Ebates Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Johnson

1. Featured Review

"Solid Culture and Business"

I have been working at Ebates full-time

Pros

Great benefits, social culture with lots of happy hours and team events, snacks, catering, standing desks. Business is solid and there is transparency on product releases and performance. Company supports professional development.

Cons

Company is growing fast and it can be confusing at times to know who is who and how teams are structured. Very busy during Q4, but that comes with the territory.

Advice to Management

Share and organizational chart with the team to demystify how the company is growing.

2. "SF Tech's Best Kept Secret"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ebates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are really nice and approachable people. The management treats everyone with a very high level of respect. Business model is bulletproof.

Cons

Main con is growing pains but that's part of the current challenge. Honestly the best problem we could has as a company.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employee strengths and suggest projects and positions within the company that utilize those strongpoints most efficiently.

3. "Member Service Representative"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Beloit, WI
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Beloit, WI

I have been working at Ebates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great company as far as the growth coming up, but it's slow coming. There are free lunches and snacks during your shift and good benefits such as healthcare and 401(k). The culture is very laid back and you are trusted to your job without micromanagement.

Cons

While the culture is to not be micromanaged, some of the supervisors tend to micromanage and try to take control of more than what's needed. I feel like if you are "buddies" with the director, you basically get away with anything and you tend to get handed more projects/opportunities because of this.

Bringing up issues with your supervisor tend to be overlooked a lot. Nothing ever seems to get resolved as far as a better incentive program or making the employees feel more valued/respected.

The system they have as far as quota is jacked because some supervisors put agents on projects which can make their numbers higher or they have another agent helping with training (making your numbers lower) yet you're expected to still make the same exact quota as an agent who had been working without interruptions their entire shift. They say it's been taken into consideration but it's not because you still get it reported without notes in your QR.

Advice to Management

If you want to make this a career then it is a really good fit for you but it's more of an in between job. If you keep your head down and just work, things seem to go a lot smoother.

5. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ebates (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Data Engineering team, opportunities to learn

Cons

daily commute to work, small team

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Ebates is one of the best companies I've worked for. A wonderful group of people that are smart, down to earth and a pleasure to be around. It's a relief to find a company that's inspiring, successful and still knows how to have fun.

Cons

Besides the commute being atrocious at times I have no cons about the company!

Advice to Management

You are an inspiration to everyone here! Thank you for being so approachable and down to earth.

"Solid business"

I have been working at Ebates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a very successful business that continues to grow quickly. I feel like some of the reviews on here misrepresent the actual culture which is generally positive and coworkers are both helpful and capable. Maybe things have changed or were in bad situations in their role? In any case, I'm impressed with my coworkers and think the company has a lot of potential.

Cons

There has been a lot of hiring over the last year and that's exciting. But the business needs to organize itself in order to keep scaling. It's odd to say this, but if anything the company is a bit too flat for it's size.

Advice to Management

The company is successful with continued effort will continue to grow. It's time to think more about how to build a team and structure for the longer term.

8. "CSR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

I have been working at Ebates full-time

Pros

Easy work, benefits are out of this world, and you management doesn't hold your hand.

Cons

A couple of the supervisors have a superiority complex and enjoy micromanaging. It definitely feels like were being governed by a dictator at times. Also, one of the said supervisors regards their team as better than everyone else, and it's hard to maintain a positive work environment with that kind of leer.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equally, and listen to your employees when they have complaints about supervisors.

"Don't Do It"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ebates full-time

Pros

Cool office with free food, lunches and some company gatherings.

Cons

If you are a software engineer or product manager then avoid.

- The most immature engineering & product organization I've worked for.
    - They don't care about quality software design on any level.
    - A vast majority of design decisions are just one off hacks.
    - Product managers are really just glorified project managers.
    - This place is swimming in technical debt and they don't care.

I heard several times when enquiring about doing things with a minimal level of professional quality.
    "we don't work like that here" and "we are successful in spite of ourselves".
    Not kidding those are actual quotes from a VP.

Advice to Management

Hire product & engineering leadership that understands there is a minimum level of quality that is acceptable. Forcing people to swim in technical debt with no clean up is bad for morale and productivity. Have the discipline to say 'no' when you don't have the resources to adequately staff a project.

"The job was simple and management appeared to care about employees. There were some issues, but I would work there again"

Former Employee - Tier I Customer Service Representative in Beloit, WI
    Former Employee - Tier I Customer Service Representative in Beloit, WI

I worked at Ebates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Catered lunch for first shift. Left overs and fully stocked kitchen for second and third shifts. Friendly atmosphere and good coworkers.

Cons

Some minor bickering amongst staff members. There is a bias towards putting employees with kids on first shift, which is understandable. Management did tell me that they would rehire me during the next Q4 rush, but I have yet to get a response from anyone regarding my inquiries on the subject.

Advice to Management

Don't make promises or offers that you won't follow through on.

"Not for talented and determined people"

I have been working at Ebates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location and perks. Awesome peers to work with.

Cons

Lack of career growth path and direction. Upper management do not respect employees' opinions.

Advice to Management

Respect and reward your employees properly. Identify key strength of your employees.