Echo Global Logistics Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 48 reviews)

• The Dallas branch exemplifies the "work hard play hard" mentality very well (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, micro manage, not a great life/work balance (in 28 reviews)

• The commission structure is a rat race (in 21 reviews)

1. "Good gig"

Current Employee - Account Executive in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work atmosphere and free parking

Cons

long hours totally worth it

2. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and people was that of a logistic company. People were cool, laid back, not entirely micro-managey.

Quick money if you're good.

Cons

The hours sucked, and you spend your entire day talking to truck drivers. It's mindless work.

Advice to Management

Clean house on middle management.

"Account Executive - Managed Transportation"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment. You stay busy. Great home/work balance - normal hours. Helpful coworkers. Nice office. Great technology.

Cons

Promotions are hard to come by - based on popularity within work group, not quality of work or customer satisfaction. Salary is below average and stagnant. Work distribution is not equal.

Advice to Management

Encourage managers to be serious about AE's career development. Lay out achievable goals. Realize that people need a diverse work portfolio in order to keep their sanity and not burn out too quickly.

4. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Money if you enjoy the Grind

Cons

Terrible hours. If you do not make commission you are pretty close to making minimum wage

"Echo is the same amount of letters as joke"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Listing pros would be lying to you, the reader, and I don't lie. The rest of this is just filling the required word count minimum.

Cons

Where to begin? Management is a joke. And by management, I don't mean the pod managers, I mean the upper level executives including the brain dead gentleman who referred to himself as the CEO (yeah, that's you, Doug). Quality, efficient ideas and suggestions are brought to the attention of "attentive upper level managers" on a dsily basis but you'd have better luck getting it thru to a foreign speaking mentally challenged giraffe. The majority of original echo employees don't know what a phone is our how to use it - which is concerning considering the vast part of their job revolves around it (but that might explain why customers and carriers hate working with echo). The executives pay themselves before paying carrier invoices (spoiler alert: the carrier's are not ok with that). But that doesn't effect the customer reps. Management does a good enough job screwing them over by not paying them their earned commissions. Don't worry though, you can email the commissions department and get a reply within 7-46 business days where they will ask you to explain your concerns again because it went over their heads and either the company hires brain dead employees or tells them to play dumb; I'm convinced. Employees are quitting left and right and implosion will soon follow. Pay your respects now and wish them well (even get Doug to take you to lunch on the corporate card because that's the only money anyone has in the company and maybe then you can even spit in his food) - because the company will not have any employees much longer and will shut down or file bankruptcy soon after. (Thats a good thing guys. Corrupt companies SHOULD fail)

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. You're useless.

6. "Acount Exec. Review"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good enviorment and pay and benefits

Cons

Freight is tough and is slow at times

Advice to Management

None

"STAY AWAY FROM HERE"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent LTL package and their managed LTL program is unique. Outside of LTL the pros just about stop at that point

Cons

-They pride themselves on being a technological innovator in the industry but When they acquired Command they actually kept the bulk of the programs we designed in house. Our programs now what their entire platform is based on. The few programs that are native to Echo are outdated and highly inefficient.
    -The vast majority of carrier reps have been there less than 2 years so their purchasing power really isn't all that competitive. This makes sense when you realize that their turnover is sky high
    -Their commission structure is constantly evolving and transparency as to your own earnings couldn't be worse. At Command transportation we had an itemized inventory for every single load we moved and how much commission was won or lost. This is not the case at Echo. You have to jump through many hoops to see the real money you're making.
    -Overall, they've acquired too many companies and don't know which way to go. They aren't an efficient company don't do nearly enough for their reps.

This is a great industry to be in but Echo has started to turn and burn employees for their own bottom line. If you want to press your luck and try it then that's up to you. However, I think most people will have better luck both personally and financially at a smaller, more nimble firm.

Advice to Management

There's a reason you're stock was trending at a 52 week low last month.

Echo Global Logistics Response

Apr 25, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We understand the frustration that comes with an integration and know working through the different kinks can be difficult. The companies we acquire are a strategic move to help leverage different... More

"Echo Global"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Community to work for and in. High performers rewarded.

Cons

During season you work Longer hours and no overtime pay.

9. "Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Echo is amazing, and the top tier does a great job of making sure the branches truly are an extension of the company rather than satellites. My coworkers are amazing, and I love the transparency within the organization. I would feel comfortable reaching out to anyone in the company at any level. Lots of room to grow, and lots of expertise to soak up along the way.

Cons

One reason Echo is the best in the business is their ability to adapt. But this constant adaptation leads to a lot of change internally and a lack of follow through or follow up on a management level. The company could certainly do more to see that each initiative is completed or explained fully to the entire workforce and that the results (positive or negative) of the initiative are shared with the employees.

Advice to Management

Management on a branch level needs to focus on following through on their commitments and providing transparency into time away from their desks or the office. Having difficulty finding a manager would be much easier on the team if the staff had a sense of why the managers were away and how it will help the branch.

10. "Good Place to Grow"

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - National Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

I great place to grow. It's an even better if you use the correct avenues to advance into various departments.

Cons

Skills in an entry level role might not portray an employee's full potential. Employees can get lost in the shuffle.

Advice to Management

Keeping everyone engaged should not overlook employee's desire to grow and develop their careers.