Eaton Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,660 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance manageable only if living within 5km radius (in 70 reviews)

• Eaton is a large company that has a clear goal of making shareholders money (in 28 reviews)

"Great Company to Work For!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Arden, NC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Arden, NC

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good People, great training, global reach

Cons

Complicated advancement, lots of office politics, compensation was, at best, only market rate, lots of acquisitions shaking up corporate structure

Advice to Management

See through politics, find objective measures of ability, promote high performers

2. "good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pretty average, no real pros or cons

Cons

no real pros or cons

3. "Positive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance. Great salary. Company supports healthy initiatives. There is a gym on site and free exercise classes. Typical "corporate" experience but it sure beats working at a law firm!!

Cons

They are trying to move to an "open" work space (new cubes with low walls) which, in my opinion, does not cultivate a positive work environment. Some depts are better to work for than others (due to different managers).

4. "Awesome Company to work for."

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are really good. Company Laptop, paid phone bill, 401k, insurance coverage, HSA, and lots of fun outings.

Cons

You definitely know that you are salary and work a lot more than 45 - 50 hours a week. Lot of late nights and weekends. Think that's why we have a laptop.

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Lead Engineering Tech in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Lead Engineering Tech in Asheville, NC

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, room to move up

Cons

NO work life balance... work, work, work!

Advice to Management

stop thinking college degrees are the only means of a person being qualified for higher positions. People that didn't go to college have brains to!

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Roxboro, NC
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Roxboro, NC

I have been working at Eaton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has great benefits, great culture, and balances work/life for the most part. They definitely understand family emergencies and are fairly lenient. The ethics are much further beyond other companies i've worked for and they seem to really care about their employee's happiness. Great learning experience at this company and they do not babysit you but rather let you take leadership in your projects.

Cons

Bonuses are not always guaranteed since it's based on meeting goals for the year. This makes sense in some aspects, but it would be nice to be guaranteed some type of pay-out.

Advice to Management

Just be sure to not pull employees in too many directions and different managers asking one employee to do a million things at once. Managers need to talk to each other a little more before making requests. Make requests through that person's boss.

7. "Great company to work!"

Pros

Great Company to work at

Cons

Nothing really negative about it

8. "Solid Employment Opportunity"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Out of the several companies I've worked for, Eaton has the best business practices and management team. The company is just over 100 years old and appears to be managed extremely well. I have no doubt I could work for this company for another 20 years and still find myself employed.

Cons

The processes in place are more conducive towards manufacturing and sales. This leaves less room for innovation, since the primary purpose of the company is to make money and not to tinker. Since I'm an engineer, this is less appealing since it often means that less interesting, sure money-making projects are chosen over those with a more innovative slant.

Another thing to consider is that Eaton is heavy on acquisitions, so your experience can differ depending on which site you actually work at. It really depends on the local management team and the product lines.

Advice to Management

Your business processes are great, but engineering and innovate has faltered since there's not an alternative development pathway for projects with a greater risk profile.

9. "HR Supervisor"

Former Employee - Human Resources Supervisor in Arecibo, PR
    Former Employee - Human Resources Supervisor in Arecibo, PR

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent human resources philosophy and great benefits...almost similar to pharmaceuticals.

Cons

At the moment I worked, a small group in the HR department for the work we had. Right now, I understand they have the right number of employees.

10. "Great Values & People"

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in their automotive division and had a great experience with the people and values of the corporation. They really focus on doing business right.

Cons

Because of its size, Eaton can be slow to change and policies don't always make sense for a given business unit. Sometimes hard to navigate across industries.

Showing 1,660 of 1,802 reviews