Eaze Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 4, 2019

3.2
Jim Patterson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is growing really fast and there is a lot of opportunity for personal and career growth" (in 3 reviews)

• "Great offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The workplace has been toxic and as a result a lot of people have left the company and which is why the average tenure is about 1" (in 2 reviews)

• "I've had a bit of push back on MMJ stigma from more conservative friends - nothing major though" (in 2 reviews)

"Fired Up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eaze (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm super excited about the future ahead for Eaze. With the upcoming November voting cycle, we are likely going to see a number of new states open to the idea of recreational cannabis delivery. Most are starting to allow adult/medical use and the future looks very bright. The team here is constantly on the pulse of news events and we all share internal developments as transparency is one of the values we hold dear. This is a hard industry in general because the constantly changing regulatory environment and federal "grey areas" but this team is a great group of problem solvers trying to do the right thing for the entire industry. I feel like I'm making a huge difference in the world even on tough days because we work together to get it done. It will be great to look back years from now and know I had a hand in creating this.

Cons

This place moves fast and you have to take lots of ownership on your own work. Don't expect to get a playbook handed to you, it's up to you to tackle the challenges ahead. Very rewarding work but not for the anyone looking for an easy job.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people so we can take this industry over. Also love hearing from friends and family about seeing all the billboards.

"Cheap & Unorganized"

Former Employee - Driver in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Driver in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eaze part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other drivers and people who work in the warehouse are very nice and hard working. Security are really nice and they make a point to remember all of us, which is a lot of people to see every day!

A good starting job to learn how to come to work for a shift. I’d suggest this job to someone in college or HS graduate.

Cons

Customers are high or entitled. Company insists they can’t add tips to the payment section showing us they aren’t prioritizing our income. Company wouldn’t even add a tip reminder to their website after customer purchases. Barely anyone remembers to tip in cash, and even if they like you they don’t carry cash.

Management is sketch, every problem is replied with a “we’re working on it!” When it finally happens it’s a lazy version. Drivers asked for better bathroom situation. Management said we got porcelain toilets that ended up still being porta potties. Management said they were increasing our pay but only by $1 morning shifts and $2 evening shifts. During holiday season, management didn’t even pay 1.5 like other retail stores. They tried offering $20 which is only a 1.25 increase, and only for evening shifts. Not for morning shifts.

Advice to Management

-Learn professionalism you are in charge of people in a company.
    -Implement tipping on the website, I know you have smart developers it can’t be that hard.
    -The new SF location is an absolute joke, what made you think having the pick up spot the same lane as taking a left to the freeway was a good idea? Old location was way better for drivers.
    - Don’t call competition to make the most deliveries a “bonus” or “Christmas bonus”. No one should have to race to get paid decently.

"Unfortunate"

I have been working at Eaze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Parties with sponsored booze
    -Working for a company with a (hopefully) bright future
    -Fully stocked snacks kitchen with food and booze.

Cons

-Pay is VERY minimum compared to what other companies are paying for the same title/position
    -VERY full of nepotism. Management brings in friends from past companies even if the person is not qualified or knowledgable in the cannabis industry.
    -We have to pay for parking, which is $30 a day, essentially we are working 1 hour a day to pay for parking, to come to work.
    -Little availability for upward movement. Because of said nepotism, there is not much room for career advancement.
    -Director travels 80% of the time. Said they had open door policy, then experienced retaliation when was told of issues that needed to be improved. Not much of a safe, open-communication type environment - when you are afraid to tell the truth for fear of being retaliated against.
    -Team members have had to quit because management refused to either give pay increase or bring on full time. Other team members are on brink of having to get second job to supplement income. Shame- when this company if fully funded - why be so cheap with quality talent?
    -Management is micro-managing control freak, which makes team feel suppressed and anxious. Multiple team members have gone to upper management to attempt to remedy but nothing has been corrected.
    -Have seen in the past, multiple team members let go for personal issues - not much professionalism in upper management.

Advice to Management

-Pay your employees fairly
    -Stop with the nepotism - hire qualified management
    -Listen to your employees when they have a concern and do not retaliate against them for being honest.
    -Jim has amazing vision, I hope he puts the right people in place to execute.
    -SO much potential - will be sad to see it go to waste over lack of qualified management.
    -Crowd source why so many people quit, or become unhappy over time.

