Echo Global Logistics Client Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 44 reviews)

• Over the course of those 6 years I've seen two things remain constant; great people and great culture (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Early start daily and long hours (in 20 reviews)

• Commission structure needs serious adjusting (in 18 reviews)

1. "client sales"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

good environment and flexible schedule

Cons

lots of empty promises on assistance

Advice to Management

higher commission percentages for sales reps

2. "Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office culture -- really cool location downtown -- fun activities and incentives -- great people to work with

Cons

Not being at HQ is hard -- structure is bizarre -- little to none upward mobility

3. "Echo cares only about Echo."

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. Free coffee. Decent comp if you can withstand long hours and corporate red tape. Client sales is no longer strictly sales. You also do your own accounting and invoicing. Takes up many hours that could be spent bringing in clients.

Cons

Long hours to benefit the company, not the reps. Took on Command Trans 50 hour work week with Saturday shifts. Serious disconnect between management and reps. Little to no reason to have entire client sales there for 10 hours a day. Even legal? Most actually start working at 8 and stop at 4, yet are required to be there for a useless 2 hours. Echo claims they care about their employees, this is false. They care only about Echo. Little to no work-life balance. This job will dominate your life.

Advice to Management

Employees burn out consistently with 10 hour days. Motivationally, mentally, and physically. Need to find a way to take this down to 9 hours a day like competitors. Would recruit far better talent and retain many more employees.

Why are people not allowed to work from home? Everything is done on Internet Explorer. Little to no perks with the job except free coffee.

5. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative

Pros

Great Atmosphere, potential to make the big bucks

Cons

hard to get to commission level. 401k plan is terrible. I think the reason for this is because when Echo started they were hiring kids straight out of college that did not worry about their future. Now that it has been around for 10+ years and they are strategically hiring we should improve the plan

Advice to Management

Please improve 401k offerings

6. "Huge Opportunity, Time to Work Hard & Hustle"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

- Fun company culture/atmosphere
    - Honest about time to begin making significant commissions
    - Decent base salary that never drops or goes away
    - Mentor/mentee program to help you grow your sales and industry knowledge/improve overall
    - Ton of opportunity
    - It's very evident that they really work to live the values they espouse

Cons

- 3PL is a highly saturated market, so be prepared to put in some long hours, hard work and deal with a lot of rejection

Advice to Management

- Keep building upon your internal training material on The Hub, the sound recording quality of the podcast is pretty great, but some of the video content I've seen is pretty difficult to hear. I would highly recommend creating some internal educational videos like those on the FightMediocrity youtube channel. Combines visual and auditory learning methods really well and I think this would really benefit the training process.

7. "Client Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work environment with a lot of energy. The people are great. Everyone is willing to help one another.

Cons

You think you are getting a sales job but if you land the wrong type of accounts you end up doing way more operations than sales and your book of business and income potential suffers significantly.

Advice to Management

Sales reps need more operational support. More consistent accountability across the entire company

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback. Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we are named one of the top 3PL’s to work for year after year. As we continue to grow, we are adding new operational roles to ... More

8. "Client Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over all my experience at Echo has been ok. If you are in sales you really have to grind and hit the phone hard, which I didn't mind. I am also learning more and more about the industry everyday!

Cons

When I was doing my interview I was told one thing about the commission. After I got hired I was told another thing and I wasn't even told until four months into the role. Even other people on the sales team didn't know the actual commission structure. Also as a sales person it is important to have business cards, I don't know a sales person who doesn't have one, when we asked our manager he just ignored us and wouldn't answer. So no one on the sales team had a business card and I don't think that you should have to order them it is up the your manager to get them. Why in the world do people on operations have them and sales people don't( at least on our sales team)

Advice to Management

The way I was treated when I told them I was leaving was HORRIBLE. The standard(or at least I thought) is to put in your two weeks notice. I put in my two weeks notice and three hours later they told me my last day was two days later. I later asked why and they said because that is the normal for sales. So I would suggest to anyone who is going into sales to not give them the courtesy and put in your notice 2-3 days, if you choose to leave the company. Also don't lie to people about the commission structure just to hire them, that makes everyone look bad.

Aug 24, 2016

Thanks for the review. We’re glad to hear you felt that you gained valuable knowledge on the industry as well as on sales during your time here at Echo. In this industry, and with any sales roles ... More

9. "Decent gig, not a long-term career move"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and culture, fun company outings and most managers are great. Fun and young environment to work in.

Cons

Pay is very average (unless you start making a lot of commission $$$). A lot of things are out of your control in this role that you depend on to be successful, which can make the role very frustrating.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more fairly to keep them happy. If you want to play with the big boys, you need to pay like the big boys.

Nov 2, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for providing your feedback! Our company culture is extremely important to us and is a key part in our success. Our offices are full of energetic, hardworking individuals that are rewarded ... More

"Client Sales Representative"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in. Great energy in the office with a bunch of fun people to work with day in and day out.

Cons

Way too high of turnover. The number of people that funnel through this company is quite startling. Management is also out of touch with reality at times.

Advice to Management

Take s listen to the current and former employees. Their opinions will help cut down the high levels of turnover .

Jun 20, 2016 – HR Representative

We are aware of our turnover rate and we have done extensive work digging into fixing the issues that contribute to people leaving Echo. We have implemented new training programs for our employees ... More

11. "Good Culture"

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good culture, lots of young professionals

Cons

Inside sales, difficult to build up to commission level

Advice to Management

Lot of turnover, salary is a big part of that