term and have a long term vision and strategy.

"Crouse Hinds being run into the ground"

Former Employee - Engineering Project Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Engineering Project Manager in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None worth sharing they have ruined a good company with promoting horrible managers. If you want to judge their culture look at who they promote and who they let leave.

Cons

Eaton puts big posters on the wall telling you about their values, top leadership does the exact opposite. Leadership spends more time reviewing everything you do and micro managing your life they miss critical strategic opportunities to build the business. They are so focused on ROS they almost cheer when people choose to leave and if enough people don't leave they "restructure" the business getting rid of key personnel while keeping the management that's running the company into the ground. They have lost most of their plant managers in the Crouse Hinds division and don't have any quality engineers in the plant. Before I left they lost their lead quality manager. Despite not having anyone to run the equipment or a plan to get more people they spend money on equipment they have no plans to train anyone to run or hire a competent person to use. Manufacturing support is non existent they rely on making enough profit on one item they can send two for free to the customer and still make a profit.

Advice to Management

Maybe start adapting to EBS if you did what you say you are going to you'd be all right. Stop using the employees as a bank to line your own pockets with your bonus. If the business is in trouble you don't deserve a bonus. If you get one don't show up the next day with a brand new car.

6. "Dont bother applying right now."

Current Employee - PSO in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - PSO in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Starting pay
    -nothing
    -nothing
    -seriously there is nothing good about this place.

Cons

-Management...
    -been on mandatory OT for the past year or so..
    -management expects more and more production each month
    -terrible work environment
    Honestly everything, not only has this job cost me 2000$ in taxes, they also tend to say "its your problem not ours" the values towards you and your family are non-existent, right now on 3rd shift you have the WORST supervisor i have ever had, you cant get any help from this guy, hes always going into the restroom to look under the stall doors, hey threatens you by practically saying if you dont do this you wont get Sunday overtime anymore (or vacation whichever he chooses) guy never leaves you alone then turns around and tells everyone how bad your production is compared to the other shifts (which have far more experience and years in the company vs me.) overall i hate this place and i cant wait to get a new job. i would not recommend this place at all.

and to all who really dont understand what i am saying read every con in everyone's reviews, they are all correct, so is the pro's as far as i can tell.

Advice to Management

Quit.

"Vehicle Group Human Resources Leadership is Truly Awful"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Galesburg, MI
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Galesburg, MI

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Used be a collaborative and strong learning environment with great career outlook, but then all of the good HR employees left the company after several unwise leadership appointments.

Cons

Senior HR leader(s) don't understand how to manage people or provide coaching, but are very good at managing upward image. Focus on bringing in expat HR leaders who don't understand North America teams instead of promoting from within. Flattening of career path due to HR services implementation and reduced resources resulting in no upward mobility. Health benefits are ridiculously bad which the CHRO blames on a democratic government instead of taking accountability. Bad situation - you can certainly do better in this job market.

Advice to Management

Don't suck!

8. "assembly / test A"

Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

working there used to be great

Cons

2nd supervisor is terrible a lot of favor towards people he likes and will have you written up if you say anything against them , think twice

Advice to Management

need to respect your people instead ignoring them

"No regard for candidate's needs, supplied misinformation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Pros

Thought it was a reputable, great company

Cons

I was hired as a contract employee to work at Eaton for a leave for 90 days duration. I left another job for this great opportunity & pressured to resign right away, then told they didn't want me for another few weeks & left with no income during that time. Three days before I was to start, Eaton told them they wanted me to work 5 days, then be off for 3 weeks & then come back when the woman went out on maternity leave! I hadn't even known I'd be covering a maternity leave & I'd be without income for another 3 weeks! I'm a lower level employee with no savings and now I fear I will be homeless due to Eaton's lack of regard for my situation & not telling the agency this beforehand. We understood it to be 90 consecutive days. I am disheartened, dismayed, and cannot believe they would do this to someone.

10. "Do Not Recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of vacation time. Was able to negotiate another week upon starting.

Cons

Benefits and perks have been reduced to almost nothing. There is limited ability to move within the company due to layoffs and a huge reduction in the workforce. Benefits such as 401k matching have been reduced (after being taken away for six months), raises deferred or were not given. And there is an overall sense the company is not doing well, we are hurting and have to keep hurting our workforce in order to make it out alive.

Showing 133 of 1,767 reviews