Echo Global Logistics Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 44 reviews)

• Over the course of those 6 years I've seen two things remain constant; great people and great culture (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Early start daily and long hours (in 20 reviews)

• Commission structure needs serious adjusting (in 18 reviews)

1. "Good Place to Grow"

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - National Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics (Less than a year)

Pros

I great place to grow. It's an even better if you use the correct avenues to advance into various departments.

Cons

Skills in an entry level role might not portray an employee's full potential. Employees can get lost in the shuffle.

Advice to Management

Keeping everyone engaged should not overlook employee's desire to grow and develop their careers.

"Feel the Appreciation"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no shortage of education. It's a great company to work for if you're new to the logistics industry. The investment in their people is obvious. The expectations are laid out and there is never a question of what you're supposed to be doing of what to what level you are performing. The appreciation I feel at Echo is second to none!

Cons

The job can seem overwhelming at first, especially if you're new to the industry. There are a lot of moving parts and it's easy to get lost in the mix. Management is always around to help and keep you afloat, but the expectation is to learn and grow form your experiences.

Advice to Management

Stay open with communication. Constructive criticism is a must in order to gain a handle on the tasks. Always celebrate the wins, no matter how small.

"Managed Transportation Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young and mostly upbeat work environment. If you are liked then you will be able to get ahead. They have beer fridays once a month.

Cons

Managed transportation is underpaid, with inexperienced managers, and you are stuck behind at your desk taking the blame for nothing that you did. Echo is like a high school, just one big popularity contest. You wont get ahead if you are not liked by the managers.

Apr 20, 2016 – HR Representative

As you know, working as a middle man in our industry can be difficult because we have to creatively solve issues that aren’t necessarily our fault and relay information from our carrier partners to ... More

5. "OK to start"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good place to start after college

Cons

Lack of long term opportunities and no competitive salary

Advice to Management

Needs far better incentive, higher salaries, and more opportunity

Apr 20, 2016 – HR Representative

Thanks for the review! There are actually a lot of long term opportunities at Echo, whether it’s a promotion in your current department or exploring other departments. You’re correct, there aren’t ... More

6. "Great entry-level job"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good entry-level position for someone starting right out of college; they provided the tools and training to succeed not only in the company specifically, but in the corporate workforce as a whole.

Cons

Logistics is not for everyone and is not always the most glamorous field. It is very much a work hard play hard mentality, and oftentimes, the 'play hard' aspect is forgotten.

Advice to Management

None needed- the management was excellent to its entry-level employees.

Oct 28, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for the review! So glad to hear training was beneficial for you. Our goal is to set up all of our new hires for success and provide skills that can be used over a whole career, whether it is ... More

"Least Professional Company Ever"

Former Employee - Account Executive - Managed Transportation in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive - Managed Transportation in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of anything here. The building is great, but you are rarely let loose from your desk.

Cons

Poor management.
    Rude employees.
    Smelly carpets.
    Unprofessional greeters/receptionist staff.
    Absolutely no professional attitude during conference calls with clients.
    Horrible tasking - you never know what needs to get done.
    Account managers - if you can tell me what they do then you are smarter than me... what a useless position.
    Horrible company!!!

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people straight from college with no idea what the workforce is like. Stop promoting people who are rude, unprofessional, and downright juvenile.

Dec 8, 2015 – HR Representative

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have a positive experience while at Echo. We do not promote or encourage the type of atmosphere that you described. Best of luck in the future.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Fun Atmosphere
    Young Environment
    Laid Back Atmosphere

Cons

Horrible Pay
    Unprofessional Management
    Weeds out Older Employees

Advice to Management

Work on Keeping Tenured Employees

Oct 28, 2015 – HR Representative

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I can assure you that we value all of our employees. Above anything, we aim to retain and reward hard workers that live our core values every day ... More

"Horrible In Every Way"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Young co-workers- that is about it

Cons

SUCH A DEPRESSING JOB. As an account executive, you are literally just calling truckers all day and scheduling shipments. If you have an education, are SMART, or want to use your actual brain at work, DO NOT WORK HERE. This job should be for high school drop outs. It's basically a call/ customer service center. No appreciation at all for employees. Overall, the most depressing place I have ever been.

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation for your employees. No one actually likes this job so maybe some appreciation would be nice.

Jul 16, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for writing a review, we really appreciate the feedback. Rewards and recognition is actually something we are working really hard to improve, particularly for those in the Account Executive ... More

Current Employee - Account Executive in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work culture, great training program, beer Fridays, beautiful office.

Cons

Low starting pay for an individual that has prior logistics experience. Although training program was a great introduction to logistics, as an account executive, you manage customer accounts that vary from account to account. Every account has different requirements and there was no formal training for this. Was kind of thrown into these accounts and will only learn through trial and error. Not being able to take a full hour break and even frowned upon most times when taking a 30 minute break. My account especially requires immediate attention and I can't even take a break without eating lunch at my desk.

Advice to Management

Keep your accounts organized, provide a formal SOP for each account for new Account Executives to understand the needs of each account. Some accounts require a lot more attention than others and the account executive responsible for these needy accounts need additional executives that can assist for breaks to be legally taken. Bonuses should be strictly on the individual's performance because there is NO teamwork as you say. You may think the structure is organized and team oriented, however, if you pay more attention you will notice different PODs hanging around while others are struggling. Promote your account executives rather than hiring new operations managers. Eliminate 3rd party when necessary. We are already a 3rd party provider which already makes it difficult for Carriers and Customers. Account Executives are depended on Carrier Sales and other Echo teams to provide rates and costs for shipment which makes it even more difficult. EDI doesn't always go through and requires manual scheduling and calling a lot of times. Need to improve the system or hire better Operations Specialists that can provide track, trace and SCHEDULING.

May 28, 2015 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with Echo thus far and for your contributions as an Account Executive. Glad to hear you enjoyed our training program as an introduction to ... More

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

Day to Day is stressful
    Compensation is not equal to amount of work / stress
    Seen people passed over for promotions

Cons

Opportunity to move within departments
    Try to engage employees

Advice to Management

Reevaluate compensation structure.

Jun 5, 2015 – HR Representative

Thanks for providing feedback. We regularly review our compensation plan to make sure it rewards the behavior we value most and that it's as simple to understand as possible. While it is competitive ... More