Eaton Reviews | Glassdoor

1,599 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,599 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance manageable only if living within 5km radius (in 67 reviews)

• Entire decision making happens in US (in 27 reviews)

"Exceptional company to work for"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the few companies that appreciates their employees and values them as an asset to the company. They are well structured with very good documented processes for most everything and I've never had a poor customer visit.

Cons

Due to their conservative nature, they tend to be slow to respond to the market needs as well as timliness to market with new products. They're expectations are very high and many times unachievable with little release.

Advice to Management

Review your recognition process. Simply having one does not mean it is evenly distributed if at all. In a high stress environment, it should be recognized that the work week is 40 hours and that those that are forced to work 50 hours a week should not be considered the norm but rather an individual going above and beyond what the normal work environment should be....especially for a company promoting work-life balance.

2. "6 months with Eaton has proven to be a great move!"

I have been working at Eaton full-time

Pros

Great culture
    Competitive pay
    Structured processes
    Collaborative environment
    Smart people
    Significant employee development
    Great integration of the Cooper acquisition
    Significant focus on talent

Cons

I've not identified any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I'm proud to work at Eaton.

3. "A solid company to work for"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good people, you can trust the management staff to do the right thing. I worked at Eaton for 6 years and would go back in a second.

Cons

It's a big company with lots of parts and people. If you have unique issues with customers and suppliers it can be difficult to bust out of the many procedures used.

Advice to Management

Learn to apply Apex

"Great Culture and Atmosphere"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Moon Township, PA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Moon Township, PA

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent coworkers and managers. The most ethical company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Career paths can be vague.

Advice to Management

Offer career counseling outside of immediate manager.

5. "supervisor"

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

undermanaged and in need of restructure

"Best Company I have ever worked for."

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company is by far the most business savvy, yet employee friendly, organization I have ever worked for. They do an outstanding job of setting goals, communicating expectations, providing training and resources to get the job done, listening to employees' ideas and letting them help make changes that makes the work easier, and the pay is strong, and benefits are better than any other that I have had.

Cons

There are some areas in the organization where certain leaders seem to move up together. If you are in that "herd" you can be sure of being pulled up the chain as your buddy gets to his next job. These are good people with good skills, but it is unsettling to see the inevitable ripple effect of them following each other through the organization. It makes people who are not a part of that "chain" feel that they really don't have a chance of obtaining certain jobs. Thank goodness this is ONLY a pocket or two ... for the most part, I do feel there is real opportunity for everyone who wants to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Eaton is the best ... it's up to you to help maintain that status. Sandy, you are a brilliant leader and role model. When you retire, please help the Board understand the importance of maintaining the values that have made Eaton such a special place. Your successor needs to value "doing the right thing" as much you do and be as concerned about all segments of the business as you are. A strong leader is so important.

7. "It is an excellent Company in which a could increase and apply my knowledge as a proffesional."

Former Employee - Buyer in Arecibo, PR
    Former Employee - Buyer in Arecibo, PR

I worked at Eaton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I found this position a great opportunity for my professional growth.

Cons

Everything is great but we need to be prepared to work under pressure.

"Development programs are very good"

Current Employee - Development Program Participant (Entry-level) in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Eaton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started my career with Eaton in one of their development programs, which are 2-3 year rotational programs for which you spend one year at a time working in a particular job before moving to another city and a different job. The idea is to introduce you to the business while you develop a range of job skills and experiences. I've so far been very happy with how I've been treated and compensated. Eaton seems to place of a lot of emphasis on making sure development program participants are happy and interested in their jobs. Most people at my large office work normal hours, which suggests good work-life balance to me.

Cons

The industries Eaton is in aren't very interesting, the company culture isn't fast-paced, and a lot of their plant locations are in the middle of nowhere. Packing up and moving every year for 2-3 years can be a little difficult.

Advice to Management

Upper managers I have worked with seem to have much worse work-life balance, which is a concern to me if I stay with the company. I work around 40 hours a week and am fine with that, but I would be unhappy to work the kind of hours some of the upper managers in my division work. That might be a generational thing, to think higher compensation and greater authority is worth working 60+ hours a week, but it wouldn't be worth it to me.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work is challenging, you need to be resilient and ready for set backs but it is rewarding. I am really satisfied with work and my colleagues. The company still has pension and benefits are good.

Cons

Pay could be better. Long term plans need to be communicated better

Advice to Management

keep doing the good work. Communicate more than safety and plan longer term and communicate it

10. "excellent"

I worked at Eaton full-time

Pros

company is very ethic company

Cons

I do not have any cons for the company

Showing 1,599 of 1,735 reviews