Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner

Pros
  • I enjoy working at Echo it is a very Comfortable and Friendly work environment (in 44 reviews)

• Over the course of those 6 years I've seen two things remain constant; great people and great culture (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Early start daily and long hours (in 20 reviews)

• Commission structure needs serious adjusting (in 19 reviews)

1. "IT"

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, growing fast can move up quickly

Cons

Sometimes future vision isnt the most clear

2. "Great Experince"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Echo has given me the tools and experience I will use in sales roles for the rest of my career. Great culture. all around amazing opportunity.

Cons

It is a grind! keep your head down and you have to hit the phones.

Advice to Management

Management is still ironing out all of the details of the merger.

Echo Global Logistics Response

Mar 16, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are pleased that you see the benefit in our sales program and believe it will help you as you continue to grow your career. Yes, the nature of the logistics industry can be a grind, but here at ... More

"national account manager"

Pros

loved my coworkers, nice location for branch.

Cons

base salary below average and commission plan below average

5. "National Account Manager"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can make a very good living here if you put in the work the first few years. If you do the right things.....and have luck on you're side there really is unlimited potential in terms of commissions. Once you have an established book of business and make the company consistent GP you have a lot of freedom to sell how you see fit and not get micro-managed.

Cons

It's a competitive industry and you have to adapt to the times. You're going to lose accounts to price, service failures, management changes, and sometimes for no good reason. You need thick skin to roll with the punches and position yourself to make money through the slow times and when the market flips. The only real con is the work can get very repetitive after several years so you have to find a way to make it tolerable and not burn out.

Advice to Management

Continue to advance technology and position the company to have a competitive edge over other 3PLs. Stop the favoritism and spoon feeding reps house accounts or accounts from turnover reps. Too many top "sales reps" who never really sold much. Aside from that, thank you for the great career and the financial opportunities.

6. "Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office culture -- really cool location downtown -- fun activities and incentives -- great people to work with

Cons

Not being at HQ is hard -- structure is bizarre -- little to none upward mobility

7. "National Accounts Manager"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Office, culture, people and benefits. The work is fun and fast-paced and can be very lucrative when you have established yourself within the company and industry. Recent merger was handled very well and he subsequent integration has gone about as well as one could expect. I feel very confident that he company has established itself to be a top company within an industry that is currently seeing a tremendous amount of consolidation among its major players.

Cons

Hours can be tough and it is hard to initially build ones portfolio. I've been very happy with my experience, but success can vary greatly upon which side of the business you choose and which team you get placed with.

Advice to Management

Better inter-office communication, and some slight twerking of current software. But keep doing what you have been doing which has been blending the best parts of both Command and Echo while becoming one company.

"Great place to work - Great people"

Current Employee - Operations/Sales Support in Yorba Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Operations/Sales Support in Yorba Linda, CA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Our Branch Office staff have worked together for many years and work well together. Echo Global Logistics has great benefits for employees. Lots of opportunities within the company for growth and/or even move to a new location/region, since we have so many branches. Echo offers great employee benefits.

Cons

Working in the Branch environment keeps us a bit isolated from the happenings @ Corporate. Sometimes we feel like an after thought.

Advice to Management

Better communication to the branches from Marketing, Sales, HR etc. We like you guys! We want to hear from you and be included in whats going on. Also some branch team functions would be great.

9. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Client Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Client Sales Representative

Pros

Great Atmosphere, potential to make the big bucks

Cons

hard to get to commission level. 401k plan is terrible. I think the reason for this is because when Echo started they were hiring kids straight out of college that did not worry about their future. Now that it has been around for 10+ years and they are strategically hiring we should improve the plan

Advice to Management

Please improve 401k offerings

10. "Good starting job out of college"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Its a great way to break into sales. great people to work with and great culture.

Cons

Lots of turnover. not everyone is made for sales. Middle management depending on who your manager is can be either a make or break experience

Advice to Management

sometime hiring within is not always the best solution for middle management

"Excellent for Software Engineers in Chicago"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are essentially full-stack here meaning they expect you to help build a product by working in C#, SQL, Javascript, HTML, CSS, Knockout.js, jQuery, and PowerShell if needed. You are very close to your customers and people give great feedback. The IT department in general has a very positive, fun, and progressive attitude.

Cons

They are still learning how to implement Agile more effectively. QA and Automation testing are lacking, as we still have bugs and easy errors that occur after deploys.

Advice to Management

Encourage testing testing testing, and hire more testers. More money put into development infrastructure, you'd be surprised to see how much better software engineers can develop when their environments works well.

Echo Global Logistics Response

Nov 30, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the review! We love receiving feedback from all departments within Echo, giving a better insight into our company as a whole. Our IT Department has been working tremendous hours these ... More