Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Its a casual dress code and can wear shorts which is awesome in the dead of summer" (in 27 reviews)

• "The work environment at Echo is second to none, no two days are the same" (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low base salary & takes a while to hit commission, long hours" (in 33 reviews)

• "competitive industry, long days, commission structure salary," (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Client Solutions Representative"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Echo Global Logistics for a little under 2 years. Echo is a great place to establish a successful career in the logistics industry if you have the drive to put in the work every day. They provide you with all tools and training needed so that you have the knowledge and skill sets required to become successful. Echo's proprietary technology is second to none and provides a competitive advantage that allows you to establish long term clientele that benefit heavily from Echo's services. The Dallas branch has a great culture and I have established life long friendships with my co-workers. Coming from another freight brokerage, I can say that Echo's commission structure is truly uncapped and allows you to receive the fruits of your labor which is essential in succeeding in this industry . If you are willing to put in the work, you will be rewarded at Echo. Easy onboarding process and no drug test required. Echo is a publicly traded, 1.8 billion dollar company that is respected and thought of highly throughout the Supply Chain/Logistics industry.

Cons

In order to make money at Echo you must be willing to put in the work. You will not find success if you expect the clients to come to you. Reps that are willing to put in the work every day are able to establish a consistent book of business and can make 6 figures by year 2 (no joke). With that being said, the job can become frustrating if you do not have a serious drive to be successful. The job is not for everyone, but if you have the drive to succeed this is the best platform to benefit from the work you put in.

May 2, 2018 – Talent Team

Love the passion you have for Echo and what you do each day! Appreciate your review!

2. "National Account Representative"

Current Employee - National Account Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - National Account Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The thing I love about Echo is how we step in and support each other throughout our journey. No matter where you are at in tenure there are unique situational experiences that can help other reps out. Everyone has something unique that they can bring to the table. We also have great team gatherings about once a month which continues our inter office growth.

Cons

Corporate in Chicago does a good job about trying to keep us branches in the loop on things as they change. However, with an ever changing market we might not hear about information as fast as the reps in Chicago.

3. "great place to work"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

great environment that cares about people

Cons

there are people that have the mentality they deserve to make a lot of money but not willing to put in the work. You have to work hard, very hard, and you WILL make money,

Oct 17, 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your review. We agree that our people make us who we are and we love to see them succeed and grow!
    #workhardandhustle

4. "Great company"

Pros

You get what you put in 100%

Cons

Easy to grow complacent with so many others around you

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Oct 8, 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your feedback and review. Agree that you get out what you put in, both in our company and the logistics space. Leadership is pushing us forward..

"Good company with its drawbacks"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

work life mix is good

Cons

pay started good but small raises make it not worth staying

Sep 28, 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your feedback, I’d encourage you to reach out to our HR department to talk through your current situation! hr@echo.com

6. "Inside Sales"

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Fun team environment with a cool culture

Cons

low base pay and hard to meet KPIs and receive comission

Advice to Management

Promote within more

Sep 28, 2018 – Talent Team

As we are growing as a company we continue to see more and more growth internally.....which we are excited about. Thank you for your feedback and your time here.

7. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Very laid back and casual.

Cons

Salary is not very competitive.

"TERRIBLE"

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

you can wear casual clothes and there's a softball team and beer fridays.

Cons

you will NOT advance your career. super slimey executive team, not truthful and use illegal HR tactics to scare employees. super high turnover. VERY political

Advice to Management

executive team needs to get out of day to day decisions and let managers manage their teams. HR does not belong in business decisions.

Oct 17, 2018 – Talent Team

Sorry to hear of your experiences with us. We have seen many grow their careers with us, which is always exciting, and it is from the hard work they have put in. Unethical tactics and politics would... More

"was fun while i lasted"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work culture and great people to work with. They really try to make it a family and are always helping each other

Cons

New branch management led to a downhill of out of office activities such as happy hours or general work events. This job is extremely stressful and can be a real downer. The work outings were the highlight of the job. Mostly these events solidified teams relationships and comradery. These have decreased with new management and with a loss of over 10 people in 3 months have led to extremely poor employee morale.

Without a change I'm sure, more will leave as I did.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap and treat your employees better. We were one of the top performing branches in the company and constantly broke records for growth. Yet there were rarely any rewards for the branch or celebrations. Turnover is high because there are not enough pros or fun times to outweigh the bad.

Sep 28, 2018 – Talent Team

While we are happy to see you were pleased with the culture, the people you worked with, and that you would recommend us, we are disappointed your experience didn’t live up to what you were seeking... More

"Ups and downs."

Current Employee - Client Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really don’t fire they’re employees you are given ample time to ramp up.
    Free coffee.
    Lots of chances to succeed.
    Management seems to honestly care for there employees.
    Great priced benefits
    Fun culture.

Cons

During the interview they say you will make 100k within two years of working. But when on the floor they say the “goal” is to reach commission within 18 months on the floor... then raise 10k per year in commission. By that rate you need to be at the company for over 6 years to hit 100k. Salesforce is also loaded with duplicate leads which people are already calling on or are active.

Advice to Management

Don’t require new hires to post positive reviews on Glassdoor before they’ve actually experienced working for the company. That’s like committing fraud.

Sep 11, 2018 – Talent Team

Thanks for your feedback! We love how our management team focuses on the success of each individual Sales Rep within our organization. Within the Sales Team, each person’s commission varies, but I’d... More