Eaze Reviews | Glassdoor

Jim Patterson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fired Up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eaze (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm super excited about the future ahead for Eaze. With the upcoming November voting cycle, we are likely going to see a number of new states open to the idea of recreational cannabis delivery. Most are starting to allow adult/medical use and the future looks very bright. The team here is constantly on the pulse of news events and we all share internal developments as transparency is one of the values we hold dear. This is a hard industry in general because the constantly changing regulatory environment and federal "grey areas" but this team is a great group of problem solvers trying to do the right thing for the entire industry. I feel like I'm making a huge difference in the world even on tough days because we work together to get it done. It will be great to look back years from now and know I had a hand in creating this.

Cons

This place moves fast and you have to take lots of ownership on your own work. Don't expect to get a playbook handed to you, it's up to you to tackle the challenges ahead. Very rewarding work but not for the anyone looking for an easy job.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people so we can take this industry over. Also love hearing from friends and family about seeing all the billboards.

"Dont work here"

I worked at Eaze part-time

Pros

cool people. good snacks. decent office locaiton

Cons

They make you park on the street

"Software Engineering"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eaze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free meals, good location, nothing else

Cons

CEO, High Turnover, Poor leadership across the board, awful working environment. Not recommended

Advice to Management

To the board, change CEO and leadership team

4. "A Startup with a Heart"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Eaze part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a strong sense of shared mission among all the areas of this company. Culture is congenial, open, and full of energy. Creative thinking is welcomed and management goes a long way to make everyone feel like they have something to bring to the table. Every shift I worked I felt like I was part of something bigger.

Cons

Nothing that other startups don't suffer: Things change very quickly so you have to keep up and keep the whining to a minimum.

Advice to Management

Place more resources into engineering so that some crucial usability issues can be addressed more quickly.

"Coworkers are great, management is lacking."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eaze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Growing industry, lots of exciting challenges
    - Some really fun people work there

Cons

- There isn't much autonomy in work, you are delegated a task and given a timeline.
    - There is no push back for work assigned and it feels like managers only manage up.
    - Some of the management is inexperienced in the area which they lead, it can be frustrating because management is often prescriptive of solutions despite being hands off.
    - Management will make decisions regarding employees without seeking feedback from peers or speaking to the employee.

Advice to Management

- Talk to your employees, figure out why they are unhappy.
    - It's an open office, everyone hears what you say.
    - Stop the nepotism.

"The company is filled with nepotism and has an immature executive team"

I have been working at Eaze (More than a year)

Pros

Great offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego
    Great snacks
    It was fun in 2017, everything went downhill in 2018

Cons

- As a previous review described most of the 5 start reviews have been left by the management team which tells you something: there are way too many managers and directors and not enough junior people to actually do the work
    -Executives have terrible decision making skills and do not listen to feedback
    - The workplace has been toxic and as a result a lot of people have left the company and which is why the average tenure is about 1.2 years.
    - They utilize an app called Workplace where people are always passive aggressive to one another and does not help the company in any manner

Advice to Management

-Stop hiring from your inner circle and actually run this like a business
    -There are many executives that need to be let go and do not have enough experience to run this company.

Eaze Response

Oct 19, 2018

I’m sorry to hear this feedback. We are a dynamic group of people, each bringing different capabilities to this phase of growth. Addressing concerns head-on is not always easy, we can make real... More

"Management is Awful"

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

I worked at Eaze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the Los Angeles office is terrific. Everyone is very self-disciplined with strong work ethic. The company as a whole is a fantastic start-up with plenty of opportunity to grow.

Cons

-The office politics of the company are embarrassingly immature.
    -They are "open by default", but have zero transparency with their employees & tend to hide things from them.
    -Every role is micro-managed to an unnecessary degree & multiple people have left due to the person in charge being so difficult to work with.
    -Executive management is inexperienced & doesn't know how to effectively manage a team.
    -The positive reviews on this company were 100% written by the executive management team.

Advice to Management

Do an audit of who you are putting in charge to run the ship. Clean house & put people who are actually excited about the cannabis industry & have good intentions.

Eaze Response

Oct 19, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Voluntary departures are not common at Eaze but when they do happen we actively discuss the reasons for departure as a part of the transition. Please feel free to contact... More

"Messy startup"

I worked at Eaze full-time

Pros

-Execs and onboarding teams will "inspire" you with propaganda on leading California's new marijuana industry
    -Cool people
    -Free snacks

Cons

-They're all about transparency, but business-decisions and strategies that change the day-to-day for entire teams are still made with zero transparency and with very little time for teams to prepare. When it comes to projects and such, valuing transparency invites too many cooks in the kitchen and makes execution really inefficient.
    -Too many inexperienced employees with manager or director titles; poor hierarchical order and needs additional leadership training
    -Culture of working late and unspoken expectation to work after hours and on weekends

Advice to Management

Focus less on giving motivational speeches and more time working on everyone's leadership abilities and developing the right culture.

9. "Great start-up!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eaze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technology. Relationships with eco-system are strong.

Cons

Normal growing pains of a start-up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The team is getting stronger every day!

"Fast growing company with very interesting challenges"

Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Eaze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing like crazy. There are very interesting challenges for the eng team (similar to what uber, lyft, postmates have) plus additional ones because of the industry and regulations.
    The team is extremely collaborative and the colleagues are great people I enjoy working with.

Cons

With 3 offices directors and above sometimes have to travel a bit to keep in contact with each other, otherwise, they have to rely on remote communication that is not always ideal.