Eaton Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,769 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Benefits lacking, need more work / life balance (in 78 reviews)

• Eaton is a large company that has a clear goal of making shareholders money (in 29 reviews)

"Workers are poorly treated"

Current Employee - Lab Tech and Assembler in Arden, NC
    Current Employee - Lab Tech and Assembler in Arden, NC

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay mostly but the benefits as a whole aren't bad, safety is treated as important but mismanaged until it becomes tedious BS

Cons

No advancement, managers play favorites, rules are unevenly enforced, office employees treated well but manufacturing employees are treated like property, poor Leadership and overall clueless management, They will change your job title responsibilities or pay without any notice, Safety is tactics are for show, Mandatory overtime is essential to their business plan be prepared to work 10 hr days 7 days a week, Workers are treated like children, No Training you are expected to just understand how they do stuff without any real instruction

Advice to Management

Enforce the rules equally, Treat employees with respect, Hire more people and open more shifts so you don't have to force people to work 60+ hour weeks, Train your employees, EMPLOYEES ARE NOT PROPERTY, fair advancement and job placement, if you hire someone for a job then need to change them to another job you should give them choices and give them time to consider them not force them where you want them even when they turned that job down

2. "Not what i thought it was gonna be!"

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Yes it pays good, yes benefits are awesome, yes they're very easy on you.

Cons

I have been here for a year and 4 months full time. it started out as a decent job. but the more i continued to work there everybody's true identity popped out. the higher up people will tell you one thing and do the exact opposite. they will also say your not working the weekend and come to you Friday 10 minutes before quitting time and say its a manditory weekend to work. they post too many jobs for the month hoping they can get them shipped and hardly ever reach their goal for the month. the supervisors are awful for the most part. they don't care for they're employees at all. you can do the above and beyond and everyone just wants more more more!!!!

3. "wasnt the best place to work at"

Pros

easy money, 40 hrs a week

Cons

management being bias, majority of women so a lot of mess was around

Advice to Management

no advancement at all

4. "Steady decline. Started out good. After a few years, couldn't get out of there fast enough!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

The compensation was good. Stable corporation because of diversification (not necessarily a stable division).

Cons

Serious culture problems here. Unrealistic expectations and when things don't go according to the unrealistic expectations, lot's of blame, accusations, and even threats about job security. There is one guy who runs the show here and he is absolutely ridiculous. Countless number of great engineers have left the company because of this guy but he gets promoted. Lot's of offshore engineering. US engineers are reduced to Power Points and trying to stay involved in a project that is happening somewhere else. This division wants to do software and electronics but is being led by management with a hydraulics/mechanical background. They have no realistic idea what it takes to develop reliable software and electronics.

Advice to Management

Management has an unrealistic expectation of what it takes to develop complicated products and systems involving software and electronics and hydraulics. They want to have the products in their portfolio because they are high margin products, however, they are unwilling to properly invest in the development of them. New projects must meet an unrealistic goal for return on investment to get approved. Management will fudge the data to get the right IIR number for a project they know they have to do but that means they won't hire the expertise and number of people that it takes to do it. Need a new engineering director that doesn't chase the good talent away.

"Avoid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice office, good location

Cons

Negative culture, ineffective leadership, advancement based on "who you know" vs. merit, bureaucracy makes it hard to get anything done

"Company does not "walk the walk""

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think if any Pros

Cons

Safety and Quality are not the first priority

They do not hold employees accountable

ZERO work life balance.

Advice to Management

Need to hire from outside the corporation and not just continue to promote the good old boys from within

"Learning Experience"

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary
    Medicial Benefits
    Looks good on your resume
    Every job after this one will feel like heaven

Cons

I have worked for many companies and this company by far has the worst management. They are not concerned about the wellness of their people. The bottom line is always first. The people in management are good at their jobs but 99% of the time do not work well with others or have the patients to develop their people. They are always on the look out for who to frame as the scape goat for their failures.

Work life balance is non-existent. If you love and like your family, this is not the company for you. You won't see them and when you do, you will be exhausted from the abuse you received at work for the last 12 hours.

Anyone who works 8 hours a day is looked down upon. You are seen as not being dedicated. Even working 10 hours a day, will not get you the badge of being dedicated.

Every person I know who has worked for this company will describe the feeling of worthlessness they grow to feel about themselves. The feeling of never being good enough no matter the personal sacrifices you make.

Just run from this company. If you don't, you'll wish you had.

Advice to Management

The management already thinks they know best. No reason to offer advice. They won't listen or think this even applies to them.

"Downward spiral."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Arden, NC
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Arden, NC

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid, yet highly unappreciated workforce. Tuition re-imbursement plan is competitive. Company is highly safety oriented.

Cons

Constant reduction in benefits. Company is committed to reducing salaries across all phases of manufacturing, as well as office personnel. Experienced employees, with higher salaries, jobs are looked at as liabilities.

Advice to Management

Quality employees keep you in business. The better your workforce, the higher your profits. Eaton constantly talks about employees being their most valued asset; treat them like it!

"Skilled Position"

Pros

I do not have anything good to say about Eaton for I feel that we have become a second rate company since the acquisition of Cooper Industries. We were told that this was a merger, but I don't agree with all the secrets and the covering of the Cooper Industries logo.

Cons

We are a legacy Cooper facility. Our pay and benefits have been drastically affected by the acquisition of Cooper Industries by the Eaton Corporation. We have become so overcrowded and disorganized since the takeover. I feel that we have lost that small family atmosphere. Eaton makes me feel like a number instead of somebody. I think Eaton is too big. Monopolies will tend to fall in the long run.

Advice to Management

none

"former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

I worked at Eaton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like being treated like garbage and demeaned on a daily basis, this is the place for you

Cons

Cleveland Distribution Center is the most poorly managed facility, Plant, Operations, HR and shift supervisors are incompetent

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Plant. Operations and HR managers in Cleveland Tennessee

Showing 1,769 of 1,933 reviews