"Eaze San Diego"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Eaze full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers
    Work/Life balance.

Cons

Immature staff.
    Not friendly.
    Will TRY and make you feel isolated and intimidate you. Not sure if anyone else is going through this or has gone through this. For what reason with me? I am not sure. I definitely don't let shenanigans like this get to me, but I am more curious as to why treat an employee this way? What is this? High school? Lol.
    Will talk about you, while laughing, and making eye contacts towards you.
    So currently a bad experience for me. Not worth going through this for a paycheck. It's unnecessary.

Advice to Management

Communicate with staff on how to be more professional.

Jan 23, 2019

Addressing concerns head-on is not always easy, we can make real impactful change by working together on the development of our culture. We invite you to speak with any leader at Eaze so we can work... More

"Dont work here"

I worked at Eaze part-time

Pros

cool people. good snacks. decent office locaiton

Cons

They make you park on the street

"Software Engineering"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eaze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free meals, good location, nothing else

Cons

CEO, High Turnover, Poor leadership across the board, awful working environment. Not recommended

Advice to Management

To the board, change CEO and leadership team

7. "A Startup with a Heart"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Eaze part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a strong sense of shared mission among all the areas of this company. Culture is congenial, open, and full of energy. Creative thinking is welcomed and management goes a long way to make everyone feel like they have something to bring to the table. Every shift I worked I felt like I was part of something bigger.

Cons

Nothing that other startups don't suffer: Things change very quickly so you have to keep up and keep the whining to a minimum.

Advice to Management

Place more resources into engineering so that some crucial usability issues can be addressed more quickly.

"Coworkers are great, management is lacking."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eaze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Growing industry, lots of exciting challenges
    - Some really fun people work there

Cons

- There isn't much autonomy in work, you are delegated a task and given a timeline.
    - There is no push back for work assigned and it feels like managers only manage up.
    - Some of the management is inexperienced in the area which they lead, it can be frustrating because management is often prescriptive of solutions despite being hands off.
    - Management will make decisions regarding employees without seeking feedback from peers or speaking to the employee.

Advice to Management

- Talk to your employees, figure out why they are unhappy.
    - It's an open office, everyone hears what you say.
    - Stop the nepotism.

"The company is filled with nepotism and has an immature executive team"

I have been working at Eaze (More than a year)

Pros

Great offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego
    Great snacks
    It was fun in 2017, everything went downhill in 2018

Cons

- As a previous review described most of the 5 start reviews have been left by the management team which tells you something: there are way too many managers and directors and not enough junior people to actually do the work
    -Executives have terrible decision making skills and do not listen to feedback
    - The workplace has been toxic and as a result a lot of people have left the company and which is why the average tenure is about 1.2 years.
    - They utilize an app called Workplace where people are always passive aggressive to one another and does not help the company in any manner

Advice to Management

-Stop hiring from your inner circle and actually run this like a business
    -There are many executives that need to be let go and do not have enough experience to run this company.

Oct 19, 2018

I’m sorry to hear this feedback. We are a dynamic group of people, each bringing different capabilities to this phase of growth. Addressing concerns head-on is not always easy, we can make real... More

"Management is Awful"

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at Eaze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the Los Angeles office is terrific. Everyone is very self-disciplined with strong work ethic. The company as a whole is a fantastic start-up with plenty of opportunity to grow.

Cons

-The office politics of the company are embarrassingly immature.
    -They are "open by default", but have zero transparency with their employees & tend to hide things from them.
    -Every role is micro-managed to an unnecessary degree & multiple people have left due to the person in charge being so difficult to work with.
    -Executive management is inexperienced & doesn't know how to effectively manage a team.
    -The positive reviews on this company were 100% written by the executive management team.

Advice to Management

Do an audit of who you are putting in charge to run the ship. Clean house & put people who are actually excited about the cannabis industry & have good intentions.

Oct 19, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Voluntary departures are not common at Eaze but when they do happen we actively discuss the reasons for departure as a part of the transition. Please feel free to contact... More