Echo Global Logistics Client Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work environment and lots of freedom (in 51 reviews)

• The Dallas branch exemplifies the "work hard play hard" mentality very well (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, micro manage, not a great life/work balance (in 28 reviews)

• The commission structure is a rat race (in 21 reviews)

1. "My experience at Echo!"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Loving my time here at Echo! Really enjoy the fun, yet collaborative work environment! But the best thing about Echo definitely has to be the people! Everyone is extremely friendly, and willing to give you a hand without any hesitation. The management team do the absolute best to put you on the right track for success! I am happy to say I made the right career choice and choose to work for Echo!

Cons

No cons at this moment.

2. "Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Echo is a great place to work. It is a young innovative company with a lot of room for growth. The company trains you very well so your prepared for each task your role demands of you. Awesome people and cool environment #freightlife

Cons

You do a lot of cold calling in the beginning but it really helps you learn the industry

3. "Great culture and opportunity"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Great working atmosphere. M-F 7-5 hours are great, especially if you have a family. Good benefits & 401K. Great first sales job if you are new to sales. You are eased into sales, starting out working solely on operations. Starting salary is above average in the industry. You don't go on salary versus commission until your 3rd year after you've had 1-1.5 years to build a book of business. The income potential is very real and very high. Personally work with multiple people making 100K + per year...in their mid to upper 20's. If you show motivation and drive you will be given every opportunity to achieve the same level. The managers, genuinely, want you to succeed. Most managers want their employees to make money solely because they get paid more if their salespeople are making more money. I am sure it works the same way here but you can tell they genuinely want their employees to do well for the sake of their employees.

Cons

Your first year in operations is more stressful than when you are switched to full time sales, at least personally it was. After you switch into sales and start building business you will find yourself tending to work related issues at night throughout the week and weekend. Which at the end of the day isn't a huge deal considering your dealing with issues that directly correlate with your money. Outside of it being stressful at times, there isn't really anything to "complain" about.

Advice to Management

I think the Salespeople with Operation Assistants can do a better job helping guide their assistants with the sales aspect of the job. When I was an assistant, I can count on one hand how many times I made calls with my Sales Rep. I didn't actually learn "how to sell" until after I went on my own. Most new Reps are constantly "worried" about how they are progressing. It's helpful that the Managers don't give you performance numbers to hit initially, which creates less stress. However, it would be a peace of mind to share other reps starting numbers with new Sales Reps. You could obviously do that anonymously. It would create a peace of mind.

Echo Global Logistics Response

Aug 17, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback for us, very helpful! It is important to us that all of our reps feel prepared when they hit the floor, and we will continue to provide our... More

4. "Client Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is great here can't beat it. Everyone is willing to help each other here we all have one goal and that is to succeed and help everyone out.

Cons

Have not found one con in this company yet.

"terrible"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none except cool people on your team

Cons

everything is terrible pay is so low saturated industry, favoritism.

Echo Global Logistics Response

May 4, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are sorry that you had such a negative experience at Echo. We are always willing take advice from our employees, and wish you the best of luck!

"client sales"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

good environment and flexible schedule

Cons

lots of empty promises on assistance

Advice to Management

higher commission percentages for sales reps

7. "Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office culture -- really cool location downtown -- fun activities and incentives -- great people to work with

Cons

Not being at HQ is hard -- structure is bizarre -- little to none upward mobility

"Echo cares only about Echo."

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. Free coffee. Decent comp if you can withstand long hours and corporate red tape. Client sales is no longer strictly sales. You also do your own accounting and invoicing. Takes up many hours that could be spent bringing in clients.

Cons

Long hours to benefit the company, not the reps. Took on Command Trans 50 hour work week with Saturday shifts. Serious disconnect between management and reps. Little to no reason to have entire client sales there for 10 hours a day. Even legal? Most actually start working at 8 and stop at 4, yet are required to be there for a useless 2 hours. Echo claims they care about their employees, this is false. They care only about Echo. Little to no work-life balance. This job will dominate your life.

Advice to Management

Employees burn out consistently with 10 hour days. Motivationally, mentally, and physically. Need to find a way to take this down to 9 hours a day like competitors. Would recruit far better talent and retain many more employees.

Why are people not allowed to work from home? Everything is done on Internet Explorer. Little to no perks with the job except free coffee.

9. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative

Pros

Great Atmosphere, potential to make the big bucks

Cons

hard to get to commission level. 401k plan is terrible. I think the reason for this is because when Echo started they were hiring kids straight out of college that did not worry about their future. Now that it has been around for 10+ years and they are strategically hiring we should improve the plan

Advice to Management

Please improve 401k offerings

10. "Huge Opportunity, Time to Work Hard & Hustle"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

- Fun company culture/atmosphere
    - Honest about time to begin making significant commissions
    - Decent base salary that never drops or goes away
    - Mentor/mentee program to help you grow your sales and industry knowledge/improve overall
    - Ton of opportunity
    - It's very evident that they really work to live the values they espouse

Cons

- 3PL is a highly saturated market, so be prepared to put in some long hours, hard work and deal with a lot of rejection

Advice to Management

- Keep building upon your internal training material on The Hub, the sound recording quality of the podcast is pretty great, but some of the video content I've seen is pretty difficult to hear. I would highly recommend creating some internal educational videos like those on the FightMediocrity youtube channel. Combines visual and auditory learning methods really well and I think this would really benefit the training process